Tora Concrete And Construction

Reviews for Tora Concrete And Construction

HomeStars in Calgary
HomeStars in Calgary

Main walkway replacement

I asked few contractors for estimates regarding a job that required removal of old pavement stones and replace it with a pour concrete walkway. Tora Concrete& Construction, namely Orazio was very quick in responding and giving detailed estimate when required. His estimated was clear and detailed on the job description for that price. The other Contractors, that responded provided a very draft estimate, which made me believe price at the end of the job might be different. After my acceptance of the estimate, Orazio came and visited the future work site, measured the premises, clarified the details of my wishes, gave me his opinion so we agree that he understood my requirement. The proper contract with all details was send with the final price, which was in the 5% range of the initial estimate.
Within two weeks of our agreement, the team came to start the work. They are very knowledge and prompt with their work. They politely respond to all our questions and provided feed back with solution to any concerns. They tried their best to be careful with the property and boundaries, and minimize the damages during their work. Orazio is also working with knowledgeable subcontractors (i.e dirt digging, gravel and soil delivery, cement manufacturer).
Very attentive at detail so the final aspect of the cement is high quality. Defiantly I recommend Tora Concert &Construction for a quality job done in timely manner.

Thank you for taking the time to write such a complimentary review and for noticing the care we put into our work (unfortunately, not everyone does). From our very first meeting, I knew I wanted to do your project. You were both clear about what you needed and listened to my suggestions. You treated both me and my crew with respect throughout the project. You're right, we work with some great subcontractors and I will pass your comments on to them. I am so glad you are happy with the work and hope you enjoy the rest of your summer!

Brian D in Calgary
Brian D in Calgary

Sidewalk replacement

Tora Concrete was very quick to provide me with a quote for sidewalk replacement. Orazio made a couple of suggestions when he came to assess the job that made the results better. Once the job started they were professional and efficient. We are very pleased with the results and would recommend Tora Concrete and Orazio to anyone with a concrete project.

Thank you, Brian, for your review. I'm so happy that you were pleased with the results, and it was truly a pleasure working with you both. Enjoy the rest of your summer!

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Replacement of Front Steps and Walkway

Orazio and his Crew did a great job replacing our front step and front walk. When we bought the house a mere 11 years ago little did we know that we had purchased a Thincrete encrusted plywood box covered in slate tiles as a front step. It was both slippery and about to fall apart. Orazio ripped out someone else’s laziness and replaced it with a sealed exposed aggregate front step and front walk. The price was reasonable for the work done and I would recommend him highly.

Thank you so much for your review. I really appreciate the time and effort you put into describing the project. Enjoy the rest of your summer.

Austin in Toronto
Austin in Toronto

Concrete Patio

Exposed aggregate patio looks great!

Orazio, and Tora Concrete, were very professional and excellent to work with. Their communication skills were excellent, they kept us in the loop with their schedule, walked us through all of our options and provided professional advice, and were proactive and responsive to all of our telephone and email communication.

The workmanship was also excellent. As soon as the job started, from site prep, they did not leave until after the patio was poured. Their finishing also looks great. They were also very tidy and cleaned up as they worked, which was very important for us.

Overall, they did a great job and would recommend them to anyone.

Thank you for your thoughtful review, Austin. We do our best to meet (and hopefully exceed) customer expectations but some make it easier than others - and you did. I greatly appreciate when our efforts are acknowledged. I hope we finally get some great weather so you can enjoy your patio this summer. Stay well - and thanks again!

Doug in Calgary
Doug in Calgary

Aggregate concrete Sidewalks

We chose Tora Concrete after seeing the sidewalks they completed at two of neighbours homes. The quality of the work and the time it took to complete the job was excellent.

So glad you chose us, Doug. I'm happy you are happy with the work. It was truly a pleasure working with you and completing your project.

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Driveway replacement

Ortazio and his crew replaced a 25-year old large concrete driveway at my residence that had problems with the original pour. He responded quickly to my request for a quotation, and his crew removed the old driveway on Wednesday, did the forming on Thursday, and scheduled the concrete pour for Friday. Because of the questionable weather forecast on Friday AM, he rescheduled the our to Tuesday - a good choice as it turned out, as after a rainy weekend, the weather since has been ideal, The concrete trucks and pumper unit arrived as promised on Tuesday morning, and the pour was completed, Now, we're just waiting for him to return to remove the forms. I have nothing but good things to say about Ortazio, his crew, and his workmanship. Well done!

Thank you for the review, Rob. I looked forward to completing your project from our very first meeting. Both you and your wife made us feel welcome and I appreciated the absolute faith you had in us. As a result, I did my utmost to ensure the best outcome in light of the unpredictable weather. Stay well, and have a wonderful summer.

Jvpoole in Calgary
Jvpoole in Calgary

Aggregate Concrete Stairs, Walkway and Patio

Orazio and his team were excellent to work with and did a fantastic job on our stairs, front patio, walkway and back patio. Tora concrete was recommended by our neighbours and we quickly found out they had done many projects in our neighbourhood. Orazio was very quick to get us a quote and got the job complete in good time even with the changing weather. He is an experienced professional that takes his time to explain and give you options.

We would recommend them to anyone. Thanks for the great work.

Thanks for taking the time to provide us with a review. This can be a tough business but what keeps us inspired and motivated is working with clients like you who appreciate what we do. I've met some great people in your neighbourhood and look forward to completing more projects there. Take care and have a happy summer!

Pete in Toronto
Pete in Toronto

Exposed Aggregate

Orazio and his crew take great pride in their work and it shows. They did a fantastic job on my walkways and left the site clean when they were done. I only with my home builder had used Tora when he built the place!

Hi Pete (in Calgary ;) Thanks for taking the time to provide us with a review. We wish more builders would use quality concrete contractors too! It was great working with you and we hope you have a healthy, happy summer.

Richard Haley from Calgary
Richard Haley from Calgary

Backyard Slab Addition

We had a really small concrete job, less than 100 sq ft. We reached out to a handful of contractors and most of which wouldn’t even take the time to get back to us. Orazio came and gave us a quote for the small section which was competitive compared to another contractor. Orazio also made sure to tell me the potential risks of doing such a small job tired into existing 25yr old concrete. Orazio and one of his crew members showed up this afternoon earlier than discussed because of a change in schedule and got to work immediately. They did a fantastic job, they took their time and were perfectionists making sure the finished look was on par. I’d easily hire them again and recommend them to others.

Thank you for the review, Richard. It was really a pleasure working with you guys and that makes all the difference in this business.

We try to stay competitive despite less-experienced contractors driving down prices, and we do our best to get back to everyone in a timely manner. While we don't judge a project based on size, we do have a minimum charge for small projects due to the minimum charged by our concrete supplier, our business overhead, and the fact that we still need to get equipment, tools and manpower to the job site. I really appreciate that you understood that.

Stay well, and enjoy the rest of your summer!

James in Calgary
James in Calgary

Removal of existing cracked and heaved sidewalk and replacement with new sidewalk and steps.

My existing sidewalk was cracked in several places. Over the years tree roots had caused certain sections of the sidewalk segments to move up several inches and this became a tripping hazard. Tora Concrete removed the existing sidewalk to the front of the house and along the side door. A few tree roots needed to be cut through as well. The forms were accurately put in place and rebar was used in the sidewalk and placed in the house cement wall to keep the sidewalk along the house from subsiding. The cement sidewalk was sloped at the front of the house so the water will run onto the lawn. The cement was also slightly sloped on the north side of the house near the back door so water would drain onto the ground. The work was done very accurately and I was very pleased with the finished sidewalk. Communication from Tora was very good on timing and they followed the customer requests. The cement work was completed when the weather was warm, as there was intermittent snow and rain during this time period. Overall, I was very pleased with the job and would recommend Tora Concrete Ltd. to others.

James, I greatly appreciate the time you took to describe the project, and for your astute observations. We do our best to ensure accurate and timely work despite a short season, unpredictable weather conditions and a shortage of skilled concrete workers. I enjoyed our conversations and am always so grateful for customers like you who are trusting and welcoming. Thank you.

More about Tora Concrete And Construction

Tora Concrete Ltd. was founded in Calgary in 1989, and is still owned and operated by the original founder. The company has developed a reputation for excellent service and workmanship – adding beauty and increasing the value of many homes and businesses in the Calgary area over the past two decades.

Tora specializes in decorative finishes such as exposed aggregate concrete, stamped or decorative concrete, and broom-finished concrete – all in a wide range of colours. We work with the best suppliers and skilled craftsmen to create sidewalks, patios, driveways, steps and other concrete projects that reflect your style and vision, and complement your home or business.