Top Hat Home Comfort Services

Reviews for Top Hat Home Comfort Services

Hannah in Ottawa
Hannah in Ottawa
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Quick, caring response to roof emergency

During a severe windstorm at the end of October, I found several shingles on my driveway. As it was getting late in the season, it was too cold to do a whole new roof, however Top Hat concerned about the vulnerability of my roof during the winter. They were quick to insert shingles temporarily into the bald spots in order to protect the roof from the elements until the new roof could be done in the spring. In the early spring, they called me to make an appointment to do the roof. The new roof was installed efficiently and I was especially happy that all the detritus was removed from my property. I found their communication to be very good. All my phone calls were returned quickly by John.

3 fireplaces, nothing done right

A noisey gas fan, resulted in being red tagged and over 1 month for them to get back and replace. ($4000) 2 wood chimneys "cleaned" neither done completely asked for animal trap, said they couldn't would have to come back, claim both need repairs I should buy inserts...gee they sell those too. Everything was up sell...worst than Rogers!

As a licensed TSSA contractor in Ontario we are required by law to inform all home owners of unsafe gas appliances and ensure they are returned to a safe condition.

The same holds true for a wood burning fireplace, if there is anything unsafe about a homeowners fireplace we make them aware of the situation and their options.

Regarding the cleaning not being done properly, I would be happy to send an alternate crew over free of charge to inspect and make sure the cleaning was done properly to your satisfaction.

Please call me at 613-722-1226 and I will arrange to have this done.

Best regards,

Sean Holtom

Wendya in Ottawa
Wendya in Ottawa

Furnace issues

Very appreciative of the help from Shane Williams for fixing our furnace (on his day off) especially during the Ottawa temperatures this week. He quickly responded to our issue. Thanks very much.

I'm glad we were able to solve your problem.

Thanks for your review.

David in Toronto
David in Toronto

Installation of a gas insert fireplace

Very satisfied with the service provided by Top Hat Home Comfort. Had a gas insert installed into an existing wood burning fireplace. Everything was easy to complete from the original sales call until final installation. The service and professionalism demonstrated by the entire Top Hat crew was greatly appreciated. Would recommend to anyone requiring their services and will definitely use them again. Thank you Doug, Shane, Jerry, and Richard, and all the Top Hat Crew.
from Dave.

Thank you for your patronage and your review.

1 review Ottawa, ON

We were very satisfied with the professionalism provided by the Top Hat team. From initial contact to the final inspection, work was completed efficiently and effectively. Would recommend to friends.

Thanks for your review

Bruce and Judy Hygh from Ottawa
Bruce and Judy Hygh from Ottawa
11 reviews Ottawa, ON

Eaves troughing and gutter hemlet installation

Did an excellent and professional job of installing new gutter helmets, eaves troughs and down pipes in front of house and in rear on new sun room addition. Highly professional and knowledgeable staff and courteous and helpful. Would recommend to others for work. We will use them next year for replacing older eaves troughs and for roof.

Thanks you for your review

Will in Toronto
Will in Toronto

Chimney Replacement

I needed a chimney replacement. Top Hat was referred to me by a friend. They came by on a Saturday to take a look at the chimney. I spoke with Steve on Sunday night by phone. He gave me the estimate, and we decided to move forward. They were able to begin Tuesday. The crew showed up early Tuesday morning as I was leaving for work, and they had completed the job before I got home. I couldn't be happier. The chimney looks great! they matched the bricks perfectly, and the flashing and the cap look great as well. Though I only met them briefly, the crew seemed courteous and professional, which was confirmed by my wife later in the day who had nothing but good things to say. I would definitely recommend them, and will use them again. Thanks!

1 review , ON

AC/furnace

Great service , qualified professionals
I would recommend this company to family / friends , will be using them for other things such as duct cleaning fire plc maintenance , gutters etc ...
All around great

Thanks for your review

Elena from WENDOVER
Elena from WENDOVER
2 reviews , ON

Air conditioner installation

Alex and his team partner installed an air conditioner in my house. They were professional, polite, good communicators, as well as their work was fast, clean and to my full satisfaction.

Thank you for your review.

Rob from Ottawa
Rob from Ottawa
12 reviews Ottawa, ON

Wood Stove, Chimney Cleaning

I received a Wood Stove, Chimney Cleaning in preparation of the wood burning season and found that the Top Hat crew was courteous, efficient and they did a good job.
The price was quite reasonable and I would definitely recommend their service.

Thanks for choosing Top Hat.

More about Top Hat Home Comfort Services

Top Hat Home Comfort Services has been providing quality repairs, maintenance and improvement services for the Ottawa valley since 1974.