Star Custom Shutters

Reviews for Star Custom Shutters

Joy in Richmond Hill
Joy in Richmond Hill

California Shutters throughout the house

I own a detached home with 13 windows (some of them super-sized) and a patio door that needs shutters. Saw them being recommended on RedFlagDeals and called them. They came the next week for measurement and quote, was the cheapest among the 5+ shops I've got quote from (70% cheaper than some of the quotes). Their shutters come with 20 years warranty. After I paid them an initial deposit I waited for about 2-3 weeks before all the shutters were ready. Installation was done within a few hours during a weekday afternoon. My husband was home for the entire process and said they were 'pretty good'. The only thing was that they didn't take much care as to where they put their tools - one of the electric drills they had with them was placed on my bed when my husband went into the bedroom!
It has been 2 years since they installed everything and nothing has happened (*fingers crossed). Overall with the price I paid and the quality of product (not so much service as of yet) I got it is pretty satisfying.

KAREN in Toronto
KAREN in Toronto
3 reviews East Gwillimbury, ON

california shutters

A family friend referred them to us. We are very happy of the quality of the shutters and the service right from the start. We Will definitely recommend to friend/family!

Sherif
Sherif

Great Customer Service and Price

We wanted to get California shutters installed for our bay windows and we shopped around for contractors. I remember the first contractor quoted us over $1000 and asked us to do more windows for volume discount. This company quoted us way lower and was very honest about installing new windows. They suggested we don't install shutters in one room because the lighting wouldn't be good (they were obviously losing a sale by saying that).

On the day of installation they also gave us free paint to paint the frame as our frame was peeling paint.

Overall, I was very impressed.

Charlene in Brampton
Charlene in Brampton

Shutters for every Window in house

Star Shutters was a great company to do business with. They showed up to measure and quote, install and everything went as planned. Their price was excellent and since we were referred to them from a friend - we knew they could do a good job. Overall we did 5 rooms with average size windows and one massive picture window at the front of our house. The blinds are high quality (we went with wood) and we really love them.

Would highly recommend them to anyone needing shutters.

lei wang from Barrie
lei wang from Barrie
2 reviews Barrie, ON

8 window and 1 arch

amazing team! from sales Andy to installation technician. very professional, give you the suggestions and tips, make the shutter perfectly match your home. the installation guys were absolutely unbelievable, 8 windows and 1 arch, less than 50 minutes! and very quiet, I could barely hear anything from downstairs, then the job was done! I'll definitely recommend them.

Ivy in Hamilton
Ivy in Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

Wood shutters

I've had the shutters installed last July and I'm very satisfied with the quality and service, from sales to the people who did the installation. Very friendly people to deal with.

Janet in Toronto
Janet in Toronto
3 reviews Whitchurch-Stouffville, ON

All around excellent

From start to finish STAR does not disappoint, impressed with their estimate, then with their customer service (and helpful tips), and then finally with their install; 3000 sq.ft. house had custom wood shutters installed in just over 2 hours (for install only). The guys were polite and efficient...time will tell regarding the quality of materials & workmanship, but as for now it looks great...totally transformed my house & I'm happy.

1 review Simcoe County, ON

California Shutters

Professional and timely service. Gave me a courtesy call prior to processing payments to ensure I was satisfied. Warranty is excellent. Compliments by every visitor on my shutters. Thank you so much!

Shutter installation for 4 windows

Met with the owner for an initial consultation. Agreed on a price. Visited the showroom and finalized down payment and got to see this was a real business with an extensive backing. Am thrilled with the job completed and would definitely recommend. Thank you!

andrew woch/ samia harb in Newmarket
andrew woch/ samia harb in Newmarket
3 reviews Newmarket, ON

Double project

Used STAR's services twice in 5 months. Their shutters made my previous home look beautiful and I believe it helped to sell it in just 2 days. I also install them in my new home this time for our enjoyment. Really great and very good looking product. Excellent service from first visit to installation. It took them only 3 weeks to be back in my house with shutters for 23 windows+ patio door. They explained, more windows- better discount. 2,5 hours later they had them installed all with no mess around. They were the best out of 4 quotes the first time. The second time I had no quotes- called them at once. Excellent product, service and company. Highly recommend to anyone.
Thank you STAR's CUSTOM SHUTTERS.