PC Service On Site

HomeStars  >  Computer Repairs and Support in Barrie  >  PC Service On Site

Reviews for PC Service On Site

Lucille Necas in Toronto
Lucille Necas in Toronto

Purchase and set up of a new computer

Recently I had Pete, the owner of PC Service On Site, find me a new computer based on my specifications and then set it up.

The service was great in that I got the computer I wanted for a reasonable price and at a valuable saving of my time and energy.

In attempting to transfer data from my old computer, he noted that the speed was excessively slow and I was being gouged on monthly fees. He got on the phone with me to Bell and helped me try to negotiate an upgrade for the modem and a lower monthly charge. Bell being Bell, there ensued 2 weeks of screw-ups for a service change that should have been straightforward. Throughout it all, Pete was very supportive.

After I finally got the new modem installed, Pete came back and had the new computer up and running quite quickly. He walked me through everything I needed to know. I appreciated his expertise and patience in educating me, not to mention his sense of humour. And he didn't charge me for the return visit.

I've used Pete's company on a number of occasions and will continue to do so. I highly recommend it.

Dr. Lucille Necas

thank you Lucille for taking the time to share this story. sometimes it can be a journey and we were happy to be with you every step of the way. especially navigating Bell bureaucracy

JH in Pickering
JH in Pickering

PC help at home

I thought my home computer was finished and was prepared to have to buy another. Peter from PC Service on Site came to my home to investigate. He hooked up a different monitor but my computer still wouldn't display anything so he took it away for further work. Peter said he might have to copy my hard drive and reinstall my operating system and files to see if that would resolve the issue but discovered that my computer was caught in a loop trying to do updates.

Peter fixed my problem quickly and at the lowest cost to me. He also removed malware and helped me to download a better virus and firewall security system. Peter could have just done all the other work and made more money, but he was genuinely pleased for me that the solution was the least costly fix.

I'm very happy to have found such a knowledgeable and trustworthy computer professional and will definitely use his services again. Plus, this is an on site service, which saved me from having to cart my computer around myself.

Thank you for the review. I primary goal is to so what is best for our clients. The update loop has been happening a lot and we are glad we caught it so you could have your computer back up and running quickly.

JJ in Toronto
JJ in Toronto

On site computer repair

I had googled on site computer repair near my area and their name had popped up. Maybe 6th or 7th down the list. My problem came when Microsoft imposed their windows version 10 on my computer even though I did not want it. PC service were the only ones open before 9am. Gave them a call, they came the next day and did what they said at the price they quoted. i.e saved my data and properly installed everything a new. Thank you Peter and Merideth. I now have a regular go-to person for computer troubles.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences. Backing up data is the best thing that anyone can do to save money time and greif. Our phone is always with us and if we are able to answer we will.

terry k.
terry k.

These folks saved me

Over the holidays I had the misfortune of downloading a virus and found PC service on HomeStars. With their stellar rating I figured I would give them a try. They came through with flying colours and saved my data which I was sure I would never see again.
Terry
President
Invitation House

Thank you Terry for the testimonial. When I received your email you said you had done something dumb. And I responded no you hadn't - phishing emails have become so good you can't tell some of the phonies just by looking at them. It is so easy to click on something you shouldn't. I am glad we were able to clean up your computer and do a major back up of your data. Everyone should back up regularly both residential and businesses.

Bino in Toronto
Bino in Toronto

Quality service with integrity

I recently moved to Toronto and my shipped computer suffered some catastrophic damage which the insurance company required a professional assesment. After calling over 10 computer specialists, Pete and Meredith were a breath of fresh air. They operate with integrity and provide good old fashioned service. I sincerely believe they will not rip you off and have the ability to help you with all your computer needs.
Highly recommended.

thank you Bino. our number one priority is to make sure our clients are listened to and understood. and if we can't help we try and advise alternative solutions

Leigh in Toronto
Leigh in Toronto

home computers

I have engaged the services for PC Service on Site for the past couple of years. We have multiple devices and computers in our home and I also use my desktop for work. They are, without a doubt, the best computer company I have ever hired. Pete is brilliant. He knows exactly how to solve any problem so no time is wasted figuring things out. Given his expertise, I realize I wasted thousands on other companies over the years. And Pete is very responsive and will always try to help you as soon as he can. I highly highly recommend Pete and PC Service on Site. I won't ever use another company. They are the best.

Thank you Leigh. Your support means everything. This is your second review for us and we truly appreciate your cheerleading for us. With all our clients we try to make sure we respond in a timely fashion. Listen to their concerns and charge accordingly.

password in Toronto
password in Toronto

Great Remote Computer Support, immediately

Readily available, very knowledgeable, friendly, and quick! I called on a Saturday afternoon with an urgent need and got it addressed remotely in under 30min! Would recommend to anyone in need of computer support.

Thank you for the kind words. Not all issues require an on site visit. Remote access software helps us help our clients quickly and efficiently. So happy that we got you up and running quickly.

SaraCx in Toronto
SaraCx in Toronto

Prompt, Pleasant and Precise!

THANK YOU for taking such a stressful situation and helping us get what we needed from a potentially disastrous situation. I was so stressed that my entire business and personal files would be lost forever! Pete and Meredith, I can not thank you enough for the help with our computer issues. Everything from setting up a new computer, helping pick out a new computer, reviving a computer with only error messages and helping to recover files from a computer. You are extremely comprehensive, knowledgable and have helped, going above and beyond, until our issue was resolved. You have shown countless times that you want to help as best as you can and that you take pride in what you do. Thank you again!!

Wow thanks Sara for the review. Our number one priority is to make sure our clients are heard and understood. And as small business we totally get how scary it can be when your tech goes sideways

computer compatability woes

My son got a new external monitor and was having difficulty getting it working with his gaming laptop. Peter fixed all the pain points and then some. Prfessional, thorough and friendly. Highly recommend!

Thank you for the review. I think Pete only left a couple of hours ago. We try very hard to listen and find a solution that works. Sometimes it is straight forward and other times years of experience offer work arounds. Have fun gaming.

More about PC Service On Site

PC Service On Site provides computer repairs, service and training for residential and small business clients. We come to you saving you time and money.

We believe that there are no stupid questions and encourage you to reach out and just ask. We are here to help you with your computer repair needs.

Laptop repair
Desktop repair
Computer & Printer Set Up
Printer troubleshooting
Virus Removal
Computer Tune-Up
Training
Wireless Networking
PC on site service repair
Laptop on site Service repair
Network on site service repair

Whether it is help with your laptop or desktop, virus removal from your system, trouble connecting to the internet, or installing small business networks, PC Service On Site is there to serve you at your convenience and on your budget.