Weed Man Ottawa

Weed Control
Weed Man Ottawa

Reviews for Weed Man Ottawa

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT USING THEIR PRODUCT, RUN.....

Do not uses this company, they are a total waist of time and money especially! DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR CREDIT CARD, they charge at will and DO NOT GIVE ANY REFUND. They do not need a signature and will not provide you with a copy of any sales agreement. Do not even talk to them as they do service at will and charge you.
I spoke to a Kate in Scarborough who said she was the customer service manager, don't waist your time with her as she does not address any of your concerns, cuts you off while you are talking, has an excuse for everything......JUST DON'T USE THIS COMPANY.....you have been warned!

Unhappy customer
Unhappy customer

remedial action taken

After a devastating chinch bug infestation that turned most of my lawn brown, the company aerated and reseed the lawns, with fertilizer. I trust my lawn will now rebound. Happier now.

Tom
Tom
1 review Clarence Rockland, ON

Lawn care service

Worst service and product I have ever bought. They do not tell the truth when they say they’ve treated and then when they do treat it still leaves weeds. I’ve had three applications. I have pictures to prove it.

lame results, worse service

I was a customer for 7 years. Every year i spoke to them about the lack of results, had them come back and redo things occasionally. Every year I either paid up front to get the discount, or paid as we went over the summer as work was completed to view results. Always paid by end of summer. Never an issue. Was thinking about changing companies finally, when out of the blue i get a notice from a collection agency saying i hadnt paid my bill! Called weed man, they said oh, new policy we automatically send any bill unpaid over 30 days to collections. No call, no heads up. I said ok, no worries, retract it and we'll pay it off right now. And next time call me ok? So paid the bill. Next week comes and i'm still getting calls from the collections. i call back, again, we'll resolve that, sorry. Three weeks go by, still getting calls. i send email. nothing. Now calling again. To cancel.

False Statements

they called me. try to up sell me. i asked to send me contract, which never came to me, instead they applied service after two days. I called and asked them to stop it as I never accepted it. They sent me bill for first application. I asked them to send me recording of conversation happened between me and selling guy, which never came to me via email or so. Now they want this money without any agreement, I will file complaint via consumer court (as per law). be aware of this.

Weedman

I am really happy with Weedman at a service level. Their techs are really friendly and they do a great job. My only complaint is the constant calls to upgrade services and apply new services. I recognise the need to alert customers to any potential problem, or extra services but they are heavy on the phone calls. Take away that and I would give them five stars.

Michelle in Richmond Hill
Michelle in Richmond Hill

Poor customer service

Terrible customer service when calling the office. Messages are not clearly received by field technicians. Calls are made, promises made but NEVER kept. Have been waiting for over a week for our first weed control treatment, it's always going to be a rush but no one comes out. HVe asked to speak with an office administrator but they are "never around". Have left messages for someone of authority to call back, never get a call back. They are very polite and friendly on the phone but RARELY follow brought on what they say. Very frustrating to deal with this company. Should not have to chase after service every time. We're DONE with this company.

geofflhenderson
geofflhenderson
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Frustated by Calls

I used their service for a few years and was satisfied but not overwhelmed. However, due to financial situations I had to cancel their service a few tears ago. Since then, I have received an enormous amounts of call trying to get my business back. I've explained, politely, the reason more times than I can count. I've asked to be taken off their call list, told I would be, only to be contacted again a few weeks later. Because of this, even if I decide to have lawn care again, I will call a competitor and will never use their service again. Your inability to respect my situation and wishes have caused me to lose respect for this company.

Lawn care

Are lawn was infested with cinch bugs last year. They came many times because I was not satisfied with the treatments. By the end of the summer my whole lawn was damaged. I asked to get reinbursed for the last treatments because it was useless to do anything. Refused to reinburse, then I asked them to apply the last treatments so they wouldn't have to come back. We had to tear our lawn appart and reseed. Then this April they came to apply a treatment without our knowledge and we got billed for it. Called the company and they wanted a supervisor to come and inspect our lawn and I basically told them that I didn't need their help last year why would I want them again this year. If you have weed man for lawn care be careful since they cannot be trusted

Carlos Jr in Ottawa
Carlos Jr in Ottawa

DO NOT TRUST WEEDMAN.

I paid for a summer service, 4 treatments of weed control and 4 treatments of fertilizer.

The weed control was useless and it did nothing to stop the weeds from growing. The last fertilizer treatment burned my lawn.

I even bought the extra "grub control" treatment that they recommended.

I asked them to not renew my subscription, and to stop the services when they did their follow-up call.

After the winter, and now that it's spring, I get slapped with a bill for them "fertilizing" my lawn. I was furious, and called them to stop. They told me that they're going to fix the mistake that they made for free. They brought a "supervisor" the next day... and I get a "quote" for another treatment. Suffice to say, I called again to don't bother ever contacting me.

More about Weed Man Ottawa

Weed Man Ottawa is part of a large franchise of networks providing professional horticultural services in Canada, UK, and the US. Our franchise, Weed Man Ottawa, was originally founded in 1994 by the Shane family and was expanded in 2004 when we purchased Weed Man Gatineau. With these two branches ...
Looking for Weed Control pros in Ottawa?