Busy Beaver Construction

Nolanshire Cresent NW Callgary AB
Owner/Manager
Francois Desfosses [Full profile]
HomeStars  >  Decks in Calgary  >  Busy Beaver Construction
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Busy Beaver Construction

Art and Myrna in Calgary

We are very happy with Busy Beaver's work on our deck. They began and completed the work on schedule. François, the owner, provided, but didn't impose, design ideas during his initial visit to provide an estimate. He was very willing to execute our plan. He came by the site every day to oversee the project and answer any questions we had. Christina in the office was also readily available and very helpful in answering questions and coordinating work with our privately-contracted subcontractors, who did the railings, the lighting and the gas lines. The two crews who did the deck construction work (Wilson and his dad on post-holes, and Noel and Kevin on construction and clean-up) were highly experienced, conscientious and efficient. We really can't speak highly enough of Noel. Their teams were specifically assigned to our job, made us their number one priority, and worked uninterruptedly on our deck until completion four days later. This was a pleasant change from contractors who like to come and dabble for a few hours at a time between other jobs. We're really enjoying our beautiful new deck.

Job Price

Art and Myrna it was a pleasure working with you and we are very happy you are pleased with the way everything turned out. Thank you very much for the wonderful review and we hope you enjoy your deck for many years to come. Christina and Francois

Carmen and Harley Calgary

We added to an existing deck and they incorporated the 2 areas seamlessly and beautifully. We interviewed a few contractors and chose Busy Beaver for a few reasons - Francois had great design ideas, gave us a detailed breakdown of the work and cost and responded quickly.
We had an aggressive timeline due to our son's upcoming wedding and he came through as promised and even earlier than we expected. We are so grateful for that.
His crew is extremely professional, hard working, clean and quick.
We also appreciated Christina keeping us informed and following up with us throughout the project.
We know this is quality work and we will enjoy our new deck for years to come. We would highly recommend them.

Job Price

It was a pleasure working for you both as well. We did the extension using a different product line of composite(Timbertech) and it went well with the existing deck. The Faux rock skirting also added a nice touch to the existing deck. We hope the wedding went well and everyone enjoyed your new outdoor space. Thank you for the kind words. Have a great summer!!

Christina and Francois

Faun from Calgary

The whole experience was professional, easy, and quality. We found a contractor who did what he said, on time and on budget. :)
We had already torn out our old deck. Francois came to assess, gave great suggestions, had plans and a quote to us within days.
We did have to wait about 2 months for the build to start (we were told this right from the start), but once the work began, it was incredibly quick and painless.
All inquiries were answered promptly, the worksite was cleaned up, the craftsmen were friendly and professional.
Would happily recommend Francois and his team to anyone looking for a new deck.

Linda from Calgary

In 2013 when my back deck needed replacing I did extensive research on deck builders and I chose Busy Beaver because 1) I couldn't find one negative comment about them and 2) Francois understood what I wanted to achieve. The result was a replacement of the existing plus an addition. I was very pleased with that job so this year when the front porch needed replacing I already knew who I wanted to build it. This time I chose a composite and it turned out beautifully. Francois suggested I go bigger and add lights and I am so happy I did. His carpenter Noel did a fantastic job . My goal was to enhance the front entry to my home. That goal was achieved and then some. Every time I step out my front door I am so thrilled with the result. It looks great in the day time and with the addition of the lighting it looks great in the night time too. So to anyone needing a new porch or deck I would recommend you go with composite and I would highly recommend your contractor be Busy Beaver Construction. Customer satisfaction is number one with them. From Francois who arrived promptly to give me a quote and offer suggestions, to Christina who ordered and expedited the material and gave colour suggestions, to Noel who worked ten hour days to complete the project in a timely manner, to Devon who delivered the materials and cleaned up after the job was finished. They were all a pleasure to deal with.

Glen from Calgary

We are absolutely thrilled with the job Francois and his folks did for us. The job was handled most professionally from start to finish and exceeded our expectations thanks to Francois' knowledgeable advice. The project was completed on schedule and according to budget. They also left the worksite in better condition than it was when the job started. I highly recommend Busy Beaver for your deck and fencing projects.

Karen from Calgary

Exceptional is the word I would use to describe Busy Beaver Construction! From the moment we met with Francois, we were very impressed with his commitment to excellence and customer satisfaction. Francois and his entire crew were professional, personable, and demonstrated that they truly care about their customers and the projects that they undertake. We were extremely pleased at every stage of this project and are thrilled with the final appearance of our deck. I could not recommend this company more highly to anyone who is looking to have a deck constructed. I would not hesitate to contact Francois again should we have another project to complete. Well Don Busy Beaver Construction!!!

JOHN WALCOTT from Calgary

After interviewing 6 contractors and discussing plans for a large deck build, I choose Busy Beaver Construction. I met francois in my home twice before choosing him.

We chose him to do our job because he made us feel very
comfortable in moving forward
with the design explaining the
whole process with a detailed
quote. His professionalism and
attention to small details made us
very happy with our decision to
choose his company. If your
looking for the cheapest, I am sure
you could find them as we did, but the feeling I got from speaking
with them is you get what you pay
for. From prep to clean up was
done was completed on time and
to our satisfaction.

Great job

My wife and I heard so many stories about jobs being done but we now have someone we can count on to get job done.

Christa from Calgary

Busy Beaver constructed my deck over almost ten years ago and did a fanstastic job. On time and on budget. I just recently sold my house and the new owners requested a "reinforcement" of the railing. Even though it has been almost a decade since the build, Francois returned my call immediately and came by within days. Busy Beaver is an excellent company. Fast, friendly, courteous and very professional. I appreciate all of their help with this situation and would recommend their services to everyone.

Jordan Bosch in Calgary

Found Busy Beaver Construction at the Calgary Home garden Show. Francios (Owner) is an awesome guy who really cares about the work he does. He was super knowledgeable and easy to talk to ask questions. The work was spot on and the quality of wood was great! Quite noticable compared to the lumber I was getting for my fence from home depot. Great work!

March in Montreaux

Received a quote within 2 days after first phoning to inquire about services. Estimate was very detailed which put confidence in my decision to award the job. Fence was done in time promised and to my specifications which made me very happy. Guys cleaned up nicely and was overall a pleasant experience.

More about Busy Beaver Construction

Building quality custom Decks and Fences in Calgary since 1999. We specialize in all types of materials, and guarantee high quality craftsmanship. A+ Member with BBB Call us today for a free estimate 403-286-5400 Or visit our website at busybeaverconstruction. com