Jeld Wen Of Canada Ltd

Disappointed
1 review Timmins, ON

Garbage windows

Built a new house..windows didnt even last 7 years
Long story short...found the 10 year receipt / warranty too late...my house is 11 years old and I have to replace most of my windows

Tamara in Calgary
Tamara in Calgary

Bathroom

Purchased three master bathroom windows. Paid extra for the pebbled glass on delivery all the windows had the wrong glass and both the side windows that were suppose to open did not work right and the screens were the wrong size. Purchased in Sept/19 we are now in Jun/20 and the screens still not in as they keep sending the wrong size. The most frustrating part is I have to keep emailing as they do not send you any updates of when new screens will be coming. With it now being 10 months from purchase and still not fixed. Beyond frustrating and the main office not very helpful!

Jeld wen Crap windows  in Okanagan Falls
Jeld wen Crap windows in Okanagan Falls
0 reviews Okanagan Falls, BC

Total house window replacement $5

Contractor Replaced all windows 2 years ago with Jeld-wen windows. I got a quote to put uv film on them. The installer tested the windows. He told me he has seen before ( rarely ),where inside glass was used on the outside and outside on the inside.
The jeld-wen windows that I have are over 60% assembled wrong. They would shatter if he put the 100% uv block window film on them!!!
Terrible quality control. Crap product with very sloppy sliding mechanisms on the sliding windows. I am not at all pleased with quality of these windows, never mind finding out I can't even put the 100% film, I can only go 70% max.

Patio Door

Door was delivered with a crack in the frame.
The old door is removed, New door unwrapped and placed in opening. While squaring the frame and testing the doors, the doors would not close properly. Noticed the top frame was cracked. This was a Saturday. Company not open. What to do? Can't put back old door. Don't want a huge hole in wall. Continued the install to avoid a large hole in back wall.
Now manufacturer refuses to address the issue because it was installed.

custom Jeld-Wen patio doors ordered through builder installed by Jeld-Wen

newly built home 2018. custom patio doors 8x16 ordered through builder who uses Jeld-Wen. installed by Jeld-Wen. Framed bowed, sliding doors do not close tight, screen doors do not close tightly....during rain storm water leaking inside on hardwood floor.
Jeld-Wen in to try and "fix" problems 5 times. Last time july 12th. came with 3 people including Daniel, manager for the area. Daniel acknowledged the multiple attempts at "patching " the problems were not working and that the patio doors would be replaced within 2-3 weeks because custom made.
July 23rd...no dates for replacement.
Do NOT use this window company....very poor service and product!
July 23rd no action from Jeld-wen

Window Replacement - 26 new windows, 13 got warranty repair resulting in major cost overruns and delays - DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY's PRODUCTS

I ordered almost 26 replacement wood windows through Home Hardware at their recommendation and on that of my contractor. It was a major investment and it ended up being a real problem. A large number of windows had construction or assembly problems. It was challenging to get service to respond (multiple followups for most attempts) but I did get service and in the end warranty repairs were done on 13 windows (they missed one). The problems resulted in an over 6 month delay in the completion of the project and several thousand dollars in additional costs to me and now I am worried that I will have more problems down the road. If I had to do it over I would have gone with another manufacturer. The only reason that they got 1 star from me is because they actually made an effort to fix the problems with their windows. Although some of their people made a real effort to help I cannot recommend that ANYONE buy their products.

superspryte in Georgina
superspryte in Georgina
1 review Georgina, ON

Where's my door?

Had a cracked door frame for our sliding door that's been listed on our initial Tarion report since April 2016. Like everyone else, I wish I could give zero stars.

The builder couldn't reach them, so I got the number and called myself. After several attempts over a couple weeks where I left my phone on hold for at least 45 minutes to get customer service, I dialed the sales extension, which picked up right away. Then they transferred me to CS and they picked up right away too (interesting...). I was told that the door we'd been waiting for was finally in and that they'd been trying to reach the builder for two weeks. It seems on top of bad service they're also okay with being dishonest with customers.

Anyway, I arranged for someone to be home and for the builder to be there to receive it because they tried to deliver a door that was the wrong size three months ago. Today I got a call that they didn't have the part (door) and that they'd have to cancel the delivery for tomorrow. Wait, so what door was in stock six days ago and what happened to it in the interim? Of course I was told she didn't know and a manager just told her to call. When I asked to speak to a manager I was put on hold for five minutes only to be told they were in a meeting and she'd leave a note the manager's desk. At this point I actually laughed and asked if I'd actually get a call back. As expected, no call. I tried calling back to give them the benefit of the doubt and got the office-is-closed message that hung up on me when I tried to leave a message.

Tomorrow I'm reporting this company. Clearly I'm not the only one who us having these kinds of problems and it cannot be allowed to continue.

RenoJen in Winnipeg
RenoJen in Winnipeg
1 review Winnipeg, MB

Replacement Vinyl Windows & Garden Door

Our contractor recommended JELD-WEN Vinyl windows to replace our bedroom/kitchen windows, and a garden door to replace our sliding patio doors. We went with a Low-E coating and they made a huge difference. We even got rid of our curtains in the dining room as the hot sun didn't bug us anymore. There was a noticable savings on our hydro bill after that too. They look great and so far, no issues at all. I think our contractor purchased them on our behalf through home depot, but am not 100% sure.

Bob in Toronto
Bob in Toronto
1 review Ottawa, ON

Basement Door

I purchased custom door through Lowes. The 'prehung' door arrived as a 'kit', which I had to assemble and then hang. the door jams and stops were not cut correctly so they wouldn't go together square. I put them together as best I could, figuring the caulking and trim would hide the problem (it is after all a basement). I then realized that the door had three hinges. But the jam only had two. they will not refund any part of the cost - but offered to send me a new door jam if I feel like ripping apart my door and trying to rebuild the kit again - yes - not a new kit, a new door jam. Mickey mouse company. POS products. Crappy service. Lowes is even worse. Go with a reputable company.

Ernie in Edmonton
Ernie in Edmonton
1 review Steinbach, MB

Three Garden doors

I purchased (3) garden doors two years ago and was informed that they are the right product for our climate. After having them installed, I realized the first winter, that they certainly were not made for our climate. The door itself is not insulated properly, therefore allowing condensation on the inside of each of the metal panels. The weather stripping is not of a great quality, seeing as it allows the doors to freeze up between the door and jamb---which forces us to pound on the door to break the ice in order to open it.
I've logged several complaints which have caused Jeld wen personnel to make attempts to repair the problem, but to no avail.
No comparison to my neighbour's doors, which were purchased and installed a year ago, from Ply Gem. No problems related to these doors compared to my Jeld wen doors---and the cost is the same.

Looking for Windows & Doors Installation & Service pros in Edmonton?