A & S Homes

1-25 Scurfield Ft Gry Winnipeg MB
HomeStars  >  Carpenters in Winnipeg  >  A & S Homes

Reviews for A & S Homes

1 review Winnipeg, MB

Got rid the whole stress

After almost a year looking for a home, we were referred by friends to talk to A and S. They not only understood exactly what we wanted, but showed us different alternatives. Once we made a decision, it went really quick and stressfree. If we only had known that earlier...

New Home Purchase

A&S made purchasing a home easy! Their customer service is unbeatable. Every step of the way we felt taken care of. We absolutely love our new house. We cannot recommend A&S Homes enough!

New Home Build

Although A&S has not been as bad as I was expecting based on reviews, there were some downfalls to building with them. The most important being the craftsmanship of the work being done by the carpenters that they hired. We find that most of the problems with our home are due to the framing of the place. One of the walls on our main floor was not leveled and because of this the cabinets were not flush against the wall. We also noticed during the framing that some of the wood pieces they were using were in very bad shape, nails were sticking out of the wall & ceiling and hallways were not straight.

Also, our fireplace was not centered on the wall it was on (due to framing) and if my husband had not measured it, they would not have fixed it. Unfortunately, A&S did not reply to our initial email about this problem so by the time we contacted them another time, it was the week before possession.

It also seemed to take some time for customer service to respond to any issues we had. We had to send out a few emails before hearing back from someone.

Besides the work of the carpenters, the other contractors for the jobs such as painting and cabinetry have been great. The paint job in the home is fantastic and once they were notified about a few touch ups that needed to be done, they were in the house in no time.

Mark in Winnipeg
Mark in Winnipeg

New Home in Waterford Green

We purchased a home in the fall of 2016 and it was completed in September 2017. The worse part of the whole process was dealing with the agents. The quality of the workmanship has been OK and anything that needed to be repaired was completed in a timely fashion. We were very fortunate to be able to deal with Terri and Patricia in Customer Service. They definitely know the true definition of 'Customer Service'.

Do not build with A & S

A & S will charge you over the top, but only to deliver the absolute minimum with poor craftsmanship and cheap quality materials. A & S after sales service is the worst I have seen so far. They are very arrogant and do not return your phone calls unless you keep on calling them.
The money we spent to build this house was just a waste. A & S homes do not build quality homes and they only post fake good reviews online. Basically everything they do is garbage, paint, drywall, concrete... Their contractors are even worse than them. Our house is just for years old and we have issues from the basement to the roof. A & S did not fix any major issues and we are going to sell this house and build with a better builder.
Do not build with A & S homes and waste your time and money.

New Home in South Point

We bought a home with A & S Homes in South Point brand new in 2012 and we haven’t encountered any issues since. We’ve only done some painting inside since we’ve bought it because of my wife’s personal decorating preferences. Buying a new home you always wonder how much it will depreciate over time, but I haven’t had to do any big repairs since. This by far was the most important aspect to me when I was making the decision to buy a new home because I am very busy and don’t have time to do renovations myself, but I don’t want to spend a bunch of money on repairs either. The home itself has been very durable during our years here. Not once have we had any issues, even with our gas fireplace which I really wasn’t sure if it would hold up all this time.

New Home

My boyfriend and I purchased a house through A & S Homes recently and we love it! It was important for us to move into a finished home so we don't have to do any renovations for a while. The layout is a modern, open concept which is exactly what we wanted. There are many unique qualities to the home that catch the eye such as the high ceilings and beautiful big windows. The home is built really well with sturdy countertops and dark wood cupboards in the kitchen and bathrooms.

Run in Winnipeg
Run in Winnipeg

New house is falling apart in 4 years

When we decided to build with A & S Homes we were excited and their customer service was amazing and they seemed to really care about the quality of the home. However soon after closing on my new home in South Point we realized what they said they stood for was not true or accurate.

We had issues with the electrical, hard wood floors, blowing off roof shingles and a number of other items. A & S has turned a blind eye and refused to fix all the major issues other than drywall cracks and nail popups. Do NOT be tricked by their up-front service because once you buy from A & S you are left with a home with lots of issues.

Do not build with A & S homes

We build a house in South Point with A & S homes in 2012. We just wasted money and time with this cheap builder. You can see Crapmantship (not quality craftsmanship as per A & S website) in their homes.

We had leaky roofs, ice damming, reverse vents covered with a cover with no duct work, gaps in the hardwoods, Squeaky floors, cracked stucco in two years, messy drywalls finishing and the list would go on…. A & S will not fix anything and their customer service is absolutely horrendous.

Sonia in Winnipeg
Sonia in Winnipeg

Purchased show home

A&S is bar none the worts I have encountered, we purchased a home they damaged our floor. 2 years later after being given the run around by them and the home warranty of Manitoba our floor still has not been fixed. They are a disgrace to builders, and I believe I am not the only one thinking this way. I would never buy another from them and would not recommend them to my worst enemies!