PC Service On Site

Mere, North Toronto
Owner/Manager
Meredith Skinner [Full profile]
HomeStars  >  Computer Repairs and Support in Barrie  >  PC Service On Site
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for PC Service On Site

Shelina

We recently decided to replace our computer with a desktop and three monitors. We went to a well-known company for our needs -- only to be told they would need to order the desktop and monitors and it would take three weeks at least for their setup staff to come in and set it up for us at a significant additional cost. In desperation, we turned to Homestars and found Peter at PC Service On Site. He is smart, knowledgeable, affable, trustworthy and just an all-around amazing person. He got us an incredibly competitive quote and installation the next day. He also helped us upgrade our entertainment system. Our new system is flawless -- and we couldn't be happier. We can't say enough good things about Peter and we are devoted and loyal customers for life. If you want an incredible, reliable, super-smart computer pro looking after you at a reasonable cost, look no further than PC On Site.

Job Price

thanks Shelina. We are blushing over here after your rave. I remember your call from a retail store when you were trying to figure it all out. I suggested we chat about your needs and have Pete really delve into what you needed and wanted. Pete did the research, sourced the equipment and then yes set it all up for you. I believe the turn around from the initial conversation was three business days. Our goal is to provide outstanding service and making sure our clients' needs and wants are met within their budget.

Kevin in Barrie
1 review Simcoe County, ON

Working with Pete and Meredith has made a huge difference in the efficiency of my company. They have set up my home office and work office in such a way that I can access all my information from either location. They found me the right back up solutions and most recently have helped with the migration of our work email to Google.

They are smart, personable and always willing to help. And when they are unsure they let you know, go do the research and find you the solution that best works for you.

I wouldn't trust my business to any other computer repair business.

Job Price

Thank you Kevin for taking the time to share your experiences with our company. As a busy small business owner the ability to work more efficiently was very important. Especially given how much time you spend on the road. We designed your technology to work when and where you need it. This past week we did complete the migration of your email to Google and G Suite which gives you such flexibility.

Janet

If it weren't for PC Service On Site I would have flung my computer out the window ages ago. They are amazing! They've fixed issues with my computer, resuscitated my email program when it imploded, and helped me with social media. They are an absolute pleasure to work with and are always only a call away whenever I need advice or technical support. I've used other computer services before, but have never written a review for one ... because I was taught to say nothing if I've got nothing good to say. When it comes to PC Service On Site I've got lots to say - all of it good - and I highly recommend them to anyone who owns a computer.

Job Price

Thank you Janet for your testimonial. Sometime technology can be overwhelming and I am so glad we were able to help you and continue to help you. We started with a computer tune up and setting up a Facebook business page for you. The most important focus for us is our customers get what they need when they need it.

Elka B in Richmond Hill
3 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

We called PC service On Site as we could not get our printer to print. Peter got into my computer and fixed the problem and then worked on my daughter's laptop regarding the same problem. Not only that, he worked on the issue for 2 hours and charged us for only 1 hour. We found this to be extremely accommodating and kind on his part. Both he and his wife Meredith were extremely friendly and helpful and solved our issue. We would definitely recommend this extremely competent and knowledgeable company to anyone in need of home repairs where, as an added bonus, you do not have to bring your computer or laptop in for service!

Review has 1 previous version
Job Price

Hi Elka thank you for sharing your experiences with our business. You had just bought new toner and after installing it correctly you couldn't get it to print. Using remote access software we were able to get you back up and running. It took a little longer than normal for a few reasons including our internet service decided to go up and down that night. But with patience and your understanding we managed to get you back up and running.

Kate J

I found PC Service on Site through homestars and am thrilled with their service because my old printer was not working. Pete helped me remotely and was able to discover that I needed a new printer. He helped me find one online which was home delivered for half the price and then he came to install it. He was fast, efficient and professional. I would highly recommend them and will call them if I need any home tech support in future.

Job Price

Thank you Kate for taking the time to share your experience with our company. Often we are able to diagnose and repair computers and peripherals using remote access software. This saves our clients time and money. Unfortunately we discovered that it was time for a new printer for you. Our goal is always to make sure that we get you exactly what you need within your budget. Pete did research and gave you options re the new printer. Once it was delivered Pete showed up and installed the printer. We do not sell hardware but we work with our clients to find them the right hardware within budget.

VAUGHAN LANDSCAPING INC.

We have used Geek Squad in the past but was not happy with the wait time and service. Found Pc on Homestars. Gave them a call and they came to my office the next day. Peter was great. He did the job efficiently and took the time to ask me questions so he could make my computer more efficient for me and my business. Peter will be my go to for all my computer needs.

Job Price

Thank you for your review. We love working with other small businesses. It is so important that technology run efficiently and effectively. We helped you set up your new computer and transfer the data from the old computer. Asking questions is the key to really understanding how you use your computer and ensure that you get the most out of your technology.

Protect1 in Ottawa
2 reviews Barrie, ON

I was a magic jack problem and called Peter at 11 a.m. and to my surprise he told he would be at my house 1pm.....the same day unreal. Not only did he come at but he was done within the hour and fantastic, friendly and prompt service I will NEVER call anyone for computer help......Thank Peter!!!

Job Price

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your story. After a problem from Magic Jack that the led to more problems by another company's attempt to clean it up your computer could not connect to the internet and really wasn't working well. As a law enforcement officer you asked colleagues in Toronto who you should call and not for the first time we were recommended. We were happy to help you on site (in Barrie). Happy we were able to respond quickly on a long weekend.

Anne Leon in Toronto

It was a HUGE relief to have Home stars to turn to for finding a reliable company, and that is how I found this most helpful and generous company. Meredith is excellent in manner when you phone in and when dealing with billing. I trusted computer expert Pete with remote Team Viewer as we live far apartand he was very logical and knowledgeable. I had already used other help and had had difficulties. They are extremely generous people in nature and I thank them. I will certainly recommend them!

Job Price

Thank you Anne. I am sorry we didn't respond sooner to your review. Life got the better of us this week. We were happy to help you with your email issues. Pete is very patient and doesn't use tech speak so its easier for everyone. And as we always say we would rather you ask your questions than get frustrated. We are always available and if we can help we will.

Vicki from Toronto

I upgraded to a free version of Windows 10 about a year or so ago, and since then my computer has got progressively slower and wonkier. It got to the point where I could not boot it up at all. Peter came and uninstalled Windows 10 and reinstalled Windows 7 for me (yay! yay!) and in addition gave me lots of great advice about virus protection and backing up to the Cloud. I'm always really happy and impressed to meet people who are super good at their jobs (how rare is that, nowadays?); as an added bonus, Peter is a very nice, patient, and cheerful person to have in one's home office. Even my cat liked him. I had never known before who to call about my PC woes, but now I do, and I couldn't be happier about it!

Job Price

Thank you Vicki - What a great way for us to end 2016!. As you explained we did an operating system reinstall with Windows 7. Whenever we are on site we welcome questions so that our clients can get the most out of their systems. And we cannot stress enough the importance to having a back up system (an inexpensive insurance) in place. FYI its not just cats who like him - dogs and kids too :)

Leigh in Toronto

Pete came and made my life 100% easier. Showed me how to sync my home and work computers using the cloud and one drive. Brought me up to date on just about everything digital. I did not know what I didn't know! You has vastly improved my ability to work from home. I highly recommend his company. I am 100 % satisfied and recommend him without reservation!

Job Price

Thank you Leigh. It was a pleasure to help you out. We found you a new computer within your budget delivered and set it up. We then went about optimizing your home network and as you mentioned we set up cloud sync between your various devices. Making technology work for you is key to our success.

More about PC Service On Site

PC Service On Site provides computer repairs, service and training for residential and small business clients. We come to you saving you time and money.

We believe that there are no stupid questions and encourage you to reach out and just ask. We are here to help you with your computer repair needs.

Laptop repair
Virus Removal
Computer Tune-Up
Training
Wireless Networking
PC on site service repair
Laptop on site Service repair
Network on site service repair

Whether it is help with your laptop or desktop, virus removal from your system, trouble connecting to the internet, or installing small business networks, PC Service On Site is there to serve you at your convenience and on your budget.