Belfor Restoration Services

TimC in Hammond
TimC in Hammond
0 reviews Hammond, ON

No work Performed, Received Nice Bill

My property was hit by a tornado July 2019 (this is March 25th 2020).

My insurance company chose Belfor as their preferred company. After reading these Google reviews I expressed reservations to the insurance company. I was told to try them out and if I did not like the quality of the work I could change to another company.

Long story short, Belfor showed up, walked around, took photos of damage and left. The person who showed up was very professional, polite and knowledgeable. Several weeks later the insurance company informed me that they had still not received photos or a report from Belfor.

Then we had a large storm and my roof leaked, contacted the insurance company, was told to call Belfor to have them inspect. Belfor comes inspects, no repairs performed, no mention of any cost.

I then inspect the roof myself and repair the leak.

So here we are in the middle of the Covid-19 outbreak (7 months later) and I receive an invoice from Belfor for over $300 for the roof inspection. Not for the repair that I made, but for an inspection.

I have reached out to the insurance company to inquire if they have already paid Belfor for this service. Waiting for them to investigate.

I can't comment on the quality of the work that Belfor provides because they did not perform any work at my property. However the $300 invoice sure looks pretty.

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Disappointed with Belfor Ottawa property manager's ignorance

The service is not organized well and communication is very inefficient. They only considered their interest and contract, and not consider customer's difficulties. They demand whatever they want only without further communications and discussions. As the owner of a condo impacted by fire damage, I got the first email asking one week limit to move everything out from Belfor Ottawa property manager. I replied asking more time on this because of various difficulties during the COVID-19 period. The property manager replied with No. I then sent him the second email asking for extensions and suggestions, meantime overcome many difficulties to meet his request. The property manager didn't reply my second email anymore. The moving company guy came to the site on time in the morning. However the property manager, who locked the damaged house, forgot about all of this, claiming afterwards that I didn't confirm with him about the date, which was requested by him in his first email. It ended up with I have to pay the moving company half hour without moving anything. The property manager insisted that it's my fault.

mario in Ottawa
mario in Ottawa
1 review OTTAWA, ON

clean up

recommended by insurance company. worked after 4 pm and on weekends. very clean and polite. On time for appointments. Called back to see if anything was missed.I would recommended this company for any job.