McGregor & Thompson Hardware Ltd

McGregor & Thompson Hardware Ltd

Reviews for McGregor & Thompson Hardware Ltd

Private User reviews Mission, BC

Exterior Front door

I have found this company not responsive when it comes to backing up their warranty. Purchased both an two leaf solid wood door for the front entry as well as a 14' center opening 6 panel exterior glass patio door and both units have issues. The front door glazing is frosting up and the glass unit is out of alignment so it does not stay open. I have to put a door stop to prevent it swinging closed by itself. We called McGregor Thompson within the warranty period to ask for their assistance and in both instances they avoided dealing with our issues. We spent just over 20k for both doors with no satisfaction. Would not recommend this company and would not use again.

Vancouver, BC
Vancouver, BC
24 reviews Vancouver, BC

Door Hardware

I did a lot of price comparison for a particular Emtek door hardware, which was mostly sold in the States. The ones in Canada were generally way more expensive then the one in the States. I finally found McGregor Thompson and the price they quoted me was quite comparable to the ones in the States. As it was a special order item, it took a couple of weeks to arrive. The doorknob had a scratch on the chrome surface, but I didn't want the hassle of waiting and getting another one so I didn't complain about the scratch. The staff there was friendly and diligent in following up with my order.

More about McGregor & Thompson Hardware Ltd

AccessSMT’s unmatched expertise allows us to build lasting customer relationships, as a trusted partner in any market sector you are active in. Decades of working with Architects and Designers, Owners, Developers, Contractors, Facility Managers, and Modular Builders give us the experience and insight to successfully deliver solutions and value.
Looking for Building Supplies and Hardware pros in Vancouver?