Jeld-Wen Of Canada Ltd

Windows & Doors Installation & Service
17412 111 Avenue NW Edmonton AB

Reviews for Jeld-Wen Of Canada Ltd

Patio Door

Door was delivered with a crack in the frame.
The old door is removed, New door unwrapped and placed in opening. While squaring the frame and testing the doors, the doors would not close properly. Noticed the top frame was cracked. This was a Saturday. Company not open. What to do? Can't put back old door. Don't want a huge hole in wall. Continued the install to avoid a large hole in back wall.
Now manufacturer refuses to address the issue because it was installed.

custom Jeld-Wen patio doors ordered through builder installed by Jeld-Wen

newly built home 2018. custom patio doors 8x16 ordered through builder who uses Jeld-Wen. installed by Jeld-Wen. Framed bowed, sliding doors do not close tight, screen doors do not close tightly....during rain storm water leaking inside on hardwood floor.
Jeld-Wen in to try and "fix" problems 5 times. Last time july 12th. came with 3 people including Daniel, manager for the area. Daniel acknowledged the multiple attempts at "patching " the problems were not working and that the patio doors would be replaced within 2-3 weeks because custom made.
July 23rd...no dates for replacement.
Do NOT use this window company....very poor service and product!
July 23rd no action from Jeld-wen

Window Replacement - 26 new windows, 13 got warranty repair resulting in major cost overruns and delays - DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY's PRODUCTS

I ordered almost 26 replacement wood windows through Home Hardware at their recommendation and on that of my contractor. It was a major investment and it ended up being a real problem. A large number of windows had construction or assembly problems. It was challenging to get service to respond (multiple followups for most attempts) but I did get service and in the end warranty repairs were done on 13 windows (they missed one). The problems resulted in an over 6 month delay in the completion of the project and several thousand dollars in additional costs to me and now I am worried that I will have more problems down the road. If I had to do it over I would have gone with another manufacturer. The only reason that they got 1 star from me is because they actually made an effort to fix the problems with their windows. Although some of their people made a real effort to help I cannot recommend that ANYONE buy their products.

superspryte in Georgina
superspryte in Georgina
1 review Georgina, ON

Where's my door?

Had a cracked door frame for our sliding door that's been listed on our initial Tarion report since April 2016. Like everyone else, I wish I could give zero stars.

The builder couldn't reach them, so I got the number and called myself. After several attempts over a couple weeks where I left my phone on hold for at least 45 minutes to get customer service, I dialed the sales extension, which picked up right away. Then they transferred me to CS and they picked up right away too (interesting...). I was told that the door we'd been waiting for was finally in and that they'd been trying to reach the builder for two weeks. It seems on top of bad service they're also okay with being dishonest with customers.

Anyway, I arranged for someone to be home and for the builder to be there to receive it because they tried to deliver a door that was the wrong size three months ago. Today I got a call that they didn't have the part (door) and that they'd have to cancel the delivery for tomorrow. Wait, so what door was in stock six days ago and what happened to it in the interim? Of course I was told she didn't know and a manager just told her to call. When I asked to speak to a manager I was put on hold for five minutes only to be told they were in a meeting and she'd leave a note the manager's desk. At this point I actually laughed and asked if I'd actually get a call back. As expected, no call. I tried calling back to give them the benefit of the doubt and got the office-is-closed message that hung up on me when I tried to leave a message.

Tomorrow I'm reporting this company. Clearly I'm not the only one who us having these kinds of problems and it cannot be allowed to continue.

RenoJen in Winnipeg
RenoJen in Winnipeg
1 review Winnipeg, MB

Replacement Vinyl Windows & Garden Door

Our contractor recommended JELD-WEN Vinyl windows to replace our bedroom/kitchen windows, and a garden door to replace our sliding patio doors. We went with a Low-E coating and they made a huge difference. We even got rid of our curtains in the dining room as the hot sun didn't bug us anymore. There was a noticable savings on our hydro bill after that too. They look great and so far, no issues at all. I think our contractor purchased them on our behalf through home depot, but am not 100% sure.

Bob in Toronto

780-481-6262
17412 111 Avenue NW
Edmonton
AB

I purchased custom door through Lowes. The 'prehung' door arrived as a 'kit', which I had to assemble and then hang. the door jams and stops were not cut correctly so they wouldn't go together square. I put them together as best I could, figuring the caulking and trim would hide the problem (it is after all a basement). I then realized that the door had three hinges. But the jam only had two. they will not refund any part of the cost - but offered to send me a new door jam if I feel like ripping apart my door and trying to rebuild the kit again - yes - not a new kit, a new door jam. Mickey mouse company. POS products. Crappy service. Lowes is even worse. Go with a reputable company.

Ernie in Edmonton
Ernie in Edmonton
1 review Steinbach, MB

Three Garden doors

I purchased (3) garden doors two years ago and was informed that they are the right product for our climate. After having them installed, I realized the first winter, that they certainly were not made for our climate. The door itself is not insulated properly, therefore allowing condensation on the inside of each of the metal panels. The weather stripping is not of a great quality, seeing as it allows the doors to freeze up between the door and jamb---which forces us to pound on the door to break the ice in order to open it.
I've logged several complaints which have caused Jeld wen personnel to make attempts to repair the problem, but to no avail.
No comparison to my neighbour's doors, which were purchased and installed a year ago, from Ply Gem. No problems related to these doors compared to my Jeld wen doors---and the cost is the same.

Brian in Edmonton
Brian in Edmonton
1 review Whitby, ON

New garden doors

We recently purchased 2 sets of Jeld Wen garden doors from Lowes because the price was great!!.
We noticed that one of the internal blind controls was missing but figured it may have fell off and could be repaired. After proceeding to install 2/2 of the doors once we cleared the opening, we noticed that it also had a different style bolt for the stationary door. The following day we went to Lowes and had a work order sent to Jeld Wen, the Jed Wen form stated that we would hear from them in 2 business days. 2 weeks later I returned to Lowes and had them look into why there was no call saying when we could expect the service people, Lowes called back and said Jeld Wen said we were in Que and they would get to us. We then proceeded to take a 10 day family holiday, on my return I went back to Lowes to see where Jeld Wen was they called Jeld Wen and Jed Wen says no we didn't get any paperwork. So Lowes does the paperwork over again and the manger takes point. I receive a call 4 days later from Jeld Wen they can have someone out to me in 7 WEEKS. The customer service at Jeld WEn is some of the worst service I have experienced. They even at one point blamed Lowes, while I sat there both times paperwork was filed and watch it being sent.

janice from Edmonton
janice from Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

window install

good service good warranty fast and reliable service person.
showed up on time friendly service people. call back a little slow. contact through email better and faster. out o town service slower.

lisa in Spruce grove
lisa in Spruce grove
3 reviews SPRUCE GROVE, AB

windows for new home

Our builder had sent us to Jeldwen for our windows and doors. The sales person advised us to use a color he said everyone uses as black. I said i do not want brown at all ! He says it doesnt look a shade of brown it looks black. So we went ahead with what we were told and brown was definately installed on our house. We had called numerous time to see if we could fix the situation and our calls were never returned.