Spring Home Heating & Cooling Systems Inc

Reviews for Spring Home Heating & Cooling Systems Inc

Carolyn from Scarborough
Carolyn from Scarborough

Boiler, Hot Water Tank & Ductless A/Cs

Spring Home is an EXCEPTIONAL COMPANY! I speak from the experience of having used other companies to my distinct detriment. Spring Home is highly professional with all stall involved from initial sales to final installation to customer care.

We dealt with the extraordinarily competent & knowledgeable installation & service manager, GEORGE.

We bought a Lochinvar Knight Boiler, a John Wood hot water tank & 2 different styles of Mitsubishi Ductless A/Cs. We are very happy with all of these purchases, as well as with the related maintenance & customer care we have received following the purchase.

Here is our (not very short) story so you will understand why this Company is exceptional. If you are not interested in reading through this entire review, please, at least, read the end because it makes note of an exceptional courtesy extended by the Company.

We own a large ranch bungalow in Scarborough built in 1954. It has an unusual heating system consisting of only all 'in-floor' copper pipe radiant heating. When we first purchased the house, it became immediately apparent that there was a heating system problem. We called upon the heating company that the previous owners had been using & found, pretty quickly, that that company had no expertise whatsoever in the system installed in the house (hence the problems we were encountering). We then called upon a heating company that advertised itself as specialists in old home heating, only to be sold a totally inappropriate boiler/hot water heating system, which then resulted in repairs & replacements that tripled the cost of our original investment.

I have gone into this detail to let you know what a breath of fresh air it was to open the door to Spring Home! We found, in George, a man with exceptional knowledge who knew exactly how to deal with what our particular issue was & how to solve the problem. And that he did.

I stated earlier that we have an important note about a courtesy extended by this Company.

Again, because we have an unusual heating system in our house, we also have no built in provision for A/C. There were a limited number of options available to us & George was able to clearly define these options & make recommendations in our circumstances.

We had not committed to making a decision on the A/C matter when my husband was suddenly & unexpectedly required to undergo triple by-pass heart surgery, at a time when August exterior temperatures hovered in the humidex 35-40 C range. It was imperative for his health that we had A/C at the time of his release from hospital. I called George & I am forever grateful that, with exceptionally short notice, he was able to arrange the required equipment & send out a crew to do an installation on the very day before my husband's release. His crew attended overtime & on a long weekend. This was no small thing-critical, in fact, & something we will never forget!

As I said, EXCEPTIONAL COMPANY!

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a great and amazing review. All our staff and crew are working really hard for the same goal and that is "quality work and customer satisfaction". Special mention and thanks to George's expertise that we were able to help you out with your HVAC concerns.Your review means a lot to each one of us and also for other consumer out there that will be needing our help with their HVAC concerns in the future and for that, we thank you so much once again for leaving us a great feedback. Please do not hesitate to call at anytime if you have any questions or need assistance with your HVAC. All the best and hope that your husband had fully recovered now.

helen in Toronto
helen in Toronto

Ductless Air conditioner - Unbelieveable customer service, excellent service, good product

*** Amended review effective September 16, 2019 ***

I originally gave this company a lower rating with the heading: Ductless Air conditioner - Excellent sales, good product, but careless work damaged my home

My opinion of the company has changed as their customer service insisted on rectifying the situation for me, and in the end, that is exactly what they did.

Mistakes can happen, but I believe the aftercare a company takes to right a situation speaks volumes. Spring Home stayed in touch with me and ensured I was satisfied. They paid for the damage that was caused to my step.

I've left the original review up so you can see how the company completely changed my mind on the matter. I would not hesitate to recommend their services knowing how they look after their customers throughout the process -- before, during, and especially after the installation.

+++

**Original review**

I contacted four different companies before we chose Spring Home Heating & Cooling Systems Inc to install our ductless air conditioner. The sales person was knowledgeable and took his time to explain the product to us. We spoke first on the phone and again when he came to do the home evaluation. Although his price was not the least expensive, we felt confident that he sold us the unit we needed for our space. We have no complaints whatsoever about this part of the company. Their rep sold the product professionally and was not pushy at all. We had even talked about buying a new boiler from the company in the fall.

Two installers came as scheduled. They appeared efficient, and once we showed them the area where they'd be working, we felt no need to look over their shoulders. Unfortunately, this was our mistake.

I was in the kitchen when I heard something drop from the top floor where our air condition unit was being installed. It landed with a thud, so I went to see what had happened. A hand drill sat at the carpeted entrance of our front door. What I didn’t realize then was it had hit a step on our staircase before it landed.

As the staircase was covered in a drop sheet, we did not discover the damage until later. One of our steps is now splintered and needs repair.

Not long after the install, the company's customer service department contacted me and I told them about the damage. After several emails back and forth, the company concluded they could not say for certain if they caused the damage. The tone of the correspondence implies we damaged the step ourselves. They offered a "first year complimentary maintenance" for the system as a gesture of good will.

I'm disappointed that the company would not take responsibility for the damage. The air condition unit is working fine. Accidents happen, and the damage to our step was due to carelessness, not incompetence. How my problem was handled , however, leaves me with a negative view of the company.

I have no interest in a 'goodwill' gesture as I've already hired someone to fix the step. It's an inconvenience but it needs to be done. I won't be buying any more services from this company.

Thank you for your review despite of the incident that happened and was glad we were able to assist on the repair. These had been communicated to all our staff and technicians to be extra careful and ensure safety during service or installation. Please do not hesitate to call should you have any concerns or questions.

AC Repair

My central air conditioner stopped air conditioning. Sam quickly identified the problem as a broken capacitor and fixed it on the spot. No fuss, no funny businesses. I highly recommend his services.

So glad we were able to help you out with your A/C. Thank you for your trust!

Teresa from Toronto
Teresa from Toronto

Great Service and we are happy!

We had a ductless air conditioning unit installed in our house two years ago. Spring Home was great, from the very beginning of the process when we met Cy, who talked to us about the best ductless air conditioner for our home to the guys who installed it. We were very impressed. They arrived when they said they would and were very neat and tidy with the installation. Two years later, we are still very happy with the air conditioning unit we purchased. Rodina who works in the office always goes the extra mile to ensure that we get the date and time we are
available and answers questions promptly through emails that I have sent her. She sends out reminders and introduces by email who will be coming to service the air conditioner. We had the air conditioner cleaned recently by Amir. He was great! He took the time to explain to
us how to maintain the filters in the air conditioner, so we would get the best cooling for the summer. He answered all my questions and was on-time. Great customer service! We couldn't ask for anything better. Thank you Spring Home!

Thank you very much for your kind words Teresa! Great customer like you truly inspires everyone in the team to even do better as even a simple recognition of anyones hardwork means a lot for that thank you very much. Please do not hesitate to call should you need our assistance at anytime. Take care always!

jpw from Scarborough
jpw from Scarborough

Install new humidifier and furnace inspection

My humidifier, which was about 15 years old, broke down and I arranged with Spring Home to replace it at the same time the annual furnace maintenance was done(Sept. 7, 2019). Unfortunately the furnace, which was shut off during the summer months, did not work because a control board installed last May was defective. Fortunately the board was still under warranty. I was a bit irritated that a part broke down after about a month's usage(from May to June when I turned the furnace off) but that is not the fault of Spring Home. I guess better it broke down now than in mid winter.

Spring Home ordered another control board which was installed yesterday(Sept. 18'th) so the furnace is ready for fall and winter. The maintenance person spent the time to show me how to operate the new humidifier, change the filter, etc. and even cleaned the furnace burners free of charge! Owing to traffic conditions in late afternoon in the GTA, he arrived later than he probably wanted but didn't try to do a rush job so he could leave ASAP.

Rodina and Kiril did a superb job on this task!

John

Thank you for your kind words John!So glad that we were able to help you out with your furnace issue.Please do not hesitate to call if you need our assistance or have any questions in the future. Thank you again for your continued trust and we appreciate your business.

Andrew Worrall from Toronto
Andrew Worrall from Toronto

New Boiler

This is our second time using Spring Home. Cy has his wonderful people were again amazing. Sadly our boiler has stopped working and spending money on a new boiler is not fun but these guys were professional fast and great, can't recommend enough!

Hello Andrew!Thank you again for your continued trust with Spring Home Heating and Cooling we truly appreciate your business. Your review means a lot to the team and for that we thank you so much for doing so. If you have any concerns or any questions at all please do not hesitate to call at anytime.

M. Young in Toronto
M. Young in Toronto

Thermostat Installation

Provided and installed new thermostat in my condo. Quick response time and excellent service. My furnace is too old for the smart thermostat I had purchased, but Spring Home was able to provide and install a new one for me right then and there. Great company! I highly recommend.

Hello Moira, Thank you so much for your great review and we are glad that we were able to assist with. Please do not hesitate to give us a call should you have any questions. Take care always!

Mr. Xie in Toronto
Mr. Xie in Toronto

Replace boiler

Spring Home helped me quickly quoted and replaced my old boiler with a new boiler/water heater combination as my water heater is old too. Installation work went smoothly, and they did not leave a mess. I were really impressed with their professional service, moreover were very impressed by their following up calls and visits in order to make sure their production to work in the best. And it works great since then. I am very pleased to the service and product from Spring Home and strongly recommend this company to other consumers based on our experience.

Thank you Mr. Xie for the compliments and a very nice review, this means so much to the whole team of Spring Home Heating & Cooling and this definitely a gesture that can even inspire everyone to do better. Should you have any questions or need our assistance please do not hesitate to call at anytime. Thank you!

Gwen in Toronto
Gwen in Toronto

Ductless heat pump is terrific

Cy of Spring Home HCS came to my place to assess possibilities of putting air conditioning in the second story of my house. It's an older house and despite work I had done with insulation and new windows and baseboard heaters it was still frightfully hot in the summer and cold in the winter. He recommended a Mitsubishi ductless heat pump system and explained how it works and where it should be placed. Peter and his helper cleanly, quickly and efficiently installed the inside and outside units. The only problem was that we hadn't allowed for covering up the ugly black hose that now ran down the back of the house. They returned to cover that in a vinyl casing. The upstairs is now comfortable - as it should be. And the unit is unbelievably quiet inside and outside. The next test will be in how well it cools in the summer but I am very hopeful.

Thank you Gwen for your nice review,glad to hear that we were able to assist you in providing solution to have a comfortable temperature in the upper level of your home. Please do not hesitate to call at anytime if you have any questions. Take care always!

Laura @ Debut in Markham
L. .

Impressed From Start to Finish!

I had Spring Home come out to quote on a split AC system for my office. Cy Goh was prompt, courteous and honest. He made suggestions and offered advice which was extremely helpful. The technician that came for the install was right on time and was very polite. He explained what would be done and then went through a whole checklist to explain everything that was done. He had even taken photos of the system on the roof so that he could show us! After the work was done Cy emailed me to ensure that all was working well and we were happy with the system. All and all a wonderful experience! I would gladly work with Spring Home again and will refer friends and family to them. Thank you Spring Home!

Thank you for your kind words and for a very nice review greatly appreciated.Customer's satisfaction is our number one priority and we were glad to know that we had accomplished our goal. Thanking you in advance for helping us to promote our service to your friends and family. Take care always!

More about Spring Home Heating & Cooling Systems Inc

==== YOUR SATISFACTION IS OUR SUCCESS ======
**2010-2016 Dave Lennox PREMIER Dealer**
**2010-2016 Lennox Centurion Award Winner**
**Mitsubishi Electric Outstanding Performance Award Winner**
**Trane TCS Dealer**
** NATE (North American Technician Excellence)**
If you're looking for an established, Reliable Heating, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration contractor in the GTA area, you've come to the right place. Licensed and fully insured, Spring Home offers a complete installation and service department. Our experienced professionals are trained in residential, …