Ian's Technical Services

Swimming Pools, Spas & Hot Tubs
Toronto ON
HomeStars  >  Swimming Pools, Spas & Hot Tubs in Port Credit  >  Ian's Technical Services

Review for Ian's Technical Services

D MacLeod in Toronto
D MacLeod in Toronto

Hot tub leak repair

I bought a hot tub used from a friend. Had it delivered to my back yard mid October. Due to time of year I wasn't able to get it hooked up. Waited until following spring. Once it was wired and ready to go it had leaks (probably my fault for not winterizing). I called numerous companies to try and get repaired and none would return calls. Ian did return my call. Despite being very busy and being located out in the west end he said he would come by and also gave me some tips over the phone to help cut down on his costs. With friends I put hot tub on its side and found the leak (hot tub leaks are not easy to find). Ian spent about 3 hours fixing the hottub and with all expenses in I paid about $500. The next day when we restarted the hot tub still had a leak. Now I should have re-filled and started while Ian was there but that would have been additional hours and I assumed the leak was fixed. Sadly there was a leak in a different area of the hottub. Ian was able to come back within 2 weeks. This time we made sure no leaks. All in it cost me $1,000. Ian was great and I don't blame him for the issues. I should have 1. tested the hot tub immediately after buying from friend and 2. had it properly winterized or hooked up prior to winter.