Butler Plumbing Heating & Gasfitting Ltd

Plumbing
4260 93 St NW Edmonton AB T6E 5P5
HomeStars  >  Plumbing in Edmonton  >  Butler Plumbing Heating & Gasfitting Ltd
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Butler Plumbing Heating & Gasfitting Ltd

ashleyc
1 review Edmonton, AB

Kevin arrived within a reasonable time after my initial call. He was professional and polite and replaced both shit off valves. He communicated the situation with the building manager who was reluctant to shit the water in the building off. Kevin also ensured that once the condo building turned the water back on and he had completed his work he double checked to see that no further issues would occur.
I would definitely recommend him and Butler Plumbing.

That's great to hear Ashley that Kevin was able to resolve your issue with your water leak. Please do not hesitate to give us a call if you have further plumbing or heating issues you need help with.

Cindy
2 reviews Edmonton, AB

Kevin P. installed the plumbing in my renovated ensuite bathroom.
He lined up the hardware so it looked attractive with circular lines. His suggestions made the best possible arrangement for the valve, the shower bar as well as the height of the shower head. He also added a drain line from the pan under the washer, in case of an overflow. This addition was done neatly and is functional. He was pleasant and easy to work with and competent. Every job Kevin has ever done for me, in the past, consistently upholds his fine workmanship and the finished projects look good.

Thank you Cindy. That is great that Kevin P. made suggestions to make your renovation to your bathroom turn out just that much better. We are lucky to have him on our team. Please let us know if you have any questions about the job or booking future jobs.

marsha
1 review Edmonton, AB

I have used Butler Plumbing for 7 years and we use their services for all our plumbing needs and have recommended them to all our friends.

Thank you Marsha for taking the time to write this review. We appriciate the business you have given us with your plumbing and heating needs. We look forward to working with you in the future.

Peter in Edmonton
7 reviews Edmonton, AB

Too much to add in the subject line, so here's what we had done:

- Pipe new 3/4” gas up to range (includes permit)
- Add new 8” combustion air for boiler and hot water tank.
- Add new 8” fresh air into R/A duct including electric damper and 240V 5kw duct heater.
-Install range exhaust fan with new pipe out the roof.
- Remove old exhaust fan
- Supply and install new 110 cfm bathroom exhaust fan.
- Connect to existing piping and electrical
------------------------------

For our kitchen renovation, we decided to switch from a (50 year old) electric to a gas stove. After picking out a stove and appropriate range hood, I contacted Butler Plumbing to give us a quote on running a gas line to the kitchen installing the range hood, and putting in a new bathroom fan. This was our third time contracting Butler, so we were confident that we were getting the right people for the job.

Kevin came out, had a look around and informed me that due to the powerful fan in the range hood (600 CFM), we would need a make up air system to replace the large volume being removed by the fan.

I had assumed you quickly run a gas line, slap a range hood over the stove and you're good to go. Nope, not even close.

For the uninitiated (which included me) a make up air system is necessary in order to avoid negative air pressure in the home, the build of of carbon dioxide created by the burning natural gas and to draw fresh air in from the outside. Or something. Not one to ignore the advice of a professional, we of course gave the go-ahead.

Bryce came and had the system ready for the electricians from Robart Electrical (another GREAT Edmonton business) in 3 days. This guy worked his tail off and I can't say enough good things about the quality of the Journeymen that Butler Plumbing have sent to our home. They call you when they are on the way, clean up after themselves, answer any questions that you may have and always pull permits when required.

There were a couple of small hiccups getting the system 100% operational, but after conferring with Bryce and Kevin, the electricians got it done quickly. I really, really do appreciate the fact that Butler took the time to share their knowledge of the system in order to give the electricians the information that they needed to get things working as they should. That's why you hire professionals, people.

Peter, Your reviews are fantastic and very helpful to other customers looking to hire contractors. Enjoy the new gas range and good meals that will come from it. Thanks again.

DonaldM in Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

Excellent service and quick response to emergency repair to our gas water heater. Great customer service, very responsive and with outstanding know-how. The service was quick efficient and very friendly. Outstanding work and highly recommended.

Thanks for this great review Donald. Let us know if we can help in the future.

Patti L. in Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

I was very very pleased with the help I received from Chelsey on the phone and Kevin P., the plumber who replaced the tank. I have had a lot of trouble with things breaking in my old house this year, and the badly leaking hot water tank was one more impending disaster to panic about. The visit was moved up a day to accommodate my worries and the actual replacement was done efficiently and well. The estimate was exact since it included everything - no add-ons- and the service was thoughtful from start to finish. Thank you both very much. The relief was huge!

Good Day Patti, How awesome! Thanks for your thoughtful review. I'm happy we were able to get in early to help you out, and thankful Chelsey and Kevin P took some worry away. Let me know if we can give you a hand with anything else. Have a great day.

Gerard from Edmonton
3 reviews Edmonton, AB

Old MAU, (make up air unit), had run its course, and needed to be changed out. Due to having Butler Plumbing on previous jobs, it was an easy decision to have them take care of overseeing the installation of the new unit, and do all plumbing required. They know the installation process and know what items to look for and what needs to be done to get the job completed correctly. Another job well done and no extra work on my end.

Great to hear everything turned out well thanks for taking the time to review us on Homestars

Peter in Edmonton
7 reviews Edmonton, AB

As we turned on our heat for the first bit of cold weather of the year, we observed the house wasn't really warming up that well. We called Butler as they had done work for us in the past on our rental unit and we were pleased with the quality of and the professionalism of their Journeyman.

I expected a bit of a wait as I'm sure we're not the only household in Edmonton that has heating issues when the weather changes, but when I called Chelsea told me someone could be there first thing in the morning! (between 8-30). At 8:15 the next morning, David called me to let me know he was leaving the shop and to expect him shortly.

When he arrived I explained the issue we were having (to the best of my ability) and he got straight to work. Throughout the job, the communication was excellent. David took the time to explain what he was doing and made suggestions as to other things we could do to get the most out of our 60 year-old boiler.

As it was an older heating system, David made a phone call to an older, more experienced Journeyman to get his input. I must say this impressed me the most about the job. He didn't pretend he knew everything, and as a Journeyman myself, I know you'll never know everything there is to know about your trade. Asking for advice and help when you need it is the sign of a true professional.

As for the technical aspect of the repair, it was discovered that the impeller cartridge on the boiler pump was worn out (loose bearing, shaft play etc) which would cause pressure loss. David made a few phone calls, tracked a cartridge down and went out to get it. After the install he bled the air out of the lines and installed and auto air vent. It took a few hours for the system to get up to temperature again, but I must say it made a difference having proper water pressure flowing through the lines of our baseboard heaters.

I've read most of the reviews here and the biggest complaint I seem to be seeing is the cost. It is annoying to see a low rating given to a company based on cost alone. I don't remember seeing a complaint about the workmanship, which is where you see the most value for your hard-earned dollar. Butler isn't the cheapest by any stretch, but where's the deal if the work isn't done cleanly, professionally and correctly the first time around? For us, quality craftsmanship, communication and promptness is paramount, and is the main reason we continue to avail of Butler's services.
------

Update (November 3, 2016)

As recommended David on his last visit, Bryce and Keith came today and performed a power flush on the boiler and took care of a couple of minor plumbing issues ($1330.21). It took about 5 hours for the service and as expected, the work was performed professionally and promptly. Very friendly guys and pleasure to work with. Thanks again!

Thank you for the detailed write up. We are glad to help. And we really do appreciate your time writing this review.

Jim from Edmonton
3 reviews Edmonton, AB

Bryce from Butler Plumbing just left. I have a fully functional hot water tank and kitchen sink. He was quick and efficient and the work itself top-notch! Thank you so much to him and to Butler Plumbing staff who set up the appointment. Everyone has been friendly, professional and accommodating.

Jim thanks for the write up. Pleasure working for you!

More about Butler Plumbing Heating & Gasfitting Ltd

Providing both Commercial and Residential plumbing and heating service in Edmonton and surrounding area with over 30 years experience.
Butler Plumbing is dedicated to our customers while providing reliable, honest, high quality service.
Customers can rest easy knowing the job is being done professionally, with all work guaranteed.

Customer Service, Boiler and Hydronic Service Repair, Plumbing Repair and Renos
Boilers, Hot water tanks, Tankless Heaters, Water Softeners, Filters, Sump Pumps, Heating Pumps, Humidifiers, Toilets, Sinks , Faucets, Steamers.
Boiler Service and Cleaning, Boiler Inspections and Replacements, Hot Water Tank Replacements, Tankless Heater Installs, Drain Augering, Drain Video Inspection, Plumbing Repairs to toilets, sinks drains, water lines, Poly B replacements, Plumbing Renovations.