Verdun Windows And Doors

Reviews for Verdun Windows And Doors

Jean-Sébastien in Ottawa
Jean-Sébastien in Ottawa

Window replacement

Very pleased with the quality of the windows and the service provided by Verdun Windows and Doors. Their rep Michel Malette is very thorough and professional. Every step of the project went very smoothly. Furthermore, the warranty offered by Verdun is simply the best of the industry!

Anne Ottawa Ont. in Vars
Anne Ottawa Ont. in Vars

Replace old windows

A couple of years ago we had two window replaced and liked them so this year in May we had four windows installed by Verdun installers. They were quick, efficient and clean and left us with beautiful windows.
The sales rep was knowledgeable and friendly. All in all it was a great experience.

Thanks so much Anne for your kind review - we truly appreciate you leaving it.

Grahmac in Kanata
Grahmac in Kanata

New windows

Workers excellent. Kevin and crew outstanding. Quick installation in awful weather
Windows look spectacular! More words more words and more words. The one who's talking is about as well as you think you should have done before it was done and then we got to get towed and then you could bring it back

Thank you so much for your review - we appreciate it! (Sorry about the minimum number of words - it's a Homestars requirement!)

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Window Replacement to get GreenOn Rebate

I decided to update my old energy inefficient windows in order to get the GreenOn rebate. (I had not done so previously as I like the character of the old inside inward opening windows). I first visited a showroom and was impressed with the Revocell windows, and then had a salesman to the house. Very pleased with his service and responses to my numerous questions, although at times it was difficult to get in touch with him. He was very cooperative and open to a number of options. I made my choice close to the deadline for the GreenOn Rebate and was promised the windows in early Oct, a promise that was not met.
When the windows were installed I was extremely impressed with the installers (Chris and Simon) and would rate Chris as one of the best tradesman I have ever worked with. He is the main reason I would recommend Verdun so highly.
My one concern is that both the salesman and measurer were aware of my intent to reinstall the old inside character windows, over the new windows. Nevertheless I am not now able to do so. lf the jam on the window was 1" wider I would be able to do this but now I cannot and will have to find a work around solution. I acknowledge that the salesman had advised that this was not the design of the windows and I would have to do it myself but don't understand why the jam on the windows could not have been 1" wider.
Nevertheless, despite this I am very pleased with the windows and extremely impressed by the work done by the installers and their cooperation with me.

Thank you so much for your review and feedback - we truly appreciate you taking the time to share.

Joe Testa in Nepean
Joe Testa in Nepean

very positive experience

i want to take this time to let you know,how happy,I am with my windows and the service,
from start to finish it has been a very positive experience.

I want to point out Jean Mark and Evan, there work ethic and attention to detail even,with the weather,these two men worked diligently to get my project completed, I am so happy to have
had my windows installed by these men.

I will not hesitate to refer my family, friends and neighbors to Verdun windows and doors.

Hi Joe. Thrilled to read that you had such a wonderful experience. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and sharing your experience with us and others.

Melanie in London
Melanie in London

Window Installation

Kevin and Joe were very professional with their installation in a timely manner and answered any questions I had.
Only issue is my basement window was not measured correctly when the price estimation and paperwork were completed therefore a new window needed to be ordered and installed for me at another time. Only a few weeks between the two days though!

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review Melanie, we appreciate it.

Sheila Cameron in Vars
Sheila Cameron in Vars

An Excellent Job

Kevin and Joel did an excellent job on a tricky install (huge Bay window in an older house on the coldest day of the year). Very pleasant about it too, even with working under extreme weather conditions. They got right to the work and delayed their lunch break until very late in the afternoon to ensure the new window was in place so we wouldn't freeze in the house any more than necessary. You could tell they work well as a team together and know what they are doing with Kevin as the lead and they cleaned up everything, leaving the worksite better than they found it.

Thanks Sheila - your feedback is appreciated.

MO in Ottawa
MO in Ottawa

Frustrating experience

I ordered windows and doors in Feb 2018. The windows were installed in July (almost 2 months later than initially promised), however we had issues with 4 out of the 9 windows. (No frosting on bathroom windows, cracked sash, missing dryer vent). 2 of those issues have been addressed and they just told me the remaining two are ready for installation (Nov 2018).

The doors have been ready for installation since August, but they are choosing to install windows instead. I am still waiting for a final date. I have asked for a discount on the total order, but Verdun has refused saying "we are all in the same boat". I disagree.

Good day Mo

I do sincerely apologize for this experience. Kindly call me at the office 613 443-2694 and I will help get everything resolved as soon as possible

Alec

Doug in Nepean
Doug in Nepean
1 review Ottawa, ON

Installation of two green-on windows

Kevin and his partner showed up 5 minutes ahead of the appointed hour (7AM). I was impressed with their efficiency and "durability". Kevin was working outside - the temperature was about -20C, and in spite of that, he was cheerful, pleasant and clearly competent. It is a pleasure to deal with skillful workers who know their job and treat the work environment with respect. I would happily recommend the company and the work crew who served me.

Thanks so much for your review Doug. We will let Kevin & his partner know you appreciated their work!

Fred2013 in Cumberland
Fred2013 in Cumberland

Install 3 windows

We wanted to change our front windows. We heard about the GreenOn rebates offered by the Government of Ontario. We shopped around and decided that Verdun Windows best suited our requirements. Michel Mallette was very professional in his presentation and very knowledgable about the rebate program. He took care of all the requirements for the rebate program. The installation was done in a very professional manner by Jean-Claude and his colleague. They were very personable and completed the job quickly and cleanly. I would highly recommend this team of installers and the salesman.

Thanks Fred for the lovely review - we appreciate you taking the time to write it.

More about Verdun Windows And Doors

Our History

Verdun Windows and Doors has been proudly serving the Ottawa-Carleton region since 1982. Before the doors opened, we laid out 4 key core principles to our business that we constantly recommit ourselves to:
- Integrity our reputation is based on it. We have a genuine appreciation for your business and patronage.
- Honesty in everything we do. This is the only way to build trust with our customers.
- Efficiency in every aspect of our business. From manufacturing, to sales, to installation, to the follow up post sale.
- Accuracy whether we’re pricing a job out for you, or measuring on an installation, accuracy ensures that no surprises come up inconveniently.

Where We Are Today and Our Future - 34 years later and growing…
200 employees
42,000 square foot one-of-a-kind manufacturing facility in Ottawa
The largest installation team in the Ottawa-Carleton region for residential window replacements and new installations
National industry leading organization
Our future doesn’t include just being content with our industry-leading reputation. Part of our success has been a constant re-commitment to the principles which have brought us to where we are today. When you give us the opportunity to earn your business, we take that trust very seriously and appreciate it — the same way we did over 34 years ago.
Vinyl windows, replacement windows, new windows, casement windows, double slider windows, double hung windows, fixed windows, custom windows, awning windows. Patio doors, front doors, side doors, back doors, Window, door and patio door installation. Siding installation. Custom window installation, Front door, side door, patio door, casement, double slider, double hung, fixed, bay window, half moon, custom sizes, colors, trellis & glazing.