Dear future Greene Homes Buyer,
I thought I would share my experience in the hopes to give you a heads up or save you a lot of time, hassle and frustration. I purchased my Greene home in the north end of Cat Woods January 2015 – area is still being developed as of November 2017. The buying process was a dream, the nightmare started when we started trying to get the poor workmanship corrected. We had many phone calls/emails and contractor no shows. My home has two fulltime workers and we would have to rearrange our schedules for contactors to not show up or need to come back to complete the job. We have dealt with individuals that did not seem to have a customer service model in mind for the people that just gave them over $400,000 for a home. Below I have listed the items that have/have not been addressed over the last 22 months. These items are the ones I came up with off the top of my head so I am sure I am missing some. Something I should point out is Greene Homes expects someone to be at the house to ensure that THEIR CONTACTORS do a proper job. Too bad the accountably could not be the builder and perhaps more time and effort could take place as the house was being built…that would be nice.
- Counters damage – contactor came 3 plus times
- Cabinets damage – contactor came 2 times possibly more I actually do not recall now
- Flooring uneven – contactor came 2 times
- Plumbing – drains did not hold water and had to fix toilet
- Electrical – plug in bathroom stopped working
- Leak in a basement from piping from the ceiling
- A/C – incorrectly installed and another visit b/c it stopped working and froze in the middle of summer
- Gutters/downspouts – did not draining correct and one downspout was poorly installed multiple visits for that one
- Siding – popped out a few time – 2 or 3 visits from contractor
- Parging – house less than 2 years old….cracks within short period, “fixed” cracks back within less than a couple months and “fixed” again. Quick job and told not under warranty b/c it’s cosmetic. As a home owner that invested over $400,000 I think I want it to look nice longer than a few months!
- Paint – horrible job but did correct and do a better job at one year inspection.
- Drywall – horrible job also corrected at the one year inspection
- Waterline for fridge was paid for as an extra. Did not put finishing tip to connect to fridge which ended up costing me more money to have the job completed