Electronic Repairs
379 Shutter St Toronto ON M5A3x1
Electronic Repairs
AMI ELECTRONICS And Repair Service Inc.

Reviews for AMI ELECTRONICS And Repair Service Inc.

Dave from Toronto
Dave from Toronto

Old Record Player / Radio

I have an old record player / radio that was my grandmothers, speakers and radio was not working well. Came over in only a couple days to my house, fixed the sound as best he could and added a hook up for my IPhone. Could have done a bluetooth. Anyway, it is not perfect but we are very happy with the job - it is what it is. We could have gone much more expensive as he could have done more but we are happy with $150.00 fix. I do recommend him!

Review has 1 previous version
Trevor from Toronto
Trevor from Toronto

Repair motherboard for gas stove

M5C 3H6

I have an approx 20yr old stove and a replacement electronics control board costs 1000 for some reason. Oscar fixed it for 250 and its working perfectly. When I dropped it off he said the cost was 250, if i put in back in and it didn't work, he would come to me house (!) and try and get it working, and if that still didn't work, he would refund half my money. I was stunned. Gave me a 1 yr warranty on his repair. This guy is awesome.

Parkdalian in Toronto
Parkdalian in Toronto

Repair of WD My Studio External HDD PCB with encryption

Oscar is a genius!

I have a WD MyStudio external hdd full of irreplaceable photos and it wouldn't turn on. Unfortunately WD encrypts your information on this HDD whether you like it or not.
I determined that the PCB with a unique encryption chip had failed. The only way I could retrieve my data was either to find another exact copy of this PCB, which turned out to be impossible, or send the drive to a data recovery specialist who would charge $1000 to retrieve the data. A third way occurred to me: fix the PCB. Who could do something so fiddly and complicated? Well, it turns out Oscar Mones can. I couldn't believe it when I took the PCB home, installed it on the HDD and it WORKED!! He determined which components were defective and replaced them and I have retrieved several years-worth of photos. Hats off to AMI Electronics

Issie in Toronto
Issie in Toronto

Electric baseboard thermostat and regulator

M5C 3H6

I wired my baseboard heater complex controls incorrectly and blew the electronics in the system’s regulator. AMI made repairs that seemed to work but in fact the temperature control was always on a high setting. AMI took the electronics back to solve the temperature regulator’s feedback without extra service fees and the heaters are working perfectly. I trust AMI services. Much thanks, Issie

Ramiro in Toronto
Ramiro in Toronto

Found parts for a nine year old Sony LCD TV

M5C 3H6

Oscar was amazing. Came to my house and picked up my TV which was broken by my kids playing swords. Oscar was able to source difficult parts through other TVs and returned my TV in working order.

Great service and very responsive. Highly recommended.

Debbie from Scarborough
Debbie from Scarborough

PVR Repair

I am so happy I found Oscar. My PVR suddenly stopped working and all that Rogers could do was to tell me to buy another one. Since I wasn’t inclined to fork out $500 + for a new one as well as lose the 100+ shows I had on my PVR, I went online for alternatives and found Oscar. When we spoke he was up front to advise that my unit may not be fixable, depending on the problem. If it was a hard drive problem I would be out of luck but fortunately it was a power / electrical issue. My unit was fixed within a day and he saved me the cost of a new unit. I recommend and will definitely use Oscar's services again. I could tell he really enjoys his work which is not something you say for most people these days.

dmbooks in
dmbooks in

TV repair

I called Oscar about a Toshiba TV that had sound but no picture. He picked it up the next day, told me what he thought the problem was and gave me an approximate price to fix it. He said he would call the following day to confirm, which he did. He fixed the problem and returned the tv the next day. Oscar was extremely professional, very helpful and the service was fast. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him. Thanks Oscar.

Warren in Markham
Warren in Markham

Repair old Sony Video 8 Handycam

I contacted Oscar to repair my old Sony Video 8 Handycam. I dropped off my Handycam at his store and he would contact me later with a free estimate. A received a call back within a few days and told him to repair the Handycam since the price was reasonable. I picked up the camera and satisfied with the repair and 1 year warranty. Thanks Oscar.

More about AMI ELECTRONICS And Repair Service Inc.

379 Shuter St Toronto ON M5A 1X3
Looking for Electronic Repairs pros in Old Toronto?