HomeStars  >  Builders in Calgary  >  Trico Homes Inc

Reviews for Trico Homes Inc

A & W in Calgary
A & W in Calgary

New Home - Cranston's Riverstone

We have been very pleased with the level of service we have received during our building process. Sharon and Carmen were absolutely amazing to work with. Carmen did a great job keeping us informed of the progress, and kept in touch with us to ensure that everything was working well and that we had no areas of concern. The whole process was a very positive experience for us.

Thank you for taking the time to write a Homestars Review. We often receive positive comments are Sharon and Carmen who are dedicated to delivering an exceptional customer service experience. We want to continue to provide that level of service so please contact the warranty department at anytime. Nicole Walker, Customer Relations Manager

Quick possession home

We had a great experience working with Trico homes.. We bought a quick possession home from them and they helped us design the interior. Their sales team are excellent especially Taylor who worked very closely with us to accommodate our needs. She was readily available to answer any questions and concerns and give advice. This was our first time purchasing a home and she made the whole buying process very easy and straightforward. The service and warranty department were very helpful when we moved in and dealt with any issues right away.
I would definitely recommend Trico and would buy from them again.

Thank you for taking the time to write a Homestars review. It's great to read your positive comments about Taylor and our warranty department. Thank you for recommending Trico Homes to your friends and family. Please do not hesitate to contact the warranty department at anytime. Nicole Walker, Customer Relations Manager

Charlene.S. in Calgary
Charlene.S. in Calgary

Riverstone

Our sales manager, Carmen De Luca, made building our dream home in Cranston’s Riverstone a positive and exciting experience. She is enthusiastic and does her job with integrity. She responded to any questions or concerns immediately and kept us informed throughout the entire building process. I would highly recommend working with her and her team if you’re thinking about building in Riverstone!

Thank you Charlene for your positive comments about Carmen! She is an outstanding sales person and we often receive positive feedback regarding her customer service, communication and enthusiasm. Please do not hesitate to contact the warranty department at anytime. Nicole Walker, Customer Relations Manager

Ly in Calgary
Ly in Calgary

New Home in Evanston NW Calgary

This review is for the first year of home ownership and it is a bad experience ever.
- Firstly, one month before possession, we could not reach the sale manager Ryan C. to address our concerns at that time. Trico did not inform us that he quit, we had to find out by asking around after we feel like we get abandoned.
- It happened again with another staff, Kelsea K., Service & Warranty Coordinator. She took care of all our warranty claim for almost a year then she quit without informing us and making us waiting forever for her response about 10-month visit. I had just found out until Daren B., senior warranty service technician, came to our house to perform 10-month visit and let us know.
- Trico failed to think about safety of their customer. They should run downspout under sidewalk. Our downspout just run across the sidewalk, so it is easy to slip and trip. Needless to say, water (and ice) flows across the sidewalk creating a safety hazard. The final blueprint did not show how downspouts run so we did not know about this when we sign it off. No one inform us about this issue. If we knew that Trico cheap out on this, we would have offered to pay more to put a drain under the sidewalk. It need a lot a work and money now if we want to cut the concrete to fix. The house next door is built with another builder with same elevation with us, and they run a drain under sidewalk, it has a cleaner look and safer. Just a small detail can tell if a builder cares for you or just want to get the job done as cheap as possible. Please find attached photos.
- Trico Homes uses this company, Rolling Mix Ltd., poured our garage pad and I can tell that they did a bad job. We take possession on August 2017 and we strictly followed their "Preserving your Concrete" instruction that we were given at time of possession. After 3 months the garage slab started peeling off easily. It never happened on my previous houses, even with a 15 years old house. It is clearly contractor’s lousy job but Trico still said that they will do nothing for us and refused to take responsibility about Trico's poor workmanship. We are the first one taking possession on the street, so we decide to watch how the other houses were building around us. And we can tell that Trico's trade is one of the worst at pouring concrete. I wonder if Trico choose the cheapest concrete contractor to save their cost or they just do not care about their customer. Instead of asking their trade fix up their bad quality concrete, Trico just treat customer like a fooler. This is unacceptable and unprofessional.
- Since possession day, I had to contact Trico several times to come fix things. I understand that is normal to have defectives around your house because many trades involve in building a house.
- Hot water tank failed three times in the winter, the service guy just said he did not know what make it stop working, he just HOPE it will not happen again and they are still not going to replace it for us.

Typing all above problems made our blood boil. Still more horrible story happened before and after we take possession that we will update when we stay calmer and have more time to type.
To be fair, Gary S. site supervisor, and Daren B., senior warranty service technician, are very nice. They help Trico gain 1 star from my review.

Thank Ly for your feedback. Trico takes this type of feedback very seriously and it does not go unnoticed. I would like to speak with you to discuss each and every item of concern. We value your business and want to work with you to resolve any questions or concerns you may have. If you could please contact me at 403-287-9300 that would be great. Nicole Walker, Customer Relations Manager

Brett in Calgary
Brett in Calgary

Trico Home in Riverstone

We decided to jump at an opportunity to build a new home in SE Calgary in Riverstone after visiting with Sharon Csabonas and Carmen De Luca to learn about Trico homes and the area. In short order it became apparent that the helpful and friendly demeanours we encountered were backed up by a high degree of passion, and professionalism that was demonstrated throughout our entire selection, building, and possession process. This is the second home that we have built and found that Trico was responsive and very helpful throughout - from the designed centre to the warranty and construction teams. I'm happy to recommend Trico to any who are looking for a quality home backed by a focused and passionate team.

Thank you Brett for taking the time to write a Homestars Review. Riverstone is such a beautiful community. I love how close it is to the river and how you drive down into the valley. I agree that Sharon and Carmen have a high degree of passion, professionalism and are committed throughout the whole process. We hear these comments often. It's great to hear that you were happy with the design studio, warranty and construction. They are also committed to delivering exceptional customer service. Thank you for recommending Trico Homes! Please do not hesitate to contact the warranty department at anytime. Nicole Walker, Customer Relations Manager

Christine in Quesnel
Christine in Quesnel
1 review Quesnel, BC

Project

Oh I'm so happy that I and my family decided to build our dream home with Trico builders in Evanston. It was an amazing experience for us from the beginning to the end, and I will like to thank Erin, Kristy, and Troy who are always there to listen and to answer all our questions. Thank you for all the weekly updates and your prompt responses to my emails.
Our new home is so so beautiful and we are always looking forward going back home on every single day.
This wouldn't have been possible without you guys.

Thank you Christine for this review! Evanston is a beautiful community that we are very proud to be a part of. I'm so happy to hear you had an "amazing" experience and that your home is beautiful. Yes, Erin, Kristy and Troy are there to answer any and all your questions. We want to continue to provide you with this type of service, so please do not hesitate to contact the warranty department at anytime. Nicole Walker, Customer Relations Manager

Gayle in Beaumont
Gayle in Beaumont
1 review Beaumont, AB

Home purchase

This was my first home purchase and everything went very fast and smoothly for the most part. Both sales reps in the office were very approachable and helpful. I took possession the next month. Possession day went fairly smoothly, most of my emediate concerns were fixed within the hour. The part that I had issues with was when I was told that even though three out of four blinds in my house were inoperative and the floor trims were worn, non of those would be fixed because the house was suppose to be sold “as is” because it was a show unit. Even though non of that was disclosed to be prior. Infact my sales person had previously said that the house would be reconditioned to new. After a conversation with my lawyers and confirmed that is should NOT be given to me as is. My sales person called me and promised that all my concerns would be addressed. From there on all the sublets were booked and completed repairs promptly. However I am still waiting to hear back about the floor trims. Overall everything went pretty fast, dispite the small glitch, I’m happy they rectified their mistakes.

Thank you Gayle for taking the time to write a Homestars Review. It sounds like you purchased one of our beautiful showhomes. It's great to hear that the process moved smoothly and we were able to move you the next month. We apologize for the confusion regarding the repairs. At the time, I personally got involved in this matter and worked with sales, construction and warranty to address those issues. Thank you for your patience. We looked into the flooring issue you mentioned above and I would ask that you contact Theresa St. Germain in the warranty department to discuss further (403-287-9300). Thank you for purchasing a Trico Home and we look forward to working with you during the warranty period. Nicole Walker, Customer Relations Manager

Mregister  in Calgary
Mregister in Calgary

Buyer Beware!

Hello, my husband and I attempted to purchase a new trico home over 1 month ago. My husbands credit isn’t the greatest but we were assured by our mortgage broker that he could pull through for us. We were so excited when we found this Tric home and decided to put a CONDITIONAL offer on it which we did. We gave our deposit to the company and signed our conditional contract, Justin assured us that nothing gets cashed until everything is finalized and with that we felt safe. Boy was I wrong. 3 days later we found out that we couldn’t only get approved for the mortgage with a co-signer, and with few oppotutnities for this our deal fell through, 3 days later we notified them of this our hearts were broken. We have now been waiting for 5 weeks for the return of our thousand dollar deposit and have been getting story after story as to why we haven’t gotten it back yet. For a company that makes so much to not be able to return a refundable deposit that wasn’t supposed to be cashed they sure are making it difficult for us to receive ours. By law it is my right to get my money back and Trico as well as Justin don’t seem to be in any hurry to return our 1000$ which for me is everything and to a big company like them is nothing..... but obviously they don’t care about their consumer. 5 weeks later and still nothing, I would highly recommend staying away from this builder as they are dishonest and take your 1000$ deposit and you will never get it back if something goes wrong in the conditional phase, just like us it seems. I’m very disappointed.

Trico Homes takes this type of feedback very seriously. Immediately after reading your post I looked into the matter and can confirm a cheque was couriered to your home yesterday. I can confirm that as part of the contract and process, if an offer is written the deposit cheque is cashed. I'm so sorry to hear the deal fell through and that you were unable to purchase a Trico home. We definitely care about all consumers and recognize that the return of your deposit is very important to you. I looked into the process and the return of the deposit does have to go through a procedure of filling out paper work, management approvals and submitting to our accounting department. This takes time, however, I understand this process can be shortened and done in a more timely manner. I will speak further to our sales and accounting departments to ensure this does not happen in the future. I want to assure you that Trico is a very honest company and and the "T" in Trico stands for "Trust". Please accept my sincere apology and I hope that if in the future you are looking to purchase a home you will give us another opportunity to gain your trust back. Please do not hesitate to contact me at anytime. Nicole Walker, Customer Relations Manager.

Dumar in Toronto
Dumar in Toronto

Trico Homes - Evanston

I just bought my second house from Trico, that should say it all. I got my first house 12 years ago in the same neighborhood of Evanston and we just got our new house a month ago, also in Evanston. I owned our first house for more than 11 years and it was amazing, so when we decided to look for an upgrade it was a no brainer to go with Trico once again, and we are so happy to have done so. Trico's sales team in Evanston did an excellent work answering all our questions, requests, desires, etc. Erin and Kristy showed us different show homes and styles that helped us to select the right house. Their suggestions, knowledge and care for details were really valuable for us, not to mention how friendly and nice to work with they both are. Thanks for everything ladies, cheers..!

Noreto Bisares in Calgary
Noreto Bisares in Calgary

Trico New Homes in Redstone

We want to take this opportunity to thank TRICO Homes Inc. and all its staff who helped us in building our dream house.
The process was so smooth from the time we decided to build our house with them until the possession date. We salute our Sales Manager,
MR. Justine Rampersad, who assisted us throughout the entire construction. He is very professional, very approachable and has excellent customer service. He always update us on the progress of the construction.
The house that was built for us was far beyond our expectations. It was made the way we wanted. It was constructed so beautiful. Moreover, it was handed to us in the time we were told so. We are so happy we choose the right builder.
Thank you TRICO HOMES INC., more power and God bless.

Nory and Venus

Thank you Noreto for this amazing review! Wow! I really enjoyed reading it and give Justin and the team a big "Thank You" for making your experience so positive. It's so important that you are updated throughout the whole process because we understand the huge investment you are making. Thank you for choosing Trico Homes. Please do not hesitate to contact the warranty department at anytime. Nicole Walker, Customer Relations Manager

More about Trico Homes Inc

Homestars Profile

Since 1992, Trico Homes has built new single and multi-family homes, offering a diverse selection of starter, move-up and semi-estate homes in Calgary, Cochrane and Airdrie. Whether you're looking for a quick possession or something more personalized, Trico’s team of dedicated staff will ensure you’ll find the perfect house to call home.

Over the past 25 years, Trico Homes has built a well-established reputation and is recognized as one of Calgary's top residential builders. With a history of innovation, integrity and community support, we're proud to have built over 9,000 single and multi-family homes. Trico has received numerous accolades, including a Platinum member as one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies, Canada’s Best Workplaces, Canada’s Best Workplaces for Women, a SAM award and a CHBA Excellence in Housing award. As a B Corporation, the company has also received a B Corp Best for the World award and a Trailblazer award.

At Trico, We start every single day with one goal in mind; to deliver incredible life-changing moments. We know Calgarians have choices when buying a home. That’s why we’ve built a company that builds so much more than quality houses.

We’ve built culture. It’s in our DNA. Pride, passion and commitment to deliver on our promises to not only our homeowners, but to one another. It resonates in everything we do, and every single Trico employee lives and breathes our core values.

We’ve built a reputation of trust and integrity by not only treating every client and employee like family, but by giving back to our community; we truly believe in not just doing well, but doing good.

And yes, we’ve built some of the best houses in Calgary along the way by never being complacent, and by engaging in strategies and processes that ensure continuous growth and improvements in design, quality and functionality.

We’re committed to our industry and our city. We want to make our mark. To become a legacy company. We do more than develop quality homes. We help develop the place we call home.

Trico Homes. The Heart of Homebuilding.®

New Home Builder, New Homes, Condos, Townhomes,
Single-Family Homes, Multi-Family Homes, Apartments, New Condo Projects, New Condo Development, New Communities.

North West Communities