Hammond Plumbing & Heating Inc

625 Wabanaki Drive Kitchener ON N2C 2G3
HomeStars  >  Plumbing in Kitchener  >  Hammond Plumbing & Heating Inc

Reviews for Hammond Plumbing & Heating Inc

House main drain and 1 other pipe

Called Hammond on Monday to come out and snake our main drain as we were having a draining problem and a blockage. They said they'd come out today (Tuesday) between 12-5pm. Everything was great up to this point.

Today at 5:30pm we hadn't heard from them. I called them and they said their day plumber had already gone home and so had their dispatch, so they'd call me back in 10 minutes to give me an update. After an hour I called them again and they told me they'd be sending the after hour/on call plumber to come. And that they'd call when they were on their way.
No call still but they did show up finally at about 7:30pm.

After snaking the main drain he stated that he poked a hole in the blockage but it was still there and there was nothing else he could do because he didn't have the equipment.

At this point not only where they late, they didn't fix the problem just "poked a hole in it". Didn't even come prepared after being told what the issue was so they knew full well they'd most likely need certain equipment. And we didn't have them do the second pipe at this point because we don't need a plumber to just poke a hole in something we need them to fix the problem. But hey, they can come out another time (at an additional fee of course) with the appropriate equipment and actually fix it.

Will not recommend them, not happy. Poor communication, poor service. If they would have done what they said they'd do then the value would have been great.

Unsatisfied customer in
Unsatisfied customer in
1 review Ayr, ON

Maax shower kit installation

I entered into a tentative agreement to purchase a Maax Utile shower kit on Feb.27/17. The agreement was pending on their installation appraiser approving the work site. The appraiser Simon came to my home and approved the site for the installation of the Maax shower kit.
The original installation date was set for Mar.28/17. I received a call from a company rep named Mark telling me they could not meet the Mar.28/17 date because Maax was unable to supply the shower base and rescheduled the installation for Apr.10/17. I received another call from Mark telling me they were swamped with work and postponed the installation another 2 weeks. They finally showed up on Apr.26/17.
One day into the installation the installers informed me the shower kit would not fit the the job site and additional demolition would be required. The required demolition entailed the removal of a bulkhead that left sections of the walls and ceiling missing. The job site had been approved by Hammonds appraiser for the installation without the bulkhead demolition.
Hammond Plumbing has never offered to repair or rectify in any manner the additional demolition required for the installation due to an error made by their appraiser. I did not request reimbursement from Hammonds but an offer would have been nice.
The one bright spot was the installers Matt and Rob were very professional and pleasant.
I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Wow l had no idea you felt this way. l would have appreciated a phone call so we could work it out to your satisfaction. In review since the Maax shower kit is a new product we had no idea that the bulkhead would be a problem. We worked your job in and called to reschedule and came the day we committed to and stayed until the job was done. l would appreciate a call at the office oe on my cell to discuss if you want. cell number is 519 465 4876. Thanks for letting me know and l pook forward to discussing. Mark

John from Etobicoke
John from Etobicoke

They Did It Twice!!

First:

Apartment building plumbing emergency that could NOT wait. Slight panic.

I called around to over ten other plumbing contractors. All booked. Next day at best.

Then I remembered Hammond. Never used them before but heard good feedback. Solid rep. Gave them a try. Like everyone else, they were all booked for the day at least. HOWEVER, they made the effort to check their plumbers' schedules, look for a potential window, and temporarily redirect one of their plumbers to take care of my emergency without materially impacting their workflow. They literally went that extra mile. Not to mention, the work was top notch, the plumber was very knowledgeable and professional, and quick. I will call Hammond first next time.

Second:

Clogged drain in an apartment unit. Was afraid of overflow from units above. Yikes.

It was a Tuesday. 6:30 pm. I called one of those 24/7 emergency drain companies thinking they would be able to send a plumber out asap in what was a bonafide emergency. Also, clogged drains are supposed to be there specialty. I was told they could send a plumber out on Thursday! Thursday! How is that 24/7 EMERGENCY service?

So, once again I tried Hammond. I would have called them first, but I thought: better to call a company that claims they specialize in drains in this case, as I knew the clog was bad and deep.

Hammond showed up in half an hour and got the job done.

And it's not because they are not busy. The plumber finished up my job at around 8:00 pm and he had two more jobs to go to that evening.

Wow.

Thank you so much for your kind words. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to write this positive review.

Darlene in
Darlene in

We were impressed!

We sprang a leak in our basement. Riley from Hammond plumbing came to rescue us. He went right to work, got the job done as well as other things my husband sprang on him. He was by far the nicest person to deal with and did an excellent job for us. We were so impressed that we wanted to let others know of his quality service. We would not hesitate to hire him again. Hammond plumbing has a real gem there.

Thank you so much for the kind comments

Habs9 in
Habs9 in
1 review Kitchener, ON

New sump pump and water pressure back up

Hammomd came in replaced my old sump pump and instaled a Liberty water pressure back up. He was done in 2hr and did a great job. He showed me how the water pressure system worked and that it functioned withought any problems.

Thank you for the positive review. It is greatly appreciated.

Karen from Kitchener
Karen from Kitchener
3 reviews Kitchener, ON

Bathroom drain pipes

We had a leak from our bathroom drain pipes into our kitchen. I called around 1pm and someone was out by 3pm to quote us. They had to come back the next day to perform the work as it wasn't a quick, easy fix. Matt & Riley came this morning and did a great job. They were both professional & polite and left the house as clean as they found it. Thank you again!

Thank you very much for the kind comments. I will share them with Matt and Riley. Mark

Willi in Moncton
Willi in Moncton

Service

Called Mark at Hammond regarding a toilet issue at 9:00am and he arranged to have someone come out later that morning (sooner than I expected as it wasn't an emergency). Jim called ahead to ensure I was home and before I knew it he was at my doorstep. Jim was very pleasant and showed his confidence and professional experience in the way he proceeded to remedy my plumbing problem. He also answered all my novice questions respectfully (I did learn something) and before I knew it he was on his way, but only after he ensured everything was working and cleaned up. If you were a bit under the weather before you weren't by the time Jim left. I wish all service persons were as pleasant as Jim was. Mark surrounds himself with very good people and they treat you as well as your property with respect.

Thank you very much. Have a wonderful day. Mark

John in Kitchener
John in Kitchener
1 review Cambridge, ON

Fixed a plugged drain

Called Hammond Plumbing and spoke with Mark at roughly 3pm and explained the situation. We actually were having a potential buyer of our property view the house at 5:30. Mark said that he would likely have someone in and out before 5:30. Aaron (plumber) showed up at 4:00 and had it fixed and suggested what the issue was and was gone by 4:45! I can't tell you how great this made me feel about their company and service. I have scheduled them to come back and install a new toilet.

I have high expectations and these guys met them and exceeded them.

naz from Waterloo Regional Municipality
naz from Waterloo Regional Municipality
1 review Waterloo, ON

water leaking from living room

I am so sorry for this company management. Their technicion came to my house to diagnose why water leaking from livingroom ceiling and they cut the ceiling and left my house. Mark the manager told us we will come back to fix the problem but after five weeks that we followed up, Mark told us that we can not fix that. I do not recommand this company to anyone. It is not a professional and reliable company.

James from Kitchener
James from Kitchener
2 reviews Kitchener, ON

Emergency Sump Pump Replacement

During the massive thaw plus torrential rain we had at the end of November, 2014, our sump blew. Called Hammond around 11am, and they had someone on site by 3:30, and he replaced the pump in about 30 minutes. The tech was friendly, easy to talk to, and professional. Best part is, they send a bill, rather than sticking around to write up paperwork for 45 minutes after the job is done. Would definitely call them again.

More about Hammond Plumbing & Heating Inc