A-1 Shutter King Interiors

HomeStars  >  Shutters & Blinds in Etobicoke  >  A-1 Shutter King Interiors

Reviews for A-1 Shutter King Interiors

Darlene in Mississauga
Darlene in Mississauga

Blinds for my home and many of my friends homes

I have been ordering blinds from A 1 Shutter King for the last 20 years. Every approx. 6 years that I move I call Peter. I have recommend Shutter King to everyone I know and without any disappoint what so ever from anybody. In fact they now recommend Shutter King to all of their friends. Sometimes you come across a client that no matter what you do, they will never be happy with anything. I was shocked to read the other review and had to put in what my experience was with Shutter King. Call them - they give incredible discounts as well as fantastic service. You won't be disappointed.

Meghan in Toronto
Meghan in Toronto

Two Shades for Residential Windows

We were looking for some shades. Found Shutter King on the queensway and booked a time to pop into the showroom. Dee was very accommodating - i have a 5 month old! We popped in and took a look at samples - decided what we liked and Peter came out to our place 3 days later to measure. He said the shades would be in, in about 3 weeks. He called me at about 2.5 weeks to say they were ready and wanted to come install the following week. They arrived on time - snapped the shades in in like 20 minutes and were out the door! Very reasonable - great selection - very helpful - prompt - all made in Canada! (Sun Project Shades)

I gave this company a 10/10 when they did the installation in February 2011. However, about 5 months after the black out shade was installed in my daughters room, it began to get caught in the cassette and actually frayed a bit on one side. I called Shutter King in before the July 1st long weekend (2011) to have them come and look at it, or adjust it etc. and I never heard back from them. I left a message initially. I called back about 4 weeks later and got Dee on the phone. She apologized for not getting back to me saying they were out of the country. She assured me that she would have Peter call me back to arrange a time to come out to the house.

Two more weeks went by and I hadn't heard back. I called again and got Dee, she said she was busy and to call back and leave a message with my information and she would make sure Peter called me. I did as she asked - having left my information 3 times now. I also told her that if i didnt hear back in a couple days I would call again. I didnt hear back, so i called again and got Peter. He said he could come out on a Friday (this is now into September), so i agreed. I was home all morning and afternoon on the day we arranged, and Peter did not show up, or call me at all. I was angry and called at the end of the day to see what happened, he informed me that he had forgotten. I said look, what is the problem here, I called months ago, with a minor issue and have been stood up. He said it was just scheduling, despite the fact that I was available at any time he indicated. He assured me he would be out first thing monday morning and i said ok. Monday rolled around and he stood me up again. I waited all morning.

At this point I was furious and called the manufacturer to see what could be done. I spoke with SunProject directly and they informed me that the shade would be fixed or replaced free of charge as its within 2 years of purchase. They did inform me that Shutter King would have to do the work. Christine at SunProject called Shutter king and told them they HAD to come out to fix my issue and she informed me that if I did not hear back from them or have my shade fixed in a day or two to call her back.

Only after I went to the manufacturer to get advice did Peter and his assistant come out to my home. I got a very rude message from Dee informing me that they would be at my house at a certain time - not asking if I was available then, just telling me. They arrived and Peter was unfriendly and looked put out by the whole thing. They ended up fixing the shade - adjusting the alignment and cutting off the bottom 10 inches or so and refastening the weight bar at the bottom - it took about 30 minutes.

When they were leaving Peter just walked out the door, did not apologize for the wait or inconvenience or for standing me up twice with no explanation. Luckily I am at home with a baby and am available pretty well anytime, I can't imagine what it would have been like if I needed to arrange to work from home.

After the follow-up experience with this company I will NEVER use them again for the many window coverings that my house still needs, nor will I recommend them to any friends, several of whom have just purchased homes. Nor will I use them for any future house I purchase.

Absolutely terrible customer service for something that could have been solved in 30 minutes a week after I called. I don't know how they keep any clients, or have repeat business.

Review has 1 previous version