Neptune Plumbing & Heating Ltd

8-603 77 Avenue SE Calgary AB T2H 2B9
Neptune Plumbing & Heating Ltd

Reviews for Neptune Plumbing & Heating Ltd

Poor follow-up

Neptune Plumbing & Heating Ltd. installed two new furnaces in 2018. One of the furnaces was not working and a High Efficient Inducer motor was replaced on the Carrier furnace in July, 2020. According to the technician, we were unlucky, and the initial inducer motor was probably defective. He reassured us by stating that once the manufacturer looked at the defective inducer motor, we should be able to receive half of our money back, approximately one month later. I have phoned Neptune Plumbing and only spoke to a receptionist. One day, I was told that this problem was on someone's radar and that Scott (I think) was looking into the matter. I have phoned approximately six times, but nobody has followed up with me.
I am disappointed with the lack of communication.

Done and Done
Done and Done

Sink drainage problems

Zach and his partner were efficient, professional, quick, thorough, cleaned up after themselves, explained what they had to do and clarified what was happening as they performed the procedure. And most appreciated by me because its what i like to do in order to learn, they let me watch and ask questions unbegrudgingly. I am very satisfied with the quality of work performed by Neptune as i have employed them on three different occasions now, both plumbing and heating. Thanks Neptune!

Fred
Fred

Service

First time we have used Neptune and we are so glad we found them! Can't say enough about Scott Kirkwood and the job he did, his knowledge of plumbing and the work he did far surpassed our expectations. Highly recommend this company to anyone looking for service or products when it comes to all your plumbing and heating needs. Sounded like a commercial there but truly was pleased with everything Scott did for us! Thanks!

Shelley
Shelley

Main pressure water valve

Ben arrived early he was very professional, knowledgeable and informative. The work he did is good quality. I am very satisfied with the service and will recommend Neptune plumbing and heating. Thank you

Lynn in Calgary
Lynn in Calgary

My “go to” people

I have an ancient humidifier that was making horrible sounds. Ben from Neptune Plumbing came out and was able to fix it instead of selling me a new one. He was professional and upfront with all my options. I’ve used them before after another plumber mess up my kitchen. They are always consistent.

Too much in TSUU T'INA
Too much in TSUU T'INA

Excessive Charges

After paying $69 for him to enter the door, without advising me of the cost he reconnected the pop-up in a bathroom sink in just a few minutes and charged me $79 for the task. Then he quoted the price of a basic kitchen tap at over $400 as a starting price not counting installation! I refused and bought my tap elsewhere.

Pam in Calgary
Pam in Calgary

Faulty Repair to Leaking Valve

Main water entrance valve to house was repaired by Neptune on Monday to fix leak. The pipe started to leak again by Thursday. No warranty but they didn't tell me that until work had been completed. Got another plumber to fix the second leak instead of paying Neptune anything more

Oliver in Calgary
Oliver in Calgary

Tankless got water tank replacement

I called this company after hours and was told to wait until Monday because it was only drips coming from my tankless hot water tank so I could save 200$. Monday Trevor showed up and he was professional and clean. He was very good at explaining what the problem was and the cost and calmed me down and helped by providing me help with a payment program provider. He installed the new tank with Martin who was also wonderful. Trevor went above and beyond and even changed some light bulbs for me because he had a ladder. I am so thankful for these men and this company and the compassion they showed me in my time of need.

Ruth  from Calgary
Ruth from Calgary

Toilet and water heater replacement

When I called in a panic on July 13 about a badly leaking water heater, I talked to Shannon. I was willing to pay for an emergency call that day at 4pm but she told me, due to a cancellation, they could schedule me in the afternoon, for regular rates. What a relief! Shannon was very pleasant and called me when the technician was on the way. I was also able to use a discount coupon to lessen the bill. That's cool.

I had the misfortune to have both a leaky (27yr+) toilet and a leaking (13yr+) water heater happen, in unrelated situations. Ben came, and advised me on options, no hard-sell on anything. I thought the total price quoted was reasonable, given the old plumbing in the house. I agreed to having both heater and toilet replaced. Ben ably and efficiently replaced the water heater on the same day and the toilet yesterday. What can I say about Ben? He is very nice, totally efficient & professional, cleaned up messes and just great overall. Having all this work done in the house was amazingly painless. I was really impressed by Ben's attitude and ability.

This was my first time using Neptune and I would totally recommend them to anyone! I will definitely keep using them (especially Ben, if possible) in the future!!

Jude in Calgary
Jude in Calgary

Furnace Inspection

I called these guys out for a furnace inspection on my recently purchased house. They were prompt, polite & professional. They talked me through the work they were going to do, and encouraged me to ask questions. The work was done quickly and I was given a full explanation of what was done. Cost was very reasonable and I was happy.