Fibertec Window & Door Mfg

Christine Lolley from Old Toronto
Christine Lolley from Old Toronto

Windows and Doors for An Architect's Home

Assisted Review

Being an architect, I have specified Fibertec Windows and Doors on other projects and was eager to install them in our home. I was not disappointed when we did.

As designers of Environmentally Integrated Homes, the window's air seal, insulation value and durability and the most important things however, as a homeowner, equally important is good value.
Fibertec products strike a great balance between performance and affordability making it an excellent choice.

Dr Mark Walter from Concord
Dr Mark Walter from Concord
1 review Concord, ON

Window Replacement

Assisted Review

I thought I would begin this letter by saying how easy it is to impress people with our new Fibertec windows. How often can you point out that your windows are U=0.18! Everyone is also amazed when I tell them that the windows on the south side and north side have different low-e coatings. Setting aside the specs that put these windows among the very best that are available, the next selling point is how good the windows feel. Solid is an appropriate adjective for these windows. The opening/closing and locking/unlocking is very smooth. The framing crew who installed our windows usually does high-end houses in the area, and they said that these are easily the best windows they have ever installed. They were also the heaviest!

While it did take several months to finalize our window order, this was mostly because I was looking at several options ... and because I had a very large order! Steven Hall was very patient throughout the process. On more than one occasion I asked him to re-price everything with different features. In addition to explaining all the technical aspects in detail, Steven also made suggestions on window sizing and placement and pointed out several code issues related to bedroom egress and tempered glass. I never had to wait long for a return call or e-mail from Steven.

Our windows were done earlier than originally specified. The payment process was very straight forward. There was a slight miscommunication regarding when to ship, but the trucking company was able to delay delivery until we were ready. The shipment arrived on a large tractor-trailer. I'm not sure when the decision to go with such a big truck was made, but it worked fine for us. People with smaller streets would want to watch out that the delivery vehicle is not too big. The packing for shipment was excellent. I received three 8 foot pallets fully enclosed with 1/2" osb plywood. Windows were placed in these crates with packaging material that ensured a snug fit. Windows were also individually wrapped and had 2x4 blocks to keep the nailing fin off the ground. I did not find any problems with what was delivered and all windows also looked perfect and operated flawlessly upon installation.

I was originally very concerned about the fiberglass finish. On the one hand I wanted performance, but I was also being "lectured" about aesthetics. I ended up with the standard white finish for casement windows. I am happy to report that they do not look anything like vinyl windows. We felt that a different exterior color was going to cost too much, but it turns out that the white exterior looks great. On the interior we will have painted window trim, but do not plan on painting the window frames at this time. We think the windows will blend in nicely as they are.

From my many conversations with Steven, I am confident that if we have any problems in the near future, Fibertec will take care of us. We have not yet moved into the house. At some point after we move in, I'll have to take the spec sheet off of the windows. At that point I hope that we can just enjoy having great windows. I'll continue to tell people about U=0.18, but I think the windows will also continue to make a good impression all by themselves.

Dear Mark, I am glad to hear that you are impressed and satisfied with your new windows. Once you move into your new home you will definitely enjoy them.Thank you for taking the time to give us the positive feedback.

Shelley in Colville
Shelley in Colville
1 review COLVILLE, WA

Windows and doors

I had posted a long and detailed note about Fibertec and their service. Fortunately, someone read the post and called the right person at Fibertec. They got on the ball and did everything they could to rectify their poor service and turn it around into a positive experience. This included talking to the service personnel and giving them some pointers and training. The president of the company personally called me twice to make sure everything was going as planned. My service issue took a long time to get moving in the right direction toward resolution, but once the ball got rolling on the right track, everything was completed in about two weeks. Thanks, Fibertec. You have won my confidence back.

Review has 1 previous version
Purchaser in Toronto
Purchaser in Toronto

Fiberglass window replacement

Assisted Review

I wanted to let you know how happy I have been with my Fibertec windows. They are now 15 years old and are still like brand new.
They are very energy efficient, and require no maintenance.
I would be happy to speak to anyone thinking of buying your windows. K.C.

Karen L in Ancaster
Karen L in Ancaster
1 review Ancaster, ON

New windows

Dear Steven,

We would like to take this opportunity to tell you, how pleased we are with our new windows. Every time we drive up the house now, we truly think we have the nicest windows on the street! The quality of the product is evident!

Your help during this process was really appreciated. Every time we called with a concern or question or just looking for advice, you were always available and found the right answers.

Your installation team, Jimmy and his crew, were incredible. They certainly know how to install windows and did an excellent job! They were always courteous and polite. Every day they left the work site, they made sure any construction mess was cleaned up. When they had to take out the old windows on a cold day, they were careful to close the door to the room in order to try and keep the rest of the house warm. I can't say enough about how pleased we were with their work.

This has been an excellent experience for us, and we wouldn't hesitate to recommend Fibertec to anyone in the market for new windows.

Sincerely,
Karen & Kevin Lacey

Curtis in Chesterland, OH
Curtis in Chesterland, OH
1 review , OH

Purchased Fibertec Windows

4/30/09

Fibertec Window and Door Mfg.

Just wanted to let you know how pleased we are with the windows we purchased from you. You were very straight forward and honest during the quoting process which I appreciated greatly. The windows were custom made to the exact sizes I needed and arrived with no damage. Installation was straight forward and we immediately noticed how much quieter our house was. The inside oak veneer looks great after we stained it to match our existing trim. Thank you for a quality product.

Sincerely, Curt L

Colin in Toronto
Colin in Toronto

New high efficiency windows

For a widely varying climate like we have in Ontario, there is no better window than a fiberglass window. Fibertec was on our list of companies to call from the start, just based on their reputation in the industry (recommended by our architect).

The good folks at Fibertec (we mostly dealt with Steven Hall) definitely lived up to our high expectations and more. They were cheerful and interested in learning about exactly what was important to us in our home. (e.g., light, air flow, etc.) And they were just as eager to talk us out of bad decisions to help us keep our costs under control. (Not sure how many companies would do that!)

Steven was always helpful and not the least bit pushy. His quote was put together professionally and was very easy to understand.

We wound up going with one of their highest end products: triple glazed, krypton filled and with a u-value (insulation rating) so low, the windows will lose less heat that the WALLS of our old house did. (It's a good investment though: the math says the extra costs pays for itself over the life of the windows -- we're paying more on our mortgage but less on our energy bill. And the house will be a much more comfortable space to live in, too!)

The windows showed up bang-on time and our builder had no trouble getting them installed for us. (Well... there was a comment about them being "the heaviest window he's ever moved" but it was said at least partly in admiration of the triple glaze. The other part was definitely just that some of the larger windows were REALLY heavy. :-) )

And they followed up to make sure all was well with their product after installation. It was a really good experience through and through.

More about Fibertec Window & Door Mfg

Fibertec Window and Door Manufacturing is committed to providing customers with technologically advanced window and door systems that combine unparalleled long term performance with beauty and style. Fibertec fiberglass frames offer a more energy efficient, maintenance free alternative to competitive aluminum, plastic, and wood clad frame windows. Fiberglass Windows, Fiberglass ...
Looking for Windows & Doors Installation & Service pros in Vaughan?