Verdun Windows And Doors

Windows & Doors Installation & Service
104 Clement St Vars ON K0A 3H0
HomeStars  >  Windows & Doors Installation & Service in Ottawa  >  Verdun Windows And Doors

Reviews for Verdun Windows And Doors

D. T.
D. T.
7 reviews Ottawa, ON

Replace 8 windows

I chose these windows for their efficiency in a lower profile style. The install was very difficult in this 120 yr old house. The Verdun fellows, Kevin, Sylvain and Joe were incredible. I was concerned about how this would go, considering the age of the house, but I was immediately set at ease by the professional and easy going nature of Kevin and his crew. Each problem was solved as it came up without difficulty. I am not easily impressed, but Kevin and his crew impressed me greatly by their work ethic and positive dispositions. I would like to have them work on every job I need done !! Excellent job

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your review - we appreciate it. We’ll be sure to pass your comments on to the team!

Sheila in Ottawa
Sheila in Ottawa
6 reviews Ottawa, ON

Window installation

Two years ago we had Verdun replace some aging windows on our bungalow. We liked the windows so much that we decided to have the rest of the windows upgraded by Verdun this summer. The windows were installed yesterday - crew was great, competent and efficient, left the jobsite clean, windows are perfect. We would recommend Verdun windows without any hesitation.

We love repeat customers! Thanks for trusting us again Sheila and for taking the time to leave this review!

Susan W in Vars
Susan W in Vars

Patio doors , Front and back doors

Maxime Mainville was amazing he took the time to listen and was able to get our order completed on an amazingly short deadline. He went above and beyond on our special project.
Installation team was great. On time and installed and completed the job with a professional attitude. They even cleaned up afterwards. We are very happy with our new doors.

Glad you had such a great experience Susan! That's definitely what we like to hear. Thanks so much taking the time to leave your review, we truly appreciate it!

Chris FEtterly in Vars
Chris FEtterly in Vars

Good product and service

This is the second time we had Verdun change windows. We did half one year and the remainder this year. They are very professional, clean and quick. I would recommend them anytime.

Chris - we love repeat customers! We are so glad that you were as pleased the second time around as you were the first. Thanks for leaving your review!

Job Well Done in Ottawa
Job Well Done in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Elmvale Acres Window Replacement ( 1958 Bugalow : Campeau )

Although I was contemplating replacement of my first floor ( Living/Dining Room, bathroom and Bedroom (office), it was the Green On Energy program that prompted me to replace my four basement windows as well. Contact was made in March and contract signed in April. Due to high volume consumers taking advantage of the program, delivery was estimated to be 14 - 17 weeks. Actual fact was more like 20 but I was ok with this as long as we beat the snow! Today Verdun installed all 7 windows. Flawless and professionally done by long time employee Ghislaine, and his associate Kyle. I was very impressed by how quickly they took control of the process. Highly recommend these guys. P.S I am an ex Window and Door sales guy with over 8 years experience . I am still involved in the home and condo business providing hardware products to the many builders and contractors in Eastern Ontario (past 21 years and still going!). I have seen the Good and the Bad. These guys are the Good. My only issue with Verdun is the lack of communication between my sales guy and me as to what and when things were happening. No excuse for this. A simple email reply or call was all I needed. I had to press for this. All in all, I will use them again and recommend Verdun!

DR
Elmvale Acres, Ottawa

Hello,

We are glad that your installation went off without a hitch - we will let Ghislain & Kyle know that you were pleased with their work.

We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience with our sales representative at your earliest convenience. Please feel free to connect with our Sales Manager, Alec Bigras at (613) 443-2694.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Private User reviews , ON

Awful experience!

We had an awful experience with Verdun and will never be hiring this company again and highly recommend you don't either!

In short, we ordered front and back doors in December, 2016. It took them until February, 2017 to cash our deposit despite numerous inquiries. They also had to return to our home in February to re-measure both doors - so they didn't even order our doors until at least February.

Finally we received an install date in May, 2017. The crew showed up and we had no problems with the back door but the front door was the wrong door AND didn't fit (despite measuring twice). By the time they discovered the door didn't fit they had already destroyed our original front door. So they installed a temporary door and slapped a 6" piece of crow molding at the top to plug the gaping hole. The insulation and doorbell wires were all left exposed while we waited for our door to arrive.. again.

We were told they would re-order and it would take 4-6 weeks.

Finally were told our door had arrived and would be installed in September - 20 weeks later and 14 weeks after their longest ETA.

Throughout this whole ordeal we had terrible service and poor communication from Verdun. They constantly gave us excuses and blamed their suppliers for the late deliveries. They provided no compensation or even an apology for this terrible service.

Hello. Obviously we did not put our best foot forward during this installation and we would like to apologize for that. Could you kindly contact Alec Bigras, our Sales Manager at (613) 443-2694, we would like to investigate this further as we cannot identify you without a name. We definitely value our customers much more than this ordeal indicates and would like an opportunity to make it up to you. Thank you.

Pat and Rick in Goulbourn
Pat and Rick in Goulbourn

Window replacement

Last week we had 15 windows replaced in our home. Chris and crew member Simon did the work. We were extremely pleased with their efficient and professional installation. They were courteous and considerate. They left the job site clean. We highly recommend Chris and his team. Our only issue was with management in that they failed to give us updates on the status of our windows when requested, even after leaving numerous messages which seemed to be ignored. The timeline they set up was unrealistic and installation eventually occurred 4 weeks after the initial projected date. All in all, we would still highly recommend Verdun Doors and Windows because of Chris and his team.

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review Pat & Rick, we do appreciate you taking the time. We'll pass on your praise to Chris & his team.

Patrick in Goulbourn
Patrick in Goulbourn

Replacement Windows

After extensive research we selected Verdun to replace all the windows in our bungalow. We are extremely pleased with the look and operation of the installed windows. A huge factor was the installation team of Jean Marc and Evan who worked carefully and professionaly to deliver a great project. We were impressed with their courtesy and consideration for the property - with all the old materials cleaned up and taken away. Highly recommend Verdun and this install team!

Hi Patrick

This is wonderful happy to hear all went well!

Thank you for the kind words!

Regards

Sue Tucker in Ottawa
Sue Tucker in Ottawa

New Door!!!

I had a new front door installed by "Team Chris Neil'' along with some follow up to fix a few small things such as my doorbell and my lock-I was very happy with the prompt courteous service.
Yours Truly,
Sue Tucker

Hi Sue
This is great I will pass along to Chris and his crew!!
Happy to hear all went well!
Best regards

Martin in Ottawa
Martin in Ottawa

Windows

I had 17 windows installed in May. Shortly after installation I noticed a gap between the window and the frame on all 17 windows. Three months later the problems are still not fixed. I am now at a point where I am looking for an independent company to perform an air test in preparation for court action. Their "No Bull" warranty has proven to be nothing but "Bull". Anyone wanting to avoid this hassle should use another, more reliable company.

Good day Mr Evison.

We have been to service the reported issue with the windows. The weather stripping excess had failed to be cut at the shop therefor creating an improper seal. We have since returned and remedied the situation. You had requested an air test that we willingly set up with the shop technician and the same Verdun service tech that fixed the reported issue. On that day, you refused the air test in question and required a different test be conducted.
We did receive a call at the office from you understanding our testing methods were not what was expected. If you wish to proceed with the our proposed test prior having your own we are definitely willing to move forward and happy to reschedule the test. Unfortunately, it is difficult for us to assist you without being granted access to your home to conduct these tests.

We do apologize for the inconvenience and in no way is your warranty compromised. As mentioned, we are happy to work with you to come to a resolution that works for you. If you would like to proceed please call Alec at (613) 443-2694.

More about Verdun Windows And Doors

Our History

Verdun Windows and Doors has been proudly serving the Ottawa-Carleton region since 1982. Before the doors opened, we laid out 4 key core principles to our business that we constantly recommit ourselves to:
- Integrity our reputation is based on it. We have a genuine appreciation for your business and patronage.
- Honesty in everything we do. This is the only way to build trust with our customers.
- Efficiency in every aspect of our business. From manufacturing, to sales, to installation, to the follow up post sale.
- Accuracy whether we’re pricing a job out for you, or measuring on an installation, accuracy ensures that no surprises come up inconveniently.

Where We Are Today and Our Future - 34 years later and growing…
200 employees
42,000 square foot one-of-a-kind manufacturing facility in Ottawa
The largest installation team in the Ottawa-Carleton region for residential window replacements and new installations
National industry leading organization
Our future doesn’t include just being content with our industry-leading reputation. Part of our success has been a constant re-commitment to the principles which have brought us to where we are today. When you give us the opportunity to earn your business, we take that trust very seriously and appreciate it — the same way we did over 34 years ago.
Vinyl windows, replacement windows, new windows, casement windows, double slider windows, double hung windows, fixed windows, custom windows, awning windows. Patio doors, front doors, side doors, back doors, Window, door and patio door installation. Siding installation. Custom window installation, Front door, side door, patio door, casement, double slider, double hung, fixed, bay window, half moon, custom sizes, colors, trellis & glazing.