Tora Concrete And Construction

Reviews for Tora Concrete And Construction

Chris Bergos from Calgary
Chris Bergos from Calgary

Exposed aggregate patio

We had a stamped patio poured in June this year by a different contractor and it turned out to be disastrous. It sloped toward our back door , was poorly stamped and was a strange pick colour. Orazio and his crew came and removed it (430 sqft) in mid July. They removed it very efficiently. They took extreme care while working in some tight spots and cleaned the site beautifully. They then prepped the site and poured a new patio in exposed aggregate. Orazio’s choice of colour was absolutely perfect. He brought some curves into the shape making it very pleasing to they eye and it certainly enhances our backyard. The project was completed in a very timely manner with great attention paid to every detail. Our backyard was left spotless after each stage of completing this project. The cost was very reasonable which included demolition and replacement. Orazio has certainly restored our faith in excellent workmanship. Thank you, Orazio to you and your crew! We look forward to working with you next on our garage project.

While we are never happy to hear the horror stories, we love the opportunity to restore faith. Especially with truly deserving people like you guys. Thank you for the time and effort you put into your review of our company, for recognizing the commitment we put into our projects. Have a happy summer on your new patio!

Pat
Pat

Quote Request

I contacted Tora Concrete via email for a quote on some restoration work. I received a call from Tora within a couple of hours to let me know this project was not the type of work they do but provided me with the name of a company to contact for help. Great service, great response time , much appreciated.

Thank you, Pat. I really appreciate you making the time to comment. It is always my pleasure to respond to people who are respectful, which unfortunately is not always the case.

K and M
K and M

Beautiful Patio

When we met and spoke to Orazio we knew that we had met a guy who would do a good job and was very knowledgeable about cement. We were looking to build a 10‘ x 26‘ exposed aggregate patio for our backyard, which would have a barbeque area as well as a sitting area. One of our concerns was about the slight slope in our backyard, Orazio was able to address our concerns about drainage, and build us a patio with the correct slope for water drainage but doesn’t affect the sitting area. He and his team worked efficiently and quickly. When the patio was finished they put all the dirt back around the patio, and cleaned up the area. Our final product is a beautiful patio that we will enjoy for many years. We would highly recommend Tori cement!

Thank you for your kind review. We really enjoyed our time working with you, and wish you many years of patio enjoyment!

Howard in Calgary
Howard in Calgary

Exposed aggregate walkways

We had Tora Concrete install exposed aggregate concrete walkways by the house and in the backyard and we are very happy with the beautiful results. Orazio is a true concrete craftsman who takes pride in his work and it shows. He offered suggestions that we never thought of such as the curves that made the project unique and beautiful. He and his crew completed the project in a timely manner and they really pay attention to the details that contribute to a successful project. They respected our property and cleaned up thoroughly each day. We never felt they were here to just get the job done as quickly as possible but rather they took the time to do it well. I especially appreciate the attention they took to elevations and slopes to ensure proper water runoff. Orazio was quick to respond and offered a competitive quote near the end of last season but wasn't able to fit us in before winter so we appreciated that he honoured the quote when he was able to complete the project this spring. He is also very responsive to any email or phone inquiries. I am a self-professed perfectionist and Orazio and Ian happily answered my questions during the project and tolerated my "supervision". If you are considering a concrete project, Tora Concrete comes highly recommended.

Hi Howard. Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review. We always treat our clients' properties like they were our own and it's so nice when someone notices. Thank you also for your patience and for waiting till we could get there. There are so many variables in this business it is hard to schedule so it is greatly appreciated when clients understand. Enjoy your summer!

Dnitsche
Dnitsche

Best concrete guys in Calgary

Orazio and his crew are great and super accommodating not only to us but are neighbours as well as this project impacted them. Very knowledgeable and got the job done quickly and efficiently. If we ever need anymore work done there is only one place I’d go and that is Tora Concrete!!

Thank you, this was the first job of the season, and it's always great to start out on a positive note with great clients. You and your wife were very welcoming and easy to work with. Enjoy your summer!
Orazio

Parking pad and patio

Did an excellent job replacing a cracked section of my patio, and extending my driveway parking area, all in exposed aggregate. Great experience from quote right through to final cleanup. Thank you!

Thanks for taking the time to provide a review! You have a beautiful home, in a wonderful setting, and it was really a pleasure to be there. Glad we had the opportunity to make it better.

Renee in Calgary
Renee in Calgary

A job well done

We hired Toro Concrete to remove and replace our front step. Orazio and his crew are extremely professional, involved both my husband and I in any trouble-shooting decisions, made recommendations to improve our project and completed the job in a timely fashion. I was extremely happy with the outcome of our project! Orazio was also very responsive to any e-mails or phone calls regarding the quote or questions that we had. Very pleased with this service.

Thank you, Renee (in Calgary - not sure why Homestars inserts Toronto). You have a lovely home and it was a pleasure to add to its appeal with new concrete. We enjoyed working with you and your husband to ensure you would both be happy with the outcome, and we appreciate your patience in waiting for us to get there as this has been a very busy year. Stay well!
Orazio

Bev R.
Bev R.

Exposed concrete pathway

This is the second project Orazio has completed for me and I am very happy with the final result. The project was completed quickly and professionally. I have received so many positive comments from my neighbors!

Bev, we were very happy to come back and complete another project for you! Thank you so much for having us back, and for also referring us to your neighbour - it was nice to have two projects side by side! Take care and stay well!

Walkways

Orazio was true to his word and took great care to build safe and beautiful walkways for my elderly parents. He made thoughtful recommendations and didn’t pressure me to make a decision. His knowledge and experience instilled great confidence and the walkways turned out better than expected. I will definitely keep him in mind for future projects. Thank you again Orazio!

Thank you for your review! We know you were concerned about ensuring your parents' safety and are very happy to have had the opportunity to help. Your positive feedback throughout the project was greatly appreciated. Take care, stay well!

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Front sidewalk from driveway to gate and sidewalk along side of house to deck in regular broom finish concrete

Orazio and his staff came and prepped the site, worked hard and finished the job in two days. Cleaned up after themselves. They were a pleasure to deal with too.
The finished product was a very professionally finished sidewalk that looks very good and estestically pleasing.
We would highly recommend Toro Concrete and construction.

Thank you so much for your review! Both you and your wife were very kind and thoughtful throughout the project. We pride ourselves on leaving the job site as good, or better, than when we arrived. And thank you for the referrals - they are greatly appreciated. Take care and stay well!

More about Tora Concrete And Construction

Tora Concrete Ltd. was founded in Calgary in 1989, and is still owned and operated by the original founder. The company has developed a reputation for excellent service and workmanship – adding beauty and increasing the value of many homes and businesses in the Calgary area over the past two decades.

Tora specializes in decorative finishes such as exposed aggregate concrete, stamped or decorative concrete, and broom-finished concrete – all in a wide range of colours. We work with the best suppliers and skilled craftsmen to create sidewalks, patios, driveways, steps and other concrete projects that reflect your style and vision, and complement your home or business.