General Contractors

Jas18purr in Guelph
Jas18purr in Guelph
1 review Guelph, ON

Insulation

We had insulation put in our roof. We did have a few issues ; for example, not enough insulation was put in and we ended up with some cold drafts. Our house felt colder than before the insulation was added. A extremely competent and very nice man called Sammie came to our house and fixed things. He added 4 more inches of insulation that was missing and that we had already paid for. He also insulated an area, that should of been insulated by GNI, that has corrected the cold draft problem. Pros: they corrected their mistakes.
Cons: the mistakes should never had been made in the first place. Always check any companies work to see if you get the insulation you paid for.

Chuck in Dundas in Hamilton
Chuck in Dundas in Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

Attic Insulation

The sales rep Bill was very professional and knowledgeable. Henry and Dave arrived at the scheduled time and were very professional in explaining to me exactly what they were going to do. They also answered all my questions as they proceeded through the process of increasing the level of insulation in the attic. Contrary to what I expected they were very neat and tidy. Nothing for me to clean up.
When they had finished the job I mentioned to Dave that i was going to have the existing soffits removed and new ventilation holes installed. He told me it wasn't necessary because they had uncovered them during this process and all was good. An instant savings of a couple of thousand dollars.
Very, very satisfied with GNI and Henry and Dave especially!

Potsy in Annan
Potsy in Annan
1 review Annan, ON

Little red barn

GNI was flexible with scheduling due to the weather conditions. The guys did an excellent job, the cold temp created a little delay. They work through the issue.

Ron in Thamesford
Ron in Thamesford
1 review Thamesford, ON

home insulation

Company was on time and people were very professional. Work was done in good order and the clean up was excellent and everything was explained clearly. There were two things done blown insulation and foam. We would like to thank Dan and Orvil and Henry and Jake for their good work.

Terry in Richmond Hill
Terry in Richmond Hill
4 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

INSULATION in attic

I needed insulation in my attic BADLY!!! I saw the positive feedback Great Northern Insulation was receiving on HomeStars so I chose this company. Glenn came out to give me a quote. He was very friendly and easy to deal with. Then booking the appointment. Fast and easy!!! Not only that but I asked if they would call me should an opening come up and THEY CALLED!!! And I was able to get it done 3 weeks sooner. What a great process so far! Then the day came... the crew was RIGHT ON TIME!! and they were CLEAN and super nice. They were careful to do a thorough job, took their time to ensure it was done right. I felt that they did not cut any corners. So in short I am extremely happy with my experience with this company. I highly recommend them... OH and most important... the house is noticeably warmer upstairs now.... which makes the entire thing worthwhile. Thank you to everyone at Great Northern Insulation!!! Terry

Hi Terry.
We're thrilled that we went over and above your expectations! Glad to hear you're noticing a difference in the temperature of you home already. Thank you again for choosing Great Northern Insulation!

Private User reviews Delhi, ON

Crawlspace foam insulation

The Great Northern Insulation guys came bright and early to spray foam the crawlspace and started to set up right away. Forty-five minutes later they were done, I was very impressed with the excellent job they did. They even sprayed a happy face on the back wall which I found quite amusing. I would highly recommend this company to my friends. Thanks to the whole gang at Great Northern Insulation.

Melanie in Barrie
Melanie in Barrie
1 review Barrie, ON

Attic Insulation Done Today

Moved into my current home two months ago. Had been told the attic insulation needing improving. Called two other local companies. LEft a voicemail with one. Actually spoke to another guy who said he would come out and see me but I never heard from him again. Well about two weeks ago I just got fed up with the temperature difference between downstairs and upstairs, constantly cranking up the heat or using space heaters. Called Northern. Was called back by the area rep. Sorry I can't recall his name but maybe Brent. He was able to give me a quote immediately and I received an electronic one the next day. The work was done today.\, so very quickly. And, they were in and out. I didn't catch the two guys names. They were friendly and knowledgeable. I think they did a good job, as I can already feel the difference walking up my stairs, it's not like walking into a fridge anymore. My only request would be that they should be able to show a before and after photo, so i could have had a look for myself. But no biggie! And they were very careful to take their boots off as it sure is mucky out there today. I'm very grateful and would recommend them. Thank you!

Borka in Toronto
Borka in Toronto
1 review St. Catharines, ON

Attic Insulation

GNI installers Henry and Jake did an outstanding job installing loose fill cellulose in our attic. First, when they arrived they introduced themselves.
They demonstrated expert knowledge and performance.
Further, they were very polite, answered all our questions making sure we understand the scope of work.
We were impressed with how they did the work without making a mess and cleaned up so everything was left spotless.
If you are planning on insulating your home, and you want a high level of satisfaction from a job well done, we highly recommend Great Northern Insulation. You will be glad that you did.
Henry and Jake were best of the best. Thank very much.
Installers Henry and Jake were best of the best.

The team here at Great Northern Insulation is thrilled to hear such good feedback. Thanks for taking the time to review us!

Private User reviews Brantford, ON

Insulated attic

We were very satisfied with this company . From the quick reply to are questions. They sent out someone to give us a quote. They were very friendly and professional . The two young men that did the work were quick and they did the job very well. Overall we were pleased with the people we dealt with. From the cost to the job.

More about Great Northern Insulation

Great Northern Insulation is an industry leading insulation installer with over 30 years experience. We are the largest insulation company in Ontario and have branches throughout. We are Energy Star and Foam Masters™ certified. We offer Free In-Home Assessment, contact us today to learn more.