Update: I just replaced the 2 year old roof that Westend Roofing put up. Westend Roofing had not put on an Ice shield, some of the old shingles were still there and boards that clearly needed to be replaced had not been replaced.
I have a pretty easy roof to shingle. West End Roofing managed to screw up the job every step of the way. Note, my old roof never leaked, but the new roof leaks regularly. It has been 3 years of them coming back on a regular basis to "fix" the roof, yet it leaks at every major downpour.
1) They never showed up on the days they said they would, making it almost impossible to supervise them.
2) They failed to remove all of the old shingles.
3) They started removing the shingles on a day that heavy rain was forecast, when they had finished for the day I offered them a tarp large enough to cover my roof. They refused and it rained and the house was flooded.
4) Every time they came they failed to properly clean up after themselves. I collected a 2L pail of nails and screws despite them assuring me several times they had swept the ground for nails. They were even incompetent at using a magnetic rake.
5) They somehow managed to not hammer all the nails down properly and just laid the next layer of shingles down over top of the protruding nails.
6) When I pointed out the nails that they hadn't hammered in correctly it took them 3 trips back to hammer them in. After 3 trips I gave up on them getting it right and I hammered the last nails in myself.
7) Eves Troughs – one eve trough was put on with an 1.5” gap between it and the roof on one side, the other was put on in a way that the water running off the roof missed it completely. When they came back to fix the eves troughs one of the workers stepped on one of the eves and badly bent it.
8) It took a few tries for them to angle the eves so that the water flowed to the down spouts.
9) After having them come back multiple times I gave up on them ever fixing the leaks in one of the eves troughs and caulked it myself.
10) Water from the roof still flows between the house and one of the eve troughs
11) The downspouts are connected with 1” screws. The result is leaves regularly get caught on the screws and clog the down spout so I have to go up on the roof and clear them out.
12) I think I reattached / reconnected all the down spouts at some point.
13) The roof still leaks in multiple places!!!