Jimmys Heating & Cooling Incorporated

bl8k in Blakely
bl8k in Blakely
2 reviews Blakely, GA

Air conditioner repaiired

Called this company and asked what the cost of replacing the blower motor for my air conditioner would be. The lady I spoke to quoted an estimate of $200-$250 for parts+labor.Within an hour of calling,a service tech was at my house. I was impressed. He changed out the blower motor in under an hour. I mentioned to him that the condenser would sometimes freeze. I asked him if low freon would cause the condenser to freeze.He said yes. He also told me that if the unit's freon level was low, that adding freon wouldn't help because it would just leak out again.When he was finished repairing my air conditioner, he presented me with a bill for $425
including a charge for freon. I tried to contest the difference between his charge and the quote but he insisted I pay and then contest the charges with the people at the office.I tried several times to talk to someone with authority to right the situation. I was always told noone was there that could help me. I finally decided to just chalk it up as another one of life's lessons. Always get a written agreement stating exactly what is expected before a project is started, regardless of how insignificant it might seem at the moment.
Over all the work was very good,but I was over charged.