Polar Windows

672 Kimberly Ave Winnipeg MB R2K 0Y2

Reviews for Polar Windows

Private User reviews Winnipeg, MB

very unhappy

If I could give zero stars, I would. This company was great to deal with, until it came time to stand behind their faulty product. We bought the door just over 3 years ago, and were very happy with everything. Until now. The door cracked, and my opinion of this company has gotten worse and worse as we have had to deal with them. First of all, good luck getting a hold of anyone who will call you back. The seem to go out of their way to make sure they don't have to honour the lifetime warranty. They gave us every excuse in the book as to why the door cracked, and how it was our fault. We were told it cracked from slamming (we don't), to the deadbolt was left open and the door was slammed (nope), that we must have changed the cover plate (we didn't), and finally that it cracked from overuse. I wasn't aware I should be climbing in through the window every other time I get home to ensure I don't over use the door. Finally, they sent someone out to repair it (it was a fight to get them to waive the ridiculous fee associated with that). The man came to fix it, and had a few more excuses of why this was our fault. We open the door and use our hips, and there must be a guest that we have come over frequently who slams the door. He did a pretty Mickey Mouse fix (which he told us it was) and when he was leaving we said "hope this works." to which he replied "not likely". We've sent many more emails, called and left messages, and still have not gotten anywhere. The door is kinda fixed, but the handle and deadbolt do not work properly. This company is all fun and games when you are making a purchase from them, but do so at your own risk...if there is ever a problem with the product, they will go out of their way to make sure they don't have to fix it.

Unhappy Customer
Unhappy Customer

Service

We purchased our back door from Polar Windows because of the life time warranty which was important when making such an expensive purchase. However, we have problems with door package and contacted the company. They will not return calls. We have been trying for over two years to seek satisfaction but to date have not received a call from either Edmonton office or head office in Winnipeg. We have neither service or life time warranty which is something the company prides itself for. We were totally taken by the sales person. The product is very expensive so please be cautious.

In order to respond , we need more info. Please phone 204-956-6500 and ask to speak to Stephen and mention the Homestars review.

baddoor
baddoor

door hinge loose

After only 2 1/2 years after installation the top hinge of our exterior door loosened. It was evident by just looking at the gap between the hinge and the frame. The door was out of alignment and would not even close without being forced. Without even inspecting it, Polar said it was due to house shifting. I consulted an independent structural engineer. They said there was no evidence of house shifting. The outside frame was still completely square and there was no evidence of cracks in the house. Polar came and tightened the screws. Took 10 minutes. Charged me $125. This is for a door with a life time guarantee??? Not satisfied.

Belinda in Calgary
Belinda in Calgary

Windows didn’t even last 10 years

Not even 10 years after having Polar replace all 27 windows in our home, we have water damage from them on the North side of our house including water damage to our kitchen from the upstairs windows leaking into the interior. Windows on the south side all have frames splitting from the sun and are pulling away from the house. CEO in Winnipeg will not doing anything to rectify the south windows and wanted $200 per hour plus materials to correct 2 of the North windows. Their lifetime warranty is non existent. Got the comment from him that Polar has changed hands so you will have no legal recourse. Replacing all our windows again with Lux. Would never recommend Polar.

This review is not accurate and we stand by our best in class warranty.

Terry Dash from Calgary
Terry Dash from Calgary

Repeat customer - installed 3 new windows between studs

Excellent job installing 3 new windows between studs. First class installation, excellent installers. This is our 2nd time that we've used them and we'd use them again. Love the windows. First rate product.

Kristen in Toronto
Kristen in Toronto
1 review Winnipeg, MB

Terrible windows. Terrible service.

They were four months late installing the windows, one day forgot to show up as I waited all morning for them. Now they won’t come out to see how the locks don’t work properly and the water leaking. It’s been three years and they want me to pay for them to come out and see the problems. I live ten minutes from them.

The review is not real or they have mixed up companies as Polar does sell into Toronto.

Private User reviews Winnipeg, MB

WIndows

I did extensive research prior to deciding to purchase my windows. The windows have made a significant difference in heat loss. They are low maintenance. The installers were polite and efficient and installed the windows professionally to insure there is no heat loss. As can be expected with any job this large there was a situation needing to be addressed. The company took my concern seriously and rectified the situation in a highly satisfactory manner. The windows are amazing and i would highly recommend talking with this company if you need new windows. they sell a high-end window.

Carrie D in Winnipeg
Carrie D in Winnipeg
1 review Winnipeg, MB

Great Company

I would highly recommend Polar Windows. From the first contact, when I stepped into the showroom, the service was exemplary.

Bernie showed me all the window options on display, and explained the differences while answering my questions. And was able to book the appointment with a sales agent.

Sales Agent Jeffrey arrived on time, and explained the window options in relation to my home and directions. He spent time explaining the ordering, finalization of an order, and installation processes.

The installation went smoothly and efficiently. Tom and Cory surprised me with how extraordinarily clean they worked. Unlike many other contractors I’ve had in my home there was next to nothing that I had to clean up after they left.

The after installation service has also been unprecedented. The Polar staff says what they mean and means what they say, with follow-up that gets the job done.

Don’t hesitate to place an order!

Dustin in Winnipeg
Dustin in Winnipeg

Windows and doors/customer service

Installation took super long. Had some issues with hardware and door seals after install. Anytime I needed service I had to go to the manager 5o get anything done. Windows look nice.

Lonedeuce in
Lonedeuce in
1 review , AB

Cowardly sales yeam

My initial order was almost 4 weeks late. Upon installation it was discovered that 2 window casing were broken. Also our salesman promised to pick a color of door that was close to what we currently had having a door show up that wasnt even close to the same that we never signed off on was a problem. The installers also claimed they were not informed our blinds needed to go back up. From the beginning we asked the title around our kitchen window be cut that never happened.

Trying to get this done with the least interruption to our family I told them to please come back when the door and windows were ready. 6 months passed and we got a call for a satisfaction survey. I informed them maybe if we had all our windows and our door we would be more inclined to give us a review. They had completely forgotten about us. I was told at the local level that it would be best for me to talk to the president for resolution. His follow up was weak and he passed me on to the production foreman. it took a week for him to figure out what was going on.

The salesman called pleading to let them to make it right. promising restitution from the company and if they didnt come through he would personally make it right.

When the door and windows were finally ready the install coordinator basically refused to work with our schedule claiming they were all ready booked with new customers. By this time had been waiting just about a year for our order to be completed and felt that we should be made a priority over new customers. But the company did not feel the same way or have any urgency to get us taken care of. Once they had our money we were completely forgotten about.

It's been 3 months since we finally got taken care of I have sent 2 emails to everyone in the company that I had emails for and have yet to get one response!! Poor company poor!

More about Polar Windows

SEE, HEAR & FEEL THE DIFFERENCE with Polar Windows and Doors. Customer Focus: our objective's treating every one of our customers as if they are the only customer. We deliver on commitments each and every time, doing things right every day to met our customer's unique needs. For nearly 40 ...
Looking for Windows & Doors Installation & Service pros in Saskatoon?