Sparkles Cleaning Service Ltd

Sparkles Cleaning Service Ltd

Reviews for Sparkles Cleaning Service Ltd

Private User reviews Drumbo, ON

Unsatisfied client

The service that was completely was less than satisfactory. Specific requirements were made upon time of estimate which included dusting, cleaning baseboards and moving couches to clean under them. None of which was done. Also, cleaners were arguing with each other over what cleaning each had 'completed'. Very unprofessional and would NEVER recommend them as a cleaning service.

Hanneke Preikschas in Kitchener
Hanneke Preikschas in Kitchener
1 review Kitchener, ON

Excellent service

I have had Sparkles come in every 2 weeks since I have had some health issues. The staff is always wanting to please. It has taken a load off my time and mind and now I can focus on other things. Eileen and Kirsten always aim to please and are a pleasure to have in our home. My house Sparkles after they have been here!

Private User reviews Kitchener, ON

Post Reno

The place was a disaster and more than we could handle. Thank goodness for the cleaners! They were incredible!!!! Went above and beyond.
The Manager was incredibly thorough asked many questions so she knew exactly what we were looking for.
The price seemed a bit high at first but we were thrilled with the result and thought it money very well spent!

Paul Near in Kitchener
Paul Near in Kitchener
1 review Kitchener, ON

Move In Clean

The ladies went above and beyond to get everything in ship shape so we could move our belongings in. We could not have asked for nicer cleaners or a more thorough job!

The Dancing Elephant
The Dancing Elephant
9 reviews Kitchener, ON

Cleaning Services

My wife and I employed Sparkles Cleaning for the better part of the past 5 years, though for the cost estimate on this website, I have only put the cumulative price which we paid over the past 3 years. This is because we had rotated through multiple crews in the early years before eventually settling on a crew who regularly cleaned our current house (in Kitchener).

I have several comments to share regarding our experiences:

(1) For the past 3 years, we have paid for a 2h:15m clean (for 2 people), which came to roughly ~$160 per clean, depending on the tip. However, after recently examining our security system logs, we discovered that our crew had been leaving early -- in one case after 1h:45m, and in another case, after 1h:30m. When we brought this up with the cleaners, they admitted to leaving early. We do not know how long this has been going on, and while it is possible that it is isolated to these 2 occurrences, my wife and I find it difficult to maintain a relationship with a company and crew that have eroded our trust.

(2) We found that the quality of the cleaning decreased over time. Years ago, the cleaning was reasonably thorough, but as time passed, our crew became more focused on "surface cleaning", despite the fact that we routinely asked them to focus on the "deep cleaning" -- things like the tops of bookcases, around baseboards, under furniture, and so on. As far as we can tell, our crew never once stood on a step-stool or cleaned any higher than their heads. Our crew routinely left lights on across the house, occasionally left windows open, and on at least 3 occasions, left our natural gas fireplace running (after they had left the home). Despite our frequent requests to the contrary, our crew insisted on doing "tidying chores" -- like putting away dishes and making the beds -- which we feel was an effort to appear "busy" and avoid doing the "hard work", which is what we had really wanted all along.