Canadian General Contractors

Reviews for Canadian General Contractors

Robert in Old Toronto
Robert in Old Toronto

89 Wembley Drive

Steve..This is Robert Thoms.. i have been calling and leaving messages since august 1st.. 2018, your tools are still sitting in my basement and i would appreciate you coming and picking them up.. Thanks. enjoy the weekend.

Darlene Ahearn in Scarborough
Darlene Ahearn in Scarborough

New Roof

The staff from Canadian General Contractors were patient with me explaining the process and answered all my questions. They were punctual, performed the job on a timely basis and were reasonable. They also cleaned up good after they completed the job and also
trimmed cedar trees that were growing up on to the roof.

They sent me a video showing me each step oThankf the work they did on the roof. They also told me to contact them any time if there are any problems with the roof and they will fix it. Now that's good customer service! Thank

M in East York
M in East York
3 reviews East York, ON

Roofing Replacement

UPDATE 30 May 2011 ---> Steve H came back in April to replace the flashing on the back of the house. At this time he also offered to pay for materials to replace the ceiling in this part of the house as well. Today, Steve has come through with his word on materials. Cheers Steve!

It was the hottest time on the summer (beginning of July). The guys always showed up late instead of taking advantage of the cooler mornings and then complain about working in the heat. They were sloppy. I still have large nails in the side of my house and a hole in the metal soffit where they would either nail in a tarp or hang their shirts/towels. Initially we all thought the back roof would need all the boards to be replaced. This was not the case but was still done b/c it was agreed that it would "most likely" need to be. The new boards were not fitted to the edge of roof neatly and there are not big gaps that I have to close up. When ripping up the boards on the front porch roof, the guys didn't notice they busted a support beam. To keep them working, my partner and I fixed this before they arrived the next day. The flashing on the lower roof attached to the house was re-used. It should have been replaced. It was basically swiss cheese. A few months later there was a rain storm and water came into the house. I called Steve to tell him about it as "Workmanship is Guaranteed for 5 Years". When he finally returned my phone call he was not very nice about what I had to tell him and didn't even come to take a look. I ended up getting some roofing glue/caulk from home depot and filled in all the holes myself. ALL these guys are usually very nice and polite. I was shocked to say the least.
I don't like confrontation and should take these guys to small claims court but I'm not like that. I should be.

Review has 1 previous version
Looking for Roofing pros in Scarborough Junction?