Trico Homes Inc

Giving Back Award winner 2 timesGiving Back Awardwinner 2 times

Reviews for Trico Homes Inc

Private User reviews Cochrane, AB

The absolute worst experience

We have had the worst experience and it has given us total anxiety for a few years now. If you plan on purchasing a home in the higher range - do not go with this builder. We have dealt with the worst kind of people that will smile in your face knowing you are getting screwed, all while they are making money for what feels just like a money hungry corporation. We upgraded our home a lot, which is our fault, because now we are dealing with poor workmanship and after our 1 year warranty, it all falls on us. Even during the 1 year warranty, it was a total fight for every little thing. When they are in the wrong, they won't admit it and still blame you. A lot people that are happy with their homes either have no idea what to look for regarding the workmanship or they just haven't discovered yet all the issues they are going to have. These homes will last 10 years tops before needing major repairs, if you are lucky. We have had ever kind of issue you can imagine. The houses are put up fast, they have a system and that works for them due to this dumb warranty and they walk away winning. The warranty only works for the builders, not the home owners, no matter how much they say it's fair - It's not. We have lived in this home under 3 years and are already having to look for land to build a forever home (which this was supposed to be) and do it right and get out of this house that's literally falling apart. Save yourself the headaches and disappointment.

Trico Homes takes all feedback very seriously. I can assure you that Trico is a very reputable building and we strive very hard to provide our customers with a home that has high quality and standards. The warranty is set by the Government of Alberta and all builders must adhere to those warranty guidelines. At no time do we want to blame our customers for anything that falls under the warranty. I would be happy to speak with you regarding your concerns, please contact me at 403-287-9300. Nicole Walker, Customer Relations Manager

Basement development

Excellent additional Service. I bought a new house from them and I decided to develope the basement. The service was professional and has a warranty similar to the house. I truly recommend Trico.

New home

They actually deliver what they show. Best house designs and amazing/helping team to give responsibility of your new home. Very good upgrade options and after sale service.
Raj(area manager) thank you for understanding our needs and providing us our amazing first new home.

Great Experience so far

It has been really great experience so far. We moved into our first home a year ago and have been loving our time here ever since. Any concerns or issues reported are taken very seriously. Regular inspections are really appreciated as well. I would recommend Trico Holmes to anyone looking.

Calgaryimport
Calgaryimport

Do not buy a Trico home unless you are looking to fight for everything

My experience with Trico started out very well during the sale process. I honestly thought that this would be an amazing experience based on the reviews I have seen and my experience with sales but, everything changed when I took possession. I learned that a lot of the "promises" or more expectations that were set during the sales process were really just telling me what I wanted to hear which, was strange given I had already completed paperwork. Many of the things I was promised would be done when I moved from out of province took over a year to complete.

My experience with Trico since then is that they have garbage after sale and service and either look to blame you for everything or try to find ways out of honouring their warranty. Every answer is that the issue is standard. Totally normal that your floors all squeak and bounce after less than a year. Completely normal to completely miss the floor joists when installing subfloor, all concrete cracks and unless you have the grand canyon, it's normal. Kitchen cabinets, garbage. Guess I have to live with that though since the cabinet company went bankrupt. It's totally normal for your windows to only stay closed when they are locked. In case my sarcasm is lost, none of this is normal.

To add insult to injury, I very nearly ended up in court with this company because they screwed up with their drafting and didn't want to take ownership of their mistake.

As a future buyer, I would be VERY skeptical about all the positive reviews you are reading since every neighbour in this area (save for 1) that I have spoken to who bought Trico has had issues, poor service and has regretted the decision.

If you want to know what your service with Trico will be like, just read their response to their negative reviews. Remember, this is what they are willing to write publically. Imagine what it is like to deal with them when what they say is not memorialized in writing.

Final comment. I am two years into my new home and I would give anything to go back and make a different builder decision.

Trico Homes takes this type of feedback very seriously. I'm sorry to hear you have these concerns and I will look into them immediately. I want to assure you that all the reviews on the Homestars review site are customers who Trico has built a home for. I understand you are disappointed with your experience and I will certainly find out more information and email you. Thank you for your patience. In the meantime, please feel free to contact me. Nicole Walker, Customer Relations Manager

B in Cochrane
B in Cochrane
2 reviews Cochrane, AB

Incompetent Warranty Dept.

We had a great relationship until my first experience with warranty. There was a temporary 2x6 column poured into the basement floor. Warranty insisted it was structural even though it was 22" from steel column. 2nd experience was with grading. Work was great but material supplied was garbage. Removed 4" thick asphalt, a no excavating sign & rocks as big as your head. Zero organics in the rubble. Warranty insists its loam even though field staff contradict this

Trico takes all feedback very seriously. In looking into this further, the warranty department is fully committed to addressing any concerns. I have reached out and have been in contact with you. Thank you for your patience. Nicole Walker, Customer Relations Manager

Ashish
Ashish

Verona

Great experience with Verona !!! Very nice structure as per requirements. From booking home to posession and then 3 months checking...really well managed Builder !
Verona homes...nice area, really good community for young family !

Thank you for taking the time to write a Homestars review! Verona is a beautiful community and it's great to hear that all things were managed well by Trico. Please do not hesitate to contact the warranty department at anytime. Nicole Walker, Customer Relations Manager

Pratibha and Sandeep
Pratibha and Sandeep

Dream home

Trico designed a one off concept to our needs as a family. The process was smooth and easy from the start to finish in a timely period. Their team in Redstone is quite good especially Justin. He was always there for us to help. We are delighted with the house and would definitely recommend Trico Homes to anyone considering a house.

Thank you Pratibha & Sandeep for taking the time to write a Homestars review. I'm so happy to read your feedback and that you felt the process was smooth and easy from start to finish. Redstone is a lovely community and Justin does a great job of delivering exceptional customer service. Thank you for recommending Trico Homes. Please do not hesitate to contact the warranty department at anytime. Nicole Walker, Customer Relations Manager

New build - Verona Townhomes

Very professional and friendly team of George and Michael helped us out throughout the whole purchase process. Being the first time homeowners we felt very comfortable working with them as they guided us through the whole process and told us of the steps that we need to take at every stage. George was always just a phone call away and he was always eager to reply to our numerous queries. We were given regular updates throughout the building process.

Thank you for taking the time to write a Homestars review. George and Michael are very professional and are always there to help our customers through the process. When purchasing a home for the first time we understand there are many questions. Trico recognize that and are always just a phone call away as you noted. Thank you for purchasing a Trico home. Please do not hesitate to contact the warranty department at anytime. Nicole Walker, Customer Relations Manager

New Home with Trico

This is our second New Home Build and we can definitely say that this Trico home-building experience is much better than that of our first home (with another builder). We were impressed with the knowledge and professionalism displayed by the Sales Team (Greg and Reed). During the process, we were able to easily make some desired changes to the design of our home and are very happy with it. Sarah at the Design Center was amazing: so accommodating and helpful during the design selection process. We received great service throughout the building process from all the Trico teams - sales, design, site supervision, walk-through, warranty.
We highly recommended Trico Homes. Great work!

Thank you for taking the time to write a Homestars review! It's great to hear that you are happy with the experience and impressed with the knowledge and professionalism of our team. Sarah is the Design studio is amazing. She's been with Trico for several years and has such an eye for colors and design. Thank you for recommending Trico Homes. Please do not hesitate to contact the warranty department at anytime. Nicole Walker, Customer Relations Manager

More about Trico Homes Inc

Since 1992, Trico Homes has built new single and multi-family homes, offering a diverse selection of starter, move-up and semi-estate homes in Calgary, Airdrie, Chestermere, Cochrane and Okotoks. Whether you're looking for a quick possession or something more personalized, Trico’s team of dedicated staff will ensure you’ll find the perfect house to call home.

At Trico, we start every single day with one goal in mind; to deliver incredible life-changing moments. We know Calgarians have choices when buying a home. That’s why we’ve built a company that builds so much more than quality houses.

In the many years since Trico built our first home, our city has grown and so has our love for it. Along the way, we’ve become one of Calgary’s top builders - building over 10,000 single and multi-family homes and earning a reputation for our design, craftsmanship and customer care. Trico has received numerous accolades, including a Platinum member status as one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies, Canada’s Best Workplaces, Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers, and a CHBA Excellence in Housing award. We are also proud to be Western Canada’s first and only homebuilder to become a certified B Corporation.

We’re committed to our industry and our city. We want to make our mark. To become a legacy company. We do more than develop quality homes. We help develop the place we call home.

Trico Homes. The Heart of Homebuilding.®

New Home Builder, New Homes, Condos, Townhomes,
Single-Family Homes, Multi-Family Homes, Apartments, New Condo Projects, New Condo Development, New Communities.

North West Communities