Over the course of the Summer, I spent 3 months educating myself on the masonry trade in Toronto as well as requesting multiple quotes for tuckpointing on my 100+ year old home. I quickly discovered that there was a rather large gap in pricing, quality and service between the companies that perform tuckpointing services. My home possessed varying shades of coloured mortar that was significantly degraded particularly on one side of the house. Mario from Invisible Tuckpointing was the only person to step forward and state that he would match the coloured mortar of the house. Moreover, the duration of the job stretched for 2 weeks vs. the 4 days that I was quoted by all the remaining companies. In the end, I am absolutely delighted that I chose Invisible Tuckpointing for the following reasons:
1. Perfect colour matching between old and new mortar. The work is truly "invisble" to the eye
2. Sandy has "Michelangelo hands" and provided perfect tuckpointing
3. Mortar grinding was precise and Mario's cleanup was timely and neat
4. All activities were safely performed with strong sensitivities to my neighbours and the plethora of vehicles that made the job very challenging
5. Mario was meticulous and examined every square inch of the house while providing key advice
6. Went above and beyond by using acid to soften the look of rough bricks and a plethora of tints to match mortar and brick colour imperfections. In fact, Mario changed the new mortar colour up to 12 times to match the old mortar
7. Very professional and worked long hours and weekends to complete the job
In my opinion, Mario is truly an artist and his skills are unparalleled. He brings a value proposition to the table which goes far beyond just tuckpointing. For example, Mario spent a significant amount of time remedying damaged and broken bricks or mortar imperfections while making everything look perfect. It truly felt like Mario treated my home as his home, and this showed through his unbelievable attention to detail which you will rarely find in any trade.
Mario and Sandy did a superb job on my home, yet I find the one negative review on Homestars to be truly puzzling and an outlier considering my most recent experience. In fact, the brick and mortar on my home looks harmonious and brings a smile to my face every time I look at it. The job was so well done, that Mario was inundated with estimate requests from my neighbours and I still have people knocking on my door requesting Mario's contact details. I would not hesitate to recommend Invisible Tuckpointing to all my friends and family. Thank you Mario and Sandy for the wonderful job.
- Company Response
Thank you Peter. I have very much enjoyed having met you and working for you. I've felt we connected on many levels, for example our mutual interest in the Technology Sector, and many other things. Thank you for the business and for your appreciation of the effort we put in to your project. This was a great experience.