Hammond Plumbing & Heating Inc

625 Wabanaki Drive Kitchener ON N2C 2G3
Hammond Plumbing & Heating Inc

Reviews for Hammond Plumbing & Heating Inc

Overcharging

Hired Hammond to drain lines in basement for a Reno. Was told it would take half a day, be labour intensive, and cost $1400.00. Sounded a little high, but was told they would drop the price if it was an easy job. 2 plumbers were here for an hour and 15 minuets and they dropped the price by $100. Very disappointed in this service and will not be contacting them for any work in future.

Hello. We regret that you have concerns and would like to gather more information. Please contact us at CustomerService@ServiceExperts.com with your full name on the account, address and phone number and we will follow up with you.

Qian in Newmarket
Qian in Newmarket
1 review Kitchener, ON

Overcharging, not showing up and threaten to send customer to collection agency!

If you want to get overcharged double the hours than were originally agreed upon, wait for their service man to show up 5 hours later because somebody forgot to make notes on the scheduled service agreed upon over the phone or whatever the reason, but later on find out that they didn't know they were supposed to come, and then in the very end of it all get threatened to get sent to the collection agency because you don't agree to the amount they are charging you, this is the place to go. Long story short:
1. I decided to give this company a try due to their good online review, it turned out to be the complete opposite. After explaining what needs to be done, I was quoted for two hours of labour plus parts. My husband later called again to speak with another man who can tell how long the work should take and we agreed to it. And I made it clear that if they could not do the removal within an hour and the reconnect within an hour that we would not use them.
2. The job was for our tenant, so I wasn't there. I ordered a new quartz countertop and sink. The plumber needed to remove the sink and the countertop (as was agreed upon) before the installation and come back after to hook everything back up. The plumber suggested that we wait for two days to let the countertop settle. So the next service was scheduled for Friday morning before 12:00 p.m.
3. Then I got a text from my tenant at around 3:30 pm on Friday saying that no one showed up yet. She was not very happy because she couldn't use their drinking water and she needed to leave the house. I called the plumbing company. THERE WAS NO RECORD OR NOTE mentioning that they were supposed to come on Friday morning. Now they couldn't make it because it was too late, and we had to wait for Monday! There was no way my tenant would wait for Monday without a sink and drinking water. I insisted that they finish the job by the end of the day, and they agreed that they would get the job done. They eventually did make it, around
4. Weeks later, I got a invoice of $565.34!!!! The labour charge equaled to 4.5 hours! Apparently they sent two plumbers instead of one to remove the sink and countertop (we were charged for the second plumber as well), they apparently also charge TRAVEL TIME and because they had to finish the 2nd service late in the day, they charged me overtime while it was fully their fault for not showing up! My husband has been doing kitchen service for over 12 years, removing many bigger countertops by himself, and he is not a big guy. And according to Hammond Plumbing, they ALWAYS send two plumbers if there is a countertop to be removed, which no one mentioned in the beginning while we were talking to them!
5. So we phoned our tenant to ask how many hours they spent. Our tenant said that both services were under an hour. We phoned Hammond Plumbing right after and they said they would look into the recorded phone conversations, which they always record for training purposes and in these sorts of cases.
6. After they reviewed the recording, Samantha(?) called me back saying that they can give us a DISCOUNT, and now I only need to pay three hours of labour: One hour for the first service and two hours for the 2nd service. We still found it hard to believe because we did the same reno at our house two years ago, at that time we had three sinks that needed a plumbing job. The plumber didn't take 2 hours to finish three sinks plus installing three faucets.
7. So we went to their office to try and talk to Samantha, after a while she didn't want to talk anymore (conversation was going nowhere), doesn't suggest that we talk to the owner because the result would be the same but still says that she'll pass on the message, meanwhile making threats about sending us to the collection agency! Althought we made around 5-7 phone calls, only 3 have been recorded and the rest have been conveniently lost.

What a good business to be in. Just bait your customer with a low quote, overcharge them later, and if they don't agree, threathen to send them to the collection agency!

Hello.
We apologize for your experience and would like to look into your situation. Please contact us at CustomerService@ServiceExperts.com with your full name on the account, address and phone number and we will follow up with you.

Private User reviews Kitchener, ON

Toilet and kitchen Faucet

Jake arrived on time, replaced a toilet that wasn't flushing properly and changed a faucet in the kitchen sink. He was efficient, pleasant, knew what he was doing, explained why he was doing it, and cleaned up after himself! I would certainly recommend him and Hammond's to anyone needing plumbing services.

Hello! Thank you for this great review and recommendation!

Saima in Toronto
Saima in Toronto

Over Invoiced Bill ! Wrongful inflation of labour hours

Buyer Beware. This company over-invoiced their labour. For a total of just under 2 hours of work, they charged me 4.5 hours of labour. I lodged a complaint and was told it will be resolved into a final invoice. I even emailed the company letting them know the moment the plumber left... the contact at the company who took my order in the first place was helpful but doesn't seem to have any coordination with their billing department

I spoke to them; emailed them but to this date they keep sending me emails to make payments for non-existential hours & threatening to take me to claims. This is harassment and a fraud for over-invoicing a customer.
I chose this company thinking them the best professionals; but its turning out to be the worst choice.
Scope of Works: Drilling a hole into the kitchen counter to install a drinking faucet and attach a small water filter to the pipe.

Ralph in Kitchener
Ralph in Kitchener
2 reviews Kitchener, ON

Great service as always

I have lived close to Hammond's Wabanaki location for 27 years and have used them many times over the years for all my big and small plumbing issues. Their customer service is second to none. When I go into the show room to ask about any DIY project they always have time for some friendly advice. On several occasions I have needed a small part to complete a project and they have given me the item at no charge.
Once I was looking for a replacement shower head hose and went to the big box retailer where it was purchased. The retailer was going to special order the hose for me and charge me for it and said I would have to wait several weeks for delivery. I decided to check with Hammond even though the hose wasn't purchased there. Hammond staff informed me that there was a manufacturer's warranty on the hose and replaced it for me free of charge - although I did buy them a box of donuts for their trouble.
Today's minor issue was a leaky tap in my basement. I removed the tap and brought it into Hammond to see if it could be salvaged by replacing the washers. After inspecting the tap they gave me an honest assessment of it's corroded condition and advised me to get a new tap. For a couple of bucks more than the replacement washers and screws would have cost me, I bought the new tap. I installed it in minutes once I got home and the leak problem was resolved.
As always Hammond solved my problem at a reasonable price and made the entire project easier for me.

Private User reviews Kitchener, ON

House main drain and 1 other pipe

Called Hammond on Monday to come out and snake our main drain as we were having a draining problem and a blockage. They said they'd come out today (Tuesday) between 12-5pm. Everything was great up to this point.

Today at 5:30pm we hadn't heard from them. I called them and they said their day plumber had already gone home and so had their dispatch, so they'd call me back in 10 minutes to give me an update. After an hour I called them again and they told me they'd be sending the after hour/on call plumber to come. And that they'd call when they were on their way.
No call still but they did show up finally at about 7:30pm.

After snaking the main drain he stated that he poked a hole in the blockage but it was still there and there was nothing else he could do because he didn't have the equipment.

At this point not only where they late, they didn't fix the problem just "poked a hole in it". Didn't even come prepared after being told what the issue was so they knew full well they'd most likely need certain equipment. And we didn't have them do the second pipe at this point because we don't need a plumber to just poke a hole in something we need them to fix the problem. But hey, they can come out another time (at an additional fee of course) with the appropriate equipment and actually fix it.

Will not recommend them, not happy. Poor communication, poor service. If they would have done what they said they'd do then the value would have been great.

Unsatisfied customer in
Unsatisfied customer in
1 review Ayr, ON

Maax shower kit installation

I entered into a tentative agreement to purchase a Maax Utile shower kit on Feb.27/17. The agreement was pending on their installation appraiser approving the work site. The appraiser Simon came to my home and approved the site for the installation of the Maax shower kit.
The original installation date was set for Mar.28/17. I received a call from a company rep named Mark telling me they could not meet the Mar.28/17 date because Maax was unable to supply the shower base and rescheduled the installation for Apr.10/17. I received another call from Mark telling me they were swamped with work and postponed the installation another 2 weeks. They finally showed up on Apr.26/17.
One day into the installation the installers informed me the shower kit would not fit the the job site and additional demolition would be required. The required demolition entailed the removal of a bulkhead that left sections of the walls and ceiling missing. The job site had been approved by Hammonds appraiser for the installation without the bulkhead demolition.
Hammond Plumbing has never offered to repair or rectify in any manner the additional demolition required for the installation due to an error made by their appraiser. I did not request reimbursement from Hammonds but an offer would have been nice.
The one bright spot was the installers Matt and Rob were very professional and pleasant.
I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Wow l had no idea you felt this way. l would have appreciated a phone call so we could work it out to your satisfaction. In review since the Maax shower kit is a new product we had no idea that the bulkhead would be a problem. We worked your job in and called to reschedule and came the day we committed to and stayed until the job was done. l would appreciate a call at the office oe on my cell to discuss if you want. cell number is 519 465 4876. Thanks for letting me know and l pook forward to discussing. Mark

John from Etobicoke
John from Etobicoke

They Did It Twice!!

First:

Apartment building plumbing emergency that could NOT wait. Slight panic.

I called around to over ten other plumbing contractors. All booked. Next day at best.

Then I remembered Hammond. Never used them before but heard good feedback. Solid rep. Gave them a try. Like everyone else, they were all booked for the day at least. HOWEVER, they made the effort to check their plumbers' schedules, look for a potential window, and temporarily redirect one of their plumbers to take care of my emergency without materially impacting their workflow. They literally went that extra mile. Not to mention, the work was top notch, the plumber was very knowledgeable and professional, and quick. I will call Hammond first next time.

Second:

Clogged drain in an apartment unit. Was afraid of overflow from units above. Yikes.

It was a Tuesday. 6:30 pm. I called one of those 24/7 emergency drain companies thinking they would be able to send a plumber out asap in what was a bonafide emergency. Also, clogged drains are supposed to be there specialty. I was told they could send a plumber out on Thursday! Thursday! How is that 24/7 EMERGENCY service?

So, once again I tried Hammond. I would have called them first, but I thought: better to call a company that claims they specialize in drains in this case, as I knew the clog was bad and deep.

Hammond showed up in half an hour and got the job done.

And it's not because they are not busy. The plumber finished up my job at around 8:00 pm and he had two more jobs to go to that evening.

Wow.

Thank you so much for your kind words. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to write this positive review.

Darlene in
Darlene in

We were impressed!

We sprang a leak in our basement. Riley from Hammond plumbing came to rescue us. He went right to work, got the job done as well as other things my husband sprang on him. He was by far the nicest person to deal with and did an excellent job for us. We were so impressed that we wanted to let others know of his quality service. We would not hesitate to hire him again. Hammond plumbing has a real gem there.

Thank you so much for the kind comments

Habs9 in
Habs9 in
1 review Kitchener, ON

New sump pump and water pressure back up

Hammomd came in replaced my old sump pump and instaled a Liberty water pressure back up. He was done in 2hr and did a great job. He showed me how the water pressure system worked and that it functioned withought any problems.

Thank you for the positive review. It is greatly appreciated.

More about Hammond Plumbing & Heating Inc