Spring Home Heating & Cooling Systems Inc

160 Torbay Road Markham ON L3R 1G6
HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Markham  >  Spring Home Heating & Cooling Systems Inc

Reviews for Spring Home Heating & Cooling Systems Inc

Prime  from Toronto
Prime from Toronto

Excellent service, incredibly cost-effective

Two older Carrier furnaces heat our 3 storey home. Main furnace was cycling repeatedly and would not lift the temperature on 2 lower floors above 18 degrees. Tech came out and tested both furnaces, cleaned the pressure switch on the main furnace and it has worked perfectly for weeks, including the recent cold snap. Bottom line: Cost-effective fast service. We will use them again for sure.

Good Afternoon,
We are happy you are now comfortable especially with the cold snap we had. Should you require any services in the future please do not hesitate to contact us at any time!

Ductless Airsource Heatpump Installation

We just had our old baseboard heaters replaced yesterday after over a year of searching for the right company to go with. It was hard to find a good reputable company that was experienced in ductless systems without trying to first convince us to get a central system.
I contacted several companies through Homestars registered under the GreenON website and Springhome replied the next morning.
I received a quick consultation appt with Sam from Springhome a few days after and it was very imformative, even though we needed a 7pm appt on a Friday evening, Sam spent ample time answering all our questions, he never made me feel that my questions were a waste of time. He was thoughtful with options that fit our needs despite it being more work (other companies simply told us it wasn't necessary to avoid extra work and that if we weren't satisfied after the install we had other "options") He went above and beyond to check with HRAI and the rebate authorities to make sure I was 100% satisfied before committing. I really appreciated this.

We were not able to be available for a weekday install but Sam was able to find a team to come out to us on the Family Day long weekend for a 2 day install. On the day of install, Sam came personally to oversee and introduce the team to us on his day off.

The team that came out to us included Chris (team lead), Peter, Sam and Nezeer. Amazing, amazing team of guys! I cannot speak enough as to how pleased we were with this process. They kept everything as clean as possible and worked through the cold, and Chris explained every process to us making sure we understood why it was done and how to operate it afterwards. You can really tell he cares about his work and wanted to ensure the client is happy and that every design element is in our best interest.

This is a long long review but I hope this helps others in choosing their contractor for their next job. As a young professional, I am very picky and scoured the internet for information and reviews. I honestly probably met a good 7-8 contractors over the course of last year and do not regret our final decision at all even though some other contractors offered lower pricing.

Ask for Sam and Chris, they will give you top notch service, you will not regret it! Thanks again guys!

Hello Anothrgirl. Thank you for this very generous review. As every installation of these ductless systems are unique due to the layout of the house and lifestyle of the occupants, a "custom" solution tailored for these factors are always best. At Spring Home, all our comfort advisers are experienced and capable of providing unique solutions for every situation. It was truly my pleasure to be able to assist with your unique installation, and cannot be happier to know that the installation was delivered as promised to your 100% satisfaction. Thanks again for sharing your exceptional experience in working with Spring Home, and providing your honest opinion to help other homeowners make their HVAC hiring decisions easier.

All the best!

Sam and the Team

Junian in Toronto
Junian in Toronto

Great Service, Good Quality Work, Promt Customer Service

Sam answered all my questions and concerns. They were very professional, prompt, and did good quality work. Would highly recommend and thank you to Sam for the great customer service!

Good Afternoon Junian,
Was truly our pleasure as your satisfaction is our success. Should you need any thing in the future please do not hesitate to contact us at any time.

Dakota in Toronto
Dakota in Toronto

Humidifier issue

Recently we realized that our Humidifier was not functioning. We notified Spring Home and went through some trouble shooting remotely that did not seem to resolve the issue. Tiger was sent over to perform diagnostics. Tiger asked a couple of quick questions and within a few minutes was able to identify the issue - the thermostat was incorrectly set up at the last maintenance visit. He immediately made the necessary changes to the thermostat settings and reviewed with us the seasonal settings on the thermostat and humidifier. Tiger is very knowledgeable and polite.

Thanks to Tiger for taking care of the issue.

Good Afternoon,
Thank you for taking the time out to write this review. I passed the nice comments onto Tiger and he said it was his pleasure. We look forward to speaking again when it is time for the next seasonal tune up.

SamIAm in Markham
SamIAm in Markham

Air Condtioner Installation and HVAC Maintenance

Have been using Spring Home Heating & Cooling Systems for the past few years. They have provided me excellent service throughout since my A/C installation and they have been very thorough in their work and explanation of the services performed. I also do the yearly A/C and furnace maintenance for

Have been extremely satisfied...keep up the good work.

Hi SamIAm,
It is always a pleasure speaking with you! Thank you for putting your trust into us not only to do the installation but to have us in your home to complete both the fall and spring tune up on your HVAC equipment. We look forward to speaking again in May! Have a wonderful rest of your week!

Matt in Markham
Matt in Markham

Tiger was great! Diagnosed and fixed the issue.

Tiger was fantastic. He helped me troubleshoot over the phone to narrow down the issue to ensure he had the correct parts/equipment before arriving. He was able to come the same day and arrived at 8pm on Saturday to ensure that my family had heat on this cold winter night.
(It's -14 C outside)

Upon arrival he immediately confirmed the diagnosis and fixed the issue.
He was also able to explain exactly the issue to me, document the changes (for future technicians) and suggest action I can take in the event I have any issues with my furnace in the future.

He also notified me that if the original owner had registered the American Standard Furnace with the manufacturer, then the parts would be covered under 10 year warranty.

Issue was with the Control Board. (Apparently this is a common issue as American standard original control board was 80V ... the recommended replacement is 120V.

Hi Matt,
We are so happy you are nice and warm. I sent these wonderful words off to Tiger and he said it was his pleasure. If you require any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us at any time. We all hope you are having a wonderful day!

Furnace Installation

Needed replacement for an old furnace, the salesman offered me a very good price on a variable speed modulating furnace. The technician installed everything as expected, and a month later there was a follow up inspection to make sure everything was installed properly.

Good Afternoon Jonathan,
thank you for all the kind words, I will be sure to pass them along to the team. We look forward to doing business for many years to come!

JBA from Mississauga
JBA from Mississauga

Left in the Cold...

*** UPDATE, Janaury 26, 2018 ***

The Spring Home Heating and Cooling Assistant Manager, Sam, called me after seeing the review (below) and said he wanted to help understand what happened and hopefully improve any shortcomings.

He also offered to refund the original $100 charge that I wasn't happy with and proceeded to do so. I must admit for a company to take this step is very gratifying and definitely shows that they ARE interested in helping customers and showing they are dedicated to customer service.

I would therefore consider recommending this company again, as they have shown that they are human, and willing to do whatever it takes to make it right. I appreciate that.

The Spring Home Heating and Cooling Service technician came on Friday, December 22, 2017 when our furnace was not working properly.

It would come on for 5-12 seconds and then cut out.

The technician could NOT solve the problem and said it was either the Gas Valve or the Controller Board – two major components. Which could cost hundreds of dollars to install.

He checked and said that the Gas valve would not be in stock until January 10-12, 2018, approximately 3 weeks later – during one of the coldest spells of the year. The technician left the furnace open and inoperable, leaving us to freeze in our home.

That night, while trying to stay warm, my wife and I talked about it and thought that it makes no sense in putting hundreds of dollars into an old, cheap (builders model) furnace, and decided that we would buy a new, updated furnace. After all this furnace was over 11 years old.

My wife then said, since we are getting a new furnace, perhaps I could put our old furnace together again (remember the technician left it off and not working), so at least we would continue to get 5-12 second bursts of warm air, every couple of minutes.

Since we were getting a new furnace we didn’t care if the old one “conked” out after recyling on and off over and over. At least his “band-aid” effort allowed us some comfort. A warm burst of air every couple of minutes.

The day after the technician left, I contacted four Heating/furnace companies and they immediately came over on Saturday. And in a couple of days, we had a brand new, furnace.

Since Spring Home Heating and Cooling Service could not diagnose the problem correctly, and left us high and dry and extremely COLD, we would never call Spring Home Heating and Cooling Service again – for service or to purchase any product.

And I would recommend to other people to do the same.

Review has 1 previous version

Hello Brett. Thank you for taking the time to explain the events of the service visit to me. After thoroughly understanding all accounts, I do believe there was a miscommunication between my service technician, service coordinator, and you the customer. We value every customer's honest review and will always do our best to prevent repeating any shortfalls. Again, thank you for giving us a second chance to satisfy your HVAC needs.

Kelly in Ottawa
Kelly in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Was recommended to us and we will happily recommend

We needed a new air conditioner. I asked friends for recommendations and most people said "I wouldn't recommend the company we used". One friend replied with a glowing recommendation for Spring Home. We also were very happy with the service and level of communication. We plan to use them for our furnace needs as well.

Hi Kelly,
Always a pleasure speaking with you! We looking forward to seeing you this month for your furnace tune up! We all hope you had a wonderful holiday !

More about Spring Home Heating & Cooling Systems Inc

**2010-2016 Dave Lennox PREMIER Dealer**
**2010-2016 Lennox Centurion Award Winner**
**Mitsubishi Electric Outstanding Performance Award Winner**
**Trane TCS Dealer**
** NATE (North American Technician Excellence)**
If you're looking for an established, Reliable Heating, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration contractor in the GTA area, you've come to the right place. Licensed and fully insured, Spring Home offers a complete installation and service department. Our experienced professionals are trained in residential, …

Heating & Air Conditioning, Gas Line Installation, and Fireplaces
Installation *** Service *** Maintenance Residential, Commercial and Industrial AUTHORIZED DEALERS FOR PREMIUM BRANDS : LENNOX , TRANE, VIESSMANN, NAVIEN, AND MITSUBISHI.
Furnace,Air conditioner,ductless split Air conditioning ,Air cleaner,Humidifier,HRV, ERV, Tankless water heater,BBQ gas line,Boiler ,Rooftop unit, Walk in freezer, Walk in Cooler, Supermarket Refrigeration Equipments 24 Hours 7 days emergency Services,Gas Furnace Replacement, Gas Furnace service, Oil Tank / Furnace removal
Lennox ,Trane, Mitsubishi, Fujitsu, Aprilaire, Honeywell, Rinnai, Lifebreath,VanEE, NTI,Olsen, Viessmann,Slant fin, Weil McLain, Navien
**NATE(North American Technician Excellence) Certified contractor.** **2010-2016 DAVE LENNOX PREMIER DEALER** **2010-2016 LENNOX CENTURION AWARD WINNER--Top 2% of 7,500 Lennox dealers in North America **American Standard Customer Care Dealer **Mitsubishi Electric Outstanding Performance Award Winner == Dedication to Quality Service is second to none ===
Cash,Cheque, Financing available
G1 , G2, Air Cond & Refrigeration Mechanic 313A, 313D, ODP, TSSA,MEQ certified,NATE, Metro lic H223
NATE, HRAI, BBB, TSSA, ESA, Markham Chamber of Commerce, BNI
Depending on the product, brand. Extended warranty is available. Will provide a written Warranty.