Top Hat Home Comfort Services

Catherine Dickson from Ottawa
Catherine Dickson from Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

installation gas fireplace

Shane and his crew removed my wood burning fireplace and installed a new gas unit yesterday. I am thrilled with the results. The crew was efficient, respectful and pleasant to have around. Job well done...only disappointing point is that it took 4 months from date of order to yesterday but hey we beat the snow!!!! Also loved the singing!!!!

Thanks for your review

Chris and Caitlin Neil from Carp
Chris and Caitlin Neil from Carp
1 review Rd, ON

New Build

Top Hat helped us with fireplaces and duct cleaning in 2 homes as well as work in a new restaurant. They have provided personal service every time. They have also helped us by giving back to the community by donating a fireplace to Rogers House, a children's palliative care facility in Ottawa. This has truly made a lasting impact on the families that use the home. We are truly impressed by Top Hat and all the staff and have recommended them to many people.

Thanks for choosing Top Hat

carol smaridge from Ottawa
carol smaridge from Ottawa
5 reviews Ottawa, ON

Cleaning chimney

The guys were right on time. Took their shoes off without being asked to. Put a thick sheet on the floor to clean up any mess. Both guys interacted very well together. Cleaned up completely when leaving. Explained everything they had done, asked if I had any questions.

TD from Ottawa
TD from Ottawa
1 review Kanata, ON

Air Conditioning

Air Conditioning Service; CONSUMER BEWARE BEWARE

They installed a Central Air Condition summer of last year, 2013; I purchased 10 years part and labor extended warranty in addition (I have a written contract). The unit failed within one year due to the fact that a contact switch inside the air conditioning unit was not engaged with thermostat. I was with the service technician at the time of diagnostic and obviously it was a cheap unit/defective unit inside the air conditioning unit that fail

They replace a defective unit and claim that it was caused by a little bug and void the warranty and insist that I have to pay for the service. I spoke with the Service manager and he was rude, inconsiderate and they threaten to send to a collection agency if I don't pay the bill which will damage my credit score

I kindly ask them to give me a proof that the defective unit was caused by a bug; Perhaps, it was rain, dust or the unit defective prematurely that cause the issue which is clearly should be covered under warranty. They refuse to honor the 10 years part and labor warranty service contract which I shell out hundred of $ purchase extra after the unit was installed.

CONSUMER ... BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY BUSINESS PRACTICE WHEN IT COMES TO WARRANTY

Sandra from Ottawa
Sandra from Ottawa
3 reviews Ottawa, ON

Fireplace WETT Inspection

Fantastic service, cleaned and maintained the fireplace and gave it a pass. I was worried but they answered all my questions perfectly. Highly recommended, i shopped around and they were very competitive.

HSTA
HSTA
14 reviews Gloucester, ON

Looking for discontinued parts

An old fireplace in our basement - was looking for a piece that was discontinued and we could not find it anywhere. They were helpful, explained the process thoroughly. Timely and did not require follow-up.

GV in Ottawa
GV in Ottawa
9 reviews OTTAWA, ON

Gas Fireplace Service

Our fireplace conked out. We called Top Hat to look at it. They were timely and courteous. They fixed it quickly and explained what went wrong (dirty burners). The only small downside is overall price is pretty high on an hourly basis. Upside is incredibly efficient service.

Stuart from Kanata
Stuart from Kanata
1 review Kanata, ON

Furnace & Heat Pump installation

Top Hat were on time, on budget and did what they said they would. Having researched the advantages of installing a heat pump I knew the questions to ask and they scored high marks with all of their answers. Cleanup was good and most importantly the house is warm even with the -27c weather.

Bill Bee in Ottawa
Bill Bee in Ottawa
4 reviews OTTAWA, ON

Roofing repair

A tech was brought out on a busy day to view a leaking roof in my home. He came up with an estimate for which I was charged. I tried to get the repair done but did not get a response to do so. The company had sent out an apprentice while the experts were on vacation. I ended up requesting a refund because they could not complete the jjob and the estimate provided was not accurate. After much back and forth a refund was provided. Generally the company has a good reputation, but in this situation they were too busy to send out the proper people.

Denise in Ottawa
Denise in Ottawa
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Chimney Assessment and Cleaning

The staff were knowledgeable and professional. We also had a quote for a high-efficiency fireplace insert but did not go this route in the end. The scheduling for the quote was convenient and quick.

More about Top Hat Home Comfort Services

Top Hat Home Comfort Services has been providing quality repairs, maintenance and improvement services for the Ottawa valley since 1974.
Looking for Fireplaces pros in Nepean?