Driveway Guy The

pat panagos from Pickering
pat panagos from Pickering
3 reviews Pickering, ON

Asphalt sealing

I contacted Terry by mistake thinking it was his company that had done my neighbors driveway. I was wrong but that was good luck for me. Terry was very upfront and informative. His crew made sure my driveway was covered properly as it was recently paved. It looks amazing. He is now my guy for sealing. Thanks Terry.

Private User reviews Ajax, ON

Seal and Patch Driveway

Terry was very kind and professional, the driveway looks incredible! Called the morning and made sure arrangements were in place, job was completed between an hour - an hour and a half! Terry also provided clear instructions on how to care for the new seal and patches! All in all a great experience!

Pentium1 in Pickering
Pentium1 in Pickering
1 review Pickering, ON

Driveway sealed totally disatisifie!

Wanted driveway sealed. Driveway guy applied sealant day it rained.
I questioned about the effectiveness after rain. He said no problem.
After 6 months It is as though nothing was applied. Never again !. Buy your own, apply it for 1/3 the cost. You will have a better product. Driveway guy is not as advertised.
It is now October 26th. Driveway sealer is deteriorating.
Never again.

Natasha@home
N. A.
23 reviews Pickering, ON

Quality Driveway Coating

This company does a few houses on our street every year - and since I began using them, I have them do my driveway regularly. I've been very satisfied with their service, detail of work, and the quality of the topping used. It's not like the thin stuff you buy at the box store. If you use chemicals like salt, de-icers, car wash detergents on your drive, you'd want to get your asphalt protected every 1-2 years. Since we use none of that, we extend to 2-3 years. The guy who comes to give you the quote is Terry - and he's honest and fair with the quote. (Ours is more because it's a deeper driveway - I will add a pic) They will give you a window of a few days (because application is weather based), collect the payment when they do the work or the evening of the job, and leave the driveway taped off at the bottom. They cleaned the weeds from the edges, used a blower to remove dust, moved my 2 urns (because I forgot to - sorry guys!), and had no over-spray anywhere. The seal finish is glossy for about a month and then becomes matte. They clearly care about the quality and my business. You better believe I will recommend them to the people who buy my house since I'm moving away. I will also post a photo of their typical pink flyer - because there are 2 companies in Durham with too similiar names I think. (They don't do Scarborough - I asked - I wanted to send them to do my Mom's place but they are busy enough with the jobs they get locally)

Judy in Pickering
Judy in Pickering

Great job, as always!

Terry and his crew have been sealing our driveway for years. They always do a great job! Our asphalt is surrounded by paving stones and they never get the sealant on these light coloured stones. They are very neat and quick and leave the site clean! Terry is always pleasant and is never pushy. When we had a significant gap between our garage edge and the driveway he provided us with options but never forced anything, he let us make our own decision. I would never have anyone else seal our driveway!
Highly recommend the Driveway Guy!

Lana in Pickering
Lana in Pickering

Sealing a driveway

We have been using services of Driveway Guy since 2012. Terry and his team are very professional and pleasant to deal with: a quick response, an excellent job and fair cost. We would definitely recommend Driveway Guy.

Richard in Pickering
Richard in Pickering

Happy Repeat Customer on Appleview Rd

We purchased this home 9 years ago and started getting quotes for a new driveway. Terry convinced us to try patching and sealing. What a difference it makes, we have delayed the cash outlay on a new driveway for almost a decade. We used those funds for other more needed renovations. Clearly a sealed driveway is not new pavement, but it looks great and has extended the life of an old sun burned surface. Les and Terry have given good honest service. When we repave, they will be spraying it from year 3 on. These guys have a bunch of repeat customers on our street for good reason.
Thanks
Richard

happy customer in
happy customer in
1 review Port Perry, ON

ramp and seal

We have a huge driveway which is really old with cracks and problems. He made it look great . Courteous and quick service with reasonable pricing. Ed is very personable and friendly to deal with.

Bob from Ajax
Bob from Ajax

Driveway Sealing

In 14 years 2 current location. Used The Driveway Guy on 3 occasions and never been disappointed. Very reasonable, Great product and results. No pressure, knowledgeable and prompt. Earned a long time customer :-)

Natasha@home
N. A.
23 reviews Pickering, ON

Protection and Instant Curb Appeal

The Driveway Guy crew sealed our asphalt drive. They offer a free in-person estimate, clean the driveway before and remove weeds along the edge, use an industrial blower to remove debris before starting, use boards to block over-spray (these may leave a black edge on the grass), used a trailer-mounted spray system and a good quality sealer. It was a very efficient crew and they were done in 30min. You need to avoid driving on it for 48hrs - and they provide the tape barrier at the bottom of the drive. Our driveway is about 17 years old and I am very happy with the even finish and the added protection a regularly applied seal provides. Sealers act like a thin shield for the asphalt composite; slowing the breakdown and making it more impervious to the weather and chemicals/soaps etc that get used on it - extending the life of a driveway with regular applications. DIY would have cost the same with all the equipment I'd buy... and the store-stuff is a thinner and less durable solution. I took 3 estimates and there was a range - but all companies say that the seal lasts 2-3 years before you need to have it re-done. I paid $100 last time to a door-to-door guy who knew his stuff and he did a good job, but the finish/coverage was not as good as this trailer-mounted 2-man operation.

Only negatives are the shiny look of the drive (that fades to matte in a couple of months - I asked and then I went by my neighbours who used the same company some months back to verify) and lack of a booking schedule. They have to come based on weather/precipitation, so there are no set appointments and that's a little hard to plan with. The temps should be over 8C to do this so don't wait too long into the fall to get it done like I did last year.