Fibertec Window & Door Mfg

280 Bowes Road ON L4K 1J9

Reviews for Fibertec Window & Door Mfg

Private User reviews Vaughan, ON

sliding patio doors.

2 patio doors were installed by their contractors in 2008. I live off a lake with a lot of wind, doors are drafty. If doors are raised up air leaks through bottom. if door is lowered air leaks out of top. Installing contractor came out twice to fix problem and finally stated nothing else can be done. I had to install plastic to keep draft out. I guess my research wasn't as good as I thought. I called and wrote to customer service. no reply. I'll need to find better doors.

sarayale in Toronto
sarayale in Toronto

Terrible product and company

I am in the United States and ordered double hung fiberglass windows from Fibertec. The windows are defective and I am not only getting water into the house but also water is getting into the sash frames. This is happening to a lot of the windows, not just a few and possibly most. I have a very large house with over 50 windows. Fibertec warranty and service are terrible. I have offered to pay plane fare and expenses for someone to come out and offer solutions. They will not send anyone. I finally found an independent window expert locally who is trying to help me. He says the windows do not have weep holes in the sash frames which is a terrible design. Fibertec claims this is their design. There is also a vertical and horizontal frame and the joints are not sealed. I am getting water in my walls inside the house. It has taken me months to figure out these issues. At first I assumed it was the flashing and/or install. Independent expert took my window apart with siding guy and everything was done correctly. We sealed outside seam for one window and that seemed to work so I think the windows are not joined properly from factory. Also, two seal failures so far. I am not making any of this up--I don't know how this company is in business. Now I have to figure out how to sue them from the US. I have around 70 windows--my house is very large.

Mehran in Chicago
Mehran in Chicago

Above and Beyond

Fibertech went above and beyond to provide me documentation that helped me pass my home inspection. The windows are beautiful. The energy efficiency also helps to reduce my hvac costs.

Purchaser in Toronto
Purchaser in Toronto

Fiberted fails to honour window warranty

Fibertec installed a number of windows in my house several years ago. Recently the sealed units started to leak. Fibertec replaced the sealed units but is trying to charge me for costs clearly covered by the warranty. It is unfortunate that the company is failing to honour its warranty because the actual product is a good product

Matthew in Vaughan
Matthew in Vaughan

windows and doors

I found the pricing very reasonable-quality products which are very essential for home and conducive to the design of our home - and the after sales service was impeccable on and off site

Private User reviews Revelstoke, BC

Fibertect Windows

We recently purchased 5 large windows from Fibertec. I spent quite some time researching the various options for windows and particularly fiberglass windows before choosing Fibertec and I haven’t been disappointed. The sales rep Gerry was very helpful in preparing a quote and eventually an order. The windows arrived within a few days of the target date and were carefully packaged. The widows are clearly manufactured to a high standard and feel very solid. They were easy to install and while only a few months old appear to be living up to their insulating claims.

Overall I am very satisfied with my purchase from Fibertec and plan to purchase more windows from them as we renovate other parts of the house.

Hi There,
Doing research on your windows was the right thing to do and we're happy that you made an informed decision about the windows you used in your renovation. We look forward to helping you out on your future renovation projects and hope you continue to enjoy your installed windows.

Regards,

Big John in Vaughan
Big John in Vaughan

Patio Door and Windows

Have had windows and patio door for 23 years, and I was called recently by Fibertec to ask if everything was OK! Remarkable! Their products are robust and very durable. Patio door runs on ball bearing wheels and still work very well after all this time. Very good product. Last forever!

Hi John,
Thank you for being a long time supporting customer - we appreciate your kinds words and hope you continue to enjoy your fiberglass windows and doors for many years to come.

Regards,

robert Large in Caledon
robert Large in Caledon
1 review Caledon, ON

Energy efficiency R-2000 house

in 1993 I was building an energy efficient home and after researching windows and glass options Fibertec was the logical choice . Twenty four years later the original windows operate and perform as good as the day I installed them . I have had to replace a couple of pieces of glass stop and hardware over the years but it is reassuring to know that they still carry the items and parts I need to make the repairs. I have always found the staff to be amiable, courteous and willing to assist you whenever I have had contacted them

Hi Robert,
Thank you for your kind words - we are always here to help!

More about Fibertec Window & Door Mfg

Fibertec Window and Door Manufacturing is committed to providing customers with technologically advanced window and door systems that combine unparalleled long term performance with beauty and style. Fibertec fiberglass frames offer a more energy efficient, maintenance free alternative to competitive aluminum, plastic, and wood clad frame windows. Fiberglass Windows, Fiberglass ...
Looking for Windows & Doors Installation & Service pros in Vaughan?