A Clark Roofing & Siding Ltd

HomeStars  >  Shutters & Blinds in Edmonton  >  A Clark Roofing & Siding Ltd

Reviews for A Clark Roofing & Siding Ltd

1 review St. Albert, AB

Roofing- new shingles

The company and service was top notch. David, the estimator , was highly professional and competent. He has excellent interpersonal skills and strongly influenced my decision to have A Clark Roofing do my shingles. All aspects of the work were handled in a superb manner. The contact from the office, the workers on the job, and the inspector did their jobs extremely well. I was impressed with the quality of the work and the final clean-up. I would strongly recommend this company.

Jim P. in Edmonton
Jim P. in Edmonton

Everything was GREAT!

From the moment I called, to the estimator, to the crew and follow up, everything was amazing! This is what I expected of such a well established company. Thanks for making everything so easy. Great job on the roof. Very good staff.

Unhappy Homeowner in Toronto
Unhappy Homeowner in Toronto
1 review Stony Plain, AB

Terrible Service and Poor service Buyer Beware

I bought a New house from Jaffer Developments in Stony Plain, Alberta,($400,000+) about 3 years ago, I have now had leaks twice in my roof. The Jaffer used A Clark Roofing to do their work. The first time my roof leaked was back in April it was very rainy and they (A Clark ) weren't able to show up for at least 2 weeks. I called someone else in and they were there the next day. The second company went up and found that A Clark had not chalked/sealed the flanges for any of the vents. $ 180.00 later it was fixed. Today the roof leaks even worse and they (A Clark {Renee}) tells me that they only have a 2 year warranty on new construction and 5 on renovation (everyone else in the industry that I called has 5yr on new) I have done shingling and my thoughts are that everything on new construction is new (wood, flashing etc ) it would make more sense to have a longer warranty with a brand new base than over old material. Again it is fall now (rainy) and they can't get out to give me an estimate for at least a week, they can't even give me an appointment! Not impressed at all with Jaffer nor A Clark
It has now been over 16 days since I talked to Renee and I have not heard a word from A Clark about coming to fix my roof! You be the judge!

Steven from Edmonton
Steven from Edmonton

Roofing, Soffits, Fascia

Approached them to do my shingles, fascia, soffits and gutters on an average size house in January, November 1 is this Friday and my gutters are still not completed properly. Roof work and soffits/fascia decent, crew doing gutters have no sense of workmanship (crooked RWL, cant follow written/illustrated instructions where to place RWL, poor judgement).

Derek from Morinville
Derek from Morinville
3 reviews Morinville, AB

Shingle damage

I bought a new home 2 years ago, and this was the company who did the roofing and siding. I had damage to my shingles from a storm during the spring time. I called them to get it fixed because I figured they would be warrantied. Most reputable roofing companies offer a 5 year workmanship warranty with the work they do. This company does NOT have a warranty of any kind. They blamed the product rather then take ownership of the problem. Perhaps they are selling a crappy product?

I was told they would charge $135 for the first hour and $80 for every additional hour. Cost of the shingles would also have to be added. After about 15 minutes of work the guys completed the job. That 15 minutes cost me $135 like I expected. I did not expect 1 shingle to be $30. Are you kidding me!? I could have bought 1-2 bundles of shingles for that price.

They also did my neighbours shingles and siding. They have a large chunk of siding missing from their house, around 50-80 square feet. Bad workmanship or are they selling cheap product?

Review has 1 previous version

I am sorry you had a bad experience with your roof. Please feel free to call me at the office. I can assure you we do have a warranty, paperwork can be supplied if you wish. We have 5 year workmanship warranty on renovation and 2 year workmanship on new construction. The warranty covers workmanship and not weather or acts of God, like high winds, tornadoes, or hail storms. If it was our workmanship it would be covered under warranty. Our service personel are paid hourly and have to be paid even for travel out of town to Morninville, there and back. The price for material needed was good as you cannot buy 1 or two shingles. You have to buy the bundle and use the 1 shingle and then you pay for install. The product used is one of the three major shingle companies that is used by all roofing companies. Again, If there is anything else I can do for you please feel free to call and talk to us.

Robin in Edmonton
Robin in Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

we had our roof done last fall and our soffit/fascia done this spring

We had this company come out to do our roof at part of the start of our home reno - they came out in a timely fashion and were done in less than 2 days. The guys were all very friendly and efficient. They were very mindful of our pets and did a great job of cleaning up after themselves. No nails or shingles left on the ground! I appreciate that. When we called in January for the soffat/fascia they were able to come out within a week (even with all the snow we had).

Glad to hear everything went well!

olav in Edmonton
olav in Edmonton

Eavestrough & Shingles

I had some hail damage. So I called the company and they sent someone out for an estimate. They put in the eavestrough, but it wasn't quite long enough. The rain went behind the eavestrough and came down by the flashing. So then I called them to fix problem. It took 2 or 3 weeks for them to fix the problems. The shingles were supposed top grade, but they were not up to par. I probably would call them because I am not sure if the problem was with the sub contractors. But next time, I will be doing a closer supervision for quality workmanship.

Lead times to come out and fix problems depend on how busy we are and the weather. 2 weeks is pretty good. It sounds like they did fix the problem with the eavestrough for you which is great. I am not sure why you are saying the shingles aren't top grade and not performing. If there are any concerns or issues we would love to address them for you, please call the office.