I should have known this company was too big right from the start. I got repeated calls to confirm that the salesman would be coming, and then that the install team was coming. At one point I confirmed late one evening and still got a call early the next. Too much! Each time they leave a voicemail and ask you to call back, but you just sit in their queue every time. This is minor and I could look past as it is simply annoying, but they changed the terms on me post-install which means I feel like I got tricked. I believe the salesman actually did not know and did not intentionally mislead us, but I still can't look past this.
I purchased a furnace and AC through this company. The salesman was very nice and advised us:
- The warranty through Costco is amazing, with no maintenance requirements.
- Costco Executive Members get 12% back in gift cards instead of the regular 10%.
- If you put it on financing and pay within the first year, you can make those payments on the Costco credit card to get another 1% back.
We scheduled the install for the next day. Once installed, I found out none of this was true.
- The next day, the company called me saying they forgot to get me to sign a form and they were going to come back. That form was filled with maintenance requirements for the warranty. Ok, no problem - I plan on maintaining it in any event but weird that the salesman went on about how I could throw rocks at this machine or ignore it completely and the warranty would still apply.
- Then I jump through all the hoops to setup financing. As I'm reading the final document before signing, I notice that it is through direct withdrawals from my bank account only. Huge strike 2. I cancel the financing and pay with alternate methods.
- Then I received my cashback gift card... for 10%, not 12%.
So now I've paid 3% more which means I may have likely chosen a different company had they been truthful about the price since others quoted slightly more. I wrote to the company explaining this situation before I posted my review to see if the client service would make up for my awful experience. That was 4 days ago and I have not heard from them. Safe to say they don't care, so poor customer service is my final straw. I would NOT recommend this company.