Crown Electric Ltd

Reviews for Crown Electric Ltd

muktha from Mississauga
muktha from Mississauga

Competitive Prices from ESA Certified Contractor

I have been using Crown Electric for many years. They recently installed two motion sensor lights outside, installed two timer switches inside. I live in a home which is almost 65 years old, with old wiring, and plaster walls, so electrical projects aren't always easy. Mike did the work and everything I needed to have done, was completed and he did a great job. I use Crown for all my electrical needs and recommend them to family and friends.

Rodger in Oakville
Rodger in Oakville

Several small wiring revisions

The house I had moved into last summer needed some small electrical jobs done to change how some the original wiring had been completed and to also make it more enjoyable in many ways. I had reached out to a few companies for quotes - some I never even heard back from ("job too small", "we're too busy"). But John wrote back and eagerly set up a time for a quote.

When he came out, he was great to deal with, talked everything through so we could understand clearly what the job would entail and also provided advice of a) how to do things properly and b) where there were ways to save costs. We decided to go ahead with Crown and they came out the next week.

The guys who came were also great to work with and did a great job and just like was quoted. They also made sure to clean up their work areas so a mess wasn't left after they'd gone.

We have since enjoyed new lights over our kitchen sink, live circuits added to bedroom ceiling fixtures so fans can run independently of the light switch and the en suite switches are now more conveniently located.

Great job done by John and the guys and at a great price (and as quoted).

Thanks to everyone at Crown Electric. I'd certainly recommend them and will use them again in future should I have more electrical jobs to get done.

Excellent work by excellent electrician. Highly recommend.

CE installed about 13 pot lights in our soffit and rewired switches, installed new switches, had to switch our 6 out of date pot lights, moved my garden hose holder, cleaned up after themselves, etc. They came in substantially under budget but I would have paid the full price. Pleasant, punctual, professional electricians. I highly highly recommend CE.

Tarek in Cambridge
Tarek in Cambridge

Excellent company- would recommend

I hired crown electric in August, 2017 to bring my finished basement up to the electric code and replace my service panel. This company was pleasant and excellent to deal with. George came by the house and ON TIME for a quote. He thoroughly inspected the basement to give a quote. Adam and his crew worked for two weeks when I decided to hire them, and they cleaned up each day after themselves. The company went above and beyond. I would recommend this company!

Private User reviews Oakville, ON

Powerless

It really seams to me that Crown Electric is trying to take advantage of me. This small job is not nearly worth what they are charging. I was told 2 people on the phone - they sent 1 and charged more than what I was told. Took me away from my work, then I had to help them with the job. Very, very slow work. At some point you need to ask yourself ‘Where is the value that Crown delivers?’ ‘What is real service?’ The fact that Crown Electric hung up on me this morning tells me exactly what kind of Company I unfortunately chose to deal with.

We are sorry that you feel you were being taken advantage of. Due to an unforeseen emergency we were unable to send two electricians. Just to clarify our conversation, two electricians or one electrician, the price is the same. Two men at a job site for 1.5 hours or l man there for 2.5 hours, the labour cost is the same. We did exceed our two hour minimum and we charge in quarterly increments, you were charged for time on site at your home.
As per our conversation prior to the installation at your home, I explained to you what our charges are for our service call and our hourly rate plus whatever parts are required to complete the installation. You did comment more than once, that being a new customer you wanted a special rate for your work that needed to be completed. Again, I did explain and say No Sir, these are our charges. You agreed to our rates and the estimated cost over the phone of the installation and we made a booking for the following morning.
According to my Electrician things went well and you were very happy upon completion of the work, up until the invoice was provided and all went sour with you after that.
As for taking you away from your work, your panel was not labelled and your help to operate the breakers helped you save costs and take half the time. We are terribly sorry you were taken away from your morning schedule at home.
We tried talking to you on the phone to resolve this problem at hand but to no avail.
Crown Electric employees do not have to take verbal abuse from anyone.
Thank you.
John
Crown Electric Ltd.

Private User reviews Oakville, ON

Sub-panel/Receptacles in Garage

Called Crown Electric to install a panel in my garage due to the fact of a limited power supply out there. Crown Electric arrived on time, ready to work. They work very clean and fast to complete job on budget also supplying a E.S.A inspection. I would highly recommend Crown Electric for and electrical needs.

Sarah H in Etobicoke
Sarah H in Etobicoke

Electrical Panel Upgrade

Hired Crown Electric to upgrade the electrical panel in my home and install new light fixtures. Process was thoroughly explained. Installation and follow up inspection was completed in a timely manner. Happy with the work. Would definitely recommend Crown Electric for any electrical needs.

Sean Maher in Oakville
Sean Maher in Oakville

Potlight install

I called Crown after getting a couple other companies over to give me a quote. I needed 6 pot lights I purchased put up in my bedroom on a separate switch. The first two company employees kept telling me how hard it could be and how they may have to make swiss cheese out of my walls in order to complete the work, I got the vibe there was not enough money in the job for them to bother. Once one of the owners John came in to look at the work I was immediately surprised at how differently he saw the job. Having actually looked in the attic he saw that it was open and assured me it would be very straight forward.

The workers Adam and Daniel were courteous and went right to the task making sure not to damage my floors with their ladders. A few hours later I was happy to be shown my new lighting and with no holes in my walls and no mess to clean!

Very happy and would recommend

Private User reviews Vaughan, ON

Running phone and data lines for small office reno

Crown Electric ran 4 new data and phone lines from our server to our new sales area as part of a small renovation project we just completed. George and Andrew were very professional and provided quality work as outlined by our IT person. Their work caused minimal distraction to our ongoing operation, they were polite, courteous, and they cleaned up after themselves.
We would use and would refer them to others.
Chris Kandelas

Shahram in Oakville
Shahram in Oakville

Over charged for a poor service on a simple job

I called Crown Electric to change an exterior dead light bulb which I could not reach because of the hight. They sent two people for this simple job and charged me $220. The job did not need two people. Three weeks later the same light would not come on. I called them and the guy gave me a bunch of non-sense about how bulb manufacturer do not provide guarantee on their products anymore. Interestingly, the Crown Electric supplied the light bulb. So, if it was of low quality it was their mistake. In fact, I am not sure if the light is dead or they did not install it properly. My experience is that they charge a lot for a poor job. Stay away from them.

Mr. Shahram is incorrect about many of the points he has provided. He called us in October, 2015 and we completed the work on October 13, 2015 which was 3 months later and not 3 weeks later as he states, we did send 2 people as after discussing the work we required an extension ladder to reach as the work was at a high level. Whether we sent 1 or 2 people makes no difference as the minimum cost of our service call is a 2hour call out. Mr. Shahram did not have the lamps that were required and we had to check what type they were and then go to the nearest big box store to purchase them to keep the costs down. Yes, Mr. Shahram has no warranty for the incandescent lamps purchased from the store. The invoice was less than $220 as stated and $25 of that was for taxes. I also told Mr. Shahram that he should purchase long lasting LED lamps and replace all the high ones that cannot be reached to avoid having to repeatedly replace incandescent lamps. Thank you Crown Electric Ltd.

Looking for Electricians pros in Oakville?