Fibertec Window & Door Mfg

Windows & Doors Installation & Service
HomeStars  >  Windows & Doors Installation & Service in Ottawa  >  Fibertec Window & Door Mfg

Reviews for Fibertec Window & Door Mfg

sarayale in Toronto
sarayale in Toronto

Terrible product and company

I am in the United States and ordered double hung fiberglass windows from Fibertec. The windows are defective and I am not only getting water into the house but also water is getting into the sash frames. This is happening to a lot of the windows, not just a few and possibly most. I have a very large house with over 50 windows. Fibertec warranty and service are terrible. I have offered to pay plane fare and expenses for someone to come out and offer solutions. They will not send anyone. I finally found an independent window expert locally who is trying to help me. He says the windows do not have weep holes in the sash frames which is a terrible design. Fibertec claims this is their design. There is also a vertical and horizontal frame and the joints are not sealed. I am getting water in my walls inside the house. It has taken me months to figure out these issues. At first I assumed it was the flashing and/or install. Independent expert took my window apart with siding guy and everything was done correctly. We sealed outside seam for one window and that seemed to work so I think the windows are not joined properly from factory. Also, two seal failures so far. I am not making any of this up--I don't know how this company is in business. Now I have to figure out how to sue them from the US. I have around 70 windows--my house is very large.

Mehran in Chicago
Mehran in Chicago

Above and Beyond

Fibertech went above and beyond to provide me documentation that helped me pass my home inspection. The windows are beautiful. The energy efficiency also helps to reduce my hvac costs.

Purchaser in Toronto
Purchaser in Toronto

Fiberted fails to honour window warranty

Fibertec installed a number of windows in my house several years ago. Recently the sealed units started to leak. Fibertec replaced the sealed units but is trying to charge me for costs clearly covered by the warranty. It is unfortunate that the company is failing to honour its warranty because the actual product is a good product

Matthew in Vaughan
Matthew in Vaughan

windows and doors

I found the pricing very reasonable-quality products which are very essential for home and conducive to the design of our home - and the after sales service was impeccable on and off site

Private User reviews Revelstoke, BC

Fibertect Windows

We recently purchased 5 large windows from Fibertec. I spent quite some time researching the various options for windows and particularly fiberglass windows before choosing Fibertec and I haven’t been disappointed. The sales rep Gerry was very helpful in preparing a quote and eventually an order. The windows arrived within a few days of the target date and were carefully packaged. The widows are clearly manufactured to a high standard and feel very solid. They were easy to install and while only a few months old appear to be living up to their insulating claims.

Overall I am very satisfied with my purchase from Fibertec and plan to purchase more windows from them as we renovate other parts of the house.

Hi There,
Doing research on your windows was the right thing to do and we're happy that you made an informed decision about the windows you used in your renovation. We look forward to helping you out on your future renovation projects and hope you continue to enjoy your installed windows.

Big John in Vaughan
Big John in Vaughan

Patio Door and Windows

Have had windows and patio door for 23 years, and I was called recently by Fibertec to ask if everything was OK! Remarkable! Their products are robust and very durable. Patio door runs on ball bearing wheels and still work very well after all this time. Very good product. Last forever!

Hi John,
Thank you for being a long time supporting customer - we appreciate your kinds words and hope you continue to enjoy your fiberglass windows and doors for many years to come.

robert Large in Caledon
robert Large in Caledon
1 review Caledon, ON

Energy efficiency R-2000 house

in 1993 I was building an energy efficient home and after researching windows and glass options Fibertec was the logical choice . Twenty four years later the original windows operate and perform as good as the day I installed them . I have had to replace a couple of pieces of glass stop and hardware over the years but it is reassuring to know that they still carry the items and parts I need to make the repairs. I have always found the staff to be amiable, courteous and willing to assist you whenever I have had contacted them

Hi Robert,
Thank you for your kind words - we are always here to help!

Robert from Maine in Machias
Robert from Maine in Machias
1 review Eastport, ME

New House

I needed quality windows and doors that would hold up to high winds and cold temperatures in a northern coastal Maine year round environment. I scoured the internet looking at green building forums. I talked to contractors in my area that I trusted. I had some experience using Marvin & Anderson windows in many other renovated homes.
I could not find another triple pane casement window that met Fibertec specifications and offered fiberglass strength inside and outside. Fibertec rep Steven Hall took our floor plan and submitted to us window sizing, specs and operator locations. He suggested windows that made the 180 degree water views even better.
When we received the windows we were surprised how heavy the triple pane windows were. I purchased the optional sandalwood color brick mold factory attached allowing the vinyl shake siding to meet attractively and allowed us to forgo any other window exterior trim. The result was a beautiful look that garners many compliments and envy.
The windows have been in 9 months. I have noticed how quiet and constant the temperature is in the space. The windows close to a tight seal. Crank mechanisms work well. We opted for the standard white fiberglass interior which when trimmed out looked great.
I am very pleased with the purchase and Fibertec service rep Marcia Brooks has been responsive to provide touch paints for contractor scrapes. We had a defective lock mechanism on a sliding door that she is going to replace.
I would recommend Fibertec windows and doors to anyone that wants to build a tight attractive building envelope.

Hi Robert,
Thank you for the in depth review about our fiberglass windows and doors - It is great to know that you have seen what the market offers and that you had the chance to compare it to Fibertec's high standard. We appreciate your kind words and are happy that your windows continue to perform as per expected.

Fibertec Window and Door Technologies

David in Cincinnati
David in Cincinnati
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

Window Replacement Project

I replaced the original 15 yr old wood windows in our house in May of 2015. They wood frames were badly deteriorating due to lack of maintenance. Through my comparative research I decided on fiberglass windows, and through evaluation of a number of suppliers (cost, quality & features) I decided on Fibretec. Now 15 months later I see I made the right decision. The service experience was great and the windows have performed very well. I recommend to anyone who is looking for new windows to look at Fibertec.

Hi David,
We appreciate the kind words and are happy you made the great decision to replace your windows with Fibertec
Best Regards

Fibertec Window and Door Technologies

More about Fibertec Window & Door Mfg

Fibertec Window and Door Manufacturing is committed to providing customers with technologically advanced window and door systems that combine unparalleled long term performance with beauty and style. Fibertec fiberglass frames offer a more energy efficient, maintenance free alternative to competitive aluminum, plastic, and wood clad frame windows.

Fiberglass Windows, Fiberglass Doors, fiberglass Residential Windows, Fibertec Replacement Windows, Fiberglass Window manufacturing, Fiberglass Door manufacturers, Fiberglass Replacement Windows, Retrofit Windows, Energy Efficient Windows, Energy Star WIndows, Fiberglass double hung window, fiberglass casement windows, fiberglass awning windows, fiberglass sliding windows, eco home, passive house, window ratings, energy efficient windows, triple pane windows, green home design, low e windows, green windows and doors, eco friendly window, window reviews, passive house windows, best energy efficient windows, passivehaus, sustainable windows, highly efficient windows, energy saving windows, solar heat gain coefficient, Window Manufacturer, Custom Windows, Custom Doors, Door Manufacturer, Fiberglass Door Manufacturer, Glass Door Insert, ICF Building Windows

Windows & Doors Installation & Service
Fibertec Fiberglass Window System featuring North America's best energy-rated window system. These fiberglass window and door systems out perform all other window products, setting new standards in the industry. That's why we offer a lifetime warranty good for the life of your home. Fibertec door slabs and frames mean quality and durability. We always emphasize long-term performance, and our systems have achieved the highest air tightness and energy ratings. We offer all Fiberglass: Fiberglass Casement Windows Fiberglass Awning Windows Fiberglass Double Hung Windows Fiberglass Sliding Windows Fiberglass Architectural Windows Fiberglass Bay and Bow Windows Fiberglass Custom Shaped Windows Fiberglass Entry Doors & Fiberglass Sliding Patio Doors
As full service provider, we ship all throughout North America and provide custom installations anywhere in Ontario. Our knowledge and capable staff offer directional turning on glass and glazing options to achieve the optimum performance for the diverse environment we live in. Our Window and Door Lines Include: Fiberglass Casement Windows Fiberglass Awning Windows Fiberglass Bay and Bow Windows Fiberglass Double Hung Windows Fiberglass Sliding Windows Fiberglass Architectural Windows Fiberglass Custom Shaped Windows Fiberglass Entry Doors & Fiberglass Sliding Patio Doors
Fibertec Windows and Doors - Fiberglass is a superior material in five ways: 1. Dimensional Stability (No Expansion and Contraction) 2. Thermal Insulation (Best Energy Efficiency) 3. Durability (Does not Bend, Warp, Fade, or Crack) 4. Aesthetics (Designs, Styles, and Custom Sizes) 5. Environmental Friendliness (Made from Abundant Raw Materials)
Available Styles - Low Profiles - Triple Pane and Double Pane Options - Many Glazing Options like Soft and Hard Coat Low E - Wood Clad Interiors with Real Stainable Wood - Custom Colours - Grills and Semi Divided Light Features
Custom Quotes, Extensive Product Knowledge and Consultation Provided at no cost.
1989
Major Credit Card, Cheque
Energy Star Partner, National Fenestration Rating Council Certified, American Architectural Manufact
PROJECT RATE