Weed Man - Ottawa

Un Known Ottawa ON K1A
HomeStars  >  Weed Control in Ottawa  >  Weed Man - Ottawa

Reviews for Weed Man - Ottawa

Weedman

I am really happy with Weedman at a service level. Their techs are really friendly and they do a great job. My only complaint is the constant calls to upgrade services and apply new services. I recognise the need to alert customers to any potential problem, or extra services but they are heavy on the phone calls. Take away that and I would give them five stars.

Michelle in Richmond Hill
Michelle in Richmond Hill

Poor customer service

Terrible customer service when calling the office. Messages are not clearly received by field technicians. Calls are made, promises made but NEVER kept. Have been waiting for over a week for our first weed control treatment, it's always going to be a rush but no one comes out. HVe asked to speak with an office administrator but they are "never around". Have left messages for someone of authority to call back, never get a call back. They are very polite and friendly on the phone but RARELY follow brought on what they say. Very frustrating to deal with this company. Should not have to chase after service every time. We're DONE with this company.

geofflhenderson
geofflhenderson
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Frustated by Calls

I used their service for a few years and was satisfied but not overwhelmed. However, due to financial situations I had to cancel their service a few tears ago. Since then, I have received an enormous amounts of call trying to get my business back. I've explained, politely, the reason more times than I can count. I've asked to be taken off their call list, told I would be, only to be contacted again a few weeks later. Because of this, even if I decide to have lawn care again, I will call a competitor and will never use their service again. Your inability to respect my situation and wishes have caused me to lose respect for this company.

Lawn care

Are lawn was infested with cinch bugs last year. They came many times because I was not satisfied with the treatments. By the end of the summer my whole lawn was damaged. I asked to get reinbursed for the last treatments because it was useless to do anything. Refused to reinburse, then I asked them to apply the last treatments so they wouldn't have to come back. We had to tear our lawn appart and reseed. Then this April they came to apply a treatment without our knowledge and we got billed for it. Called the company and they wanted a supervisor to come and inspect our lawn and I basically told them that I didn't need their help last year why would I want them again this year. If you have weed man for lawn care be careful since they cannot be trusted

Carlos Jr in Ottawa
Carlos Jr in Ottawa

DO NOT TRUST WEEDMAN.

I paid for a summer service, 4 treatments of weed control and 4 treatments of fertilizer.

The weed control was useless and it did nothing to stop the weeds from growing. The last fertilizer treatment burned my lawn.

I even bought the extra "grub control" treatment that they recommended.

I asked them to not renew my subscription, and to stop the services when they did their follow-up call.

After the winter, and now that it's spring, I get slapped with a bill for them "fertilizing" my lawn. I was furious, and called them to stop. They told me that they're going to fix the mistake that they made for free. They brought a "supervisor" the next day... and I get a "quote" for another treatment. Suffice to say, I called again to don't bother ever contacting me.

Dantheman in Toronto
Dantheman in Toronto

Weedman lawncarw

Was thinking of cancelling services this year due to results, after today I will not! Had a technician named Steven, come by sprayed weeds for me and I told him how I was not happy he said he will do his best to make me happy came back twice so far then he explain to me it's not the money from this job that makes him happy....it's customers smiles! !!! He is my favourite technician I had this year! I hope he services my house again next year!

Hi Dantheman,

What a great story - we appreciate you sharing with us and the rest of the Weed Man community! We take pride in offering top-of-the-line customer service and hope we can turn that 6 stars into a 10-star rating very soon. Please let us know if there's anything we can help you with, in order to do so! Have a great day.

- Your Local Weed Man

weedman

horrible service, you call them and they will say that someone will be coming in to spray the lawn but no one shows up, they showed up x2 when i continuously called them and stated they will put regular visit for every week in the system, never happened and the weed never died with x2 service. Mohammad our area supervisors promised us that someone will come , no one showed up.
horrible service will not recommend for any one. please go with nutri lawn.

Hello,

Thanks for leaving this review to let us know about your experience. We are constantly looking to improve our processes, and reviews like these help greatly. As a Weed Man customer, you get to receive as many free Weed Control applications as necessary until the weeds are gone. So we will continue to show up until this is completed. However, we are sorry we haven't come out as regularly as you would have liked.

We will need some more information so we can make sure to get someone out to your lawn as soon as possible. Can you please call our office or send an email to [email protected]? We will prioritize your request and make sure someone comes by soon!

Thanks and have an amazing day,

Weed Man Ottawa

val from Cumberland
val from Cumberland

Lawn Maintenance

3 times they sprayed then told me not to water lawn and it rained same day. Came back, but treatments for broadleaf weeds not effective - not worth the cost

Hi Val.

Thanks for leaving your feedback, we are happy to hear about how customer's experience with us, so we can improve our services. We're sorry to hear that the Weed Treatment wasn't successful. It is likely that if there was rain on the same day as our application it may have not been and effective, but our programs include an unlimited number of treatments and we will keep visiting until the weeds are gone. This may take multiple trips out and also may require additional services to totally get rid of the problem. If you want to discuss this concern further we encourage you to reach out to our office manager Chandra by phone at 613-743-0883 or by email at [email protected]

Thanks and have an amazing day.

- Your Weed Man Ottawa Team

marcel  from Ottawa
marcel from Ottawa

Weedman Ottawa

Horrible customer service. Please go with someone else. When you cancel their services, THEY WILL HARASS you for 2 years +. They will even change their phone numbers to get you to answer. SAD!!

PW Hughes from Ottawa
PW Hughes from Ottawa
13 reviews Ottawa, ON

Utterly useless

I bought this service for several years to look after weed growth in my lawn. I don't know which chemical (if any) they were spraying, but it did nothing. Plenty of weeds left over after years of this service. No more!

More about Weed Man - Ottawa

Weed Man Ottawa is part of a large franchise of networks providing professional horticultural services in Canada, UK, and the US. Our franchise, Weed Man Ottawa, was originally founded in 1994 by the Shane family and was expanded in 2004 when we purchased Weed Man Gatineau. With these two branches ...