Clean My Space

131 Whitmore Rd. Unit. #7 Vaughan ON L4L

Best of 2019 winner 2 timesBest of 2019winner 2 times

Reviews for Clean My Space

Good for general cleaning. Sub-par for Post Renovation

Firstly I'll say that Clean My Space has excellent people working in communications/customer service in their office. They are very responsive and willing to listen and communicate.

We had 3 people come in for a post-renovation clean and unfortunately A LOT of spots were missed or not touched at all. I was overall pretty satisfied with the general clean they did upstairs, but the post-renovation part of the cleaning left a lot to be desired.

Having said that - the reps at Clean My Space discounted my clean by two hours. I know they did what they could considering they don't normally discount, but at the end of the day I still ended up paying a LOT of money for what I considered to be a mediocre job.

I would recommend them for regular housecleaning but not post-renovation cleaning.

Hi there,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We honestly appreciate receiving it, as it can only help us improve!

That being said, we are sorry you felt the need to post a simply average review two weeks after your service was completed, and after you had indicated you were happy with the resolution, and understood the limitations we faced during your service.

The major issue at your service was that the kitchen cupboards needing to be cleaned from post-renovation dust were quite high, and our staff couldn’t reach everything even when standing on the stepladder we sent. For safety reasons, they are not allowed to use anything higher, nor are they allowed to stand on furniture or countertops to reach these areas, as they were asked to do, and refused to do, since they do have the right to refuse to do something unsafe. Our staff voluntarily pointed this area out to you, and told you they simply could not reach while they were still on-site, and you stated that was okay, but called us later to complain about this.

Furthermore, our client service policy is made available to all clients at the time of booking, and therefore was of course made available to you at the time you booked; it clearly lists all limitations or service restrictions we have in place to ensure the safety of our staff, including not standing on anything other than a stepladder to reach high places.

We take the health and safety of our staff very seriously, and have these restrictions in place for their protection. We never ask them to overlook these things, and expect that our clients review all the information given to them at the time they book, so that we can avoid issues such as this on the day of the service.

Your only other complaint about the service was that you were asked by one of the staff to perform a walkthrough of the space at the end, which you felt was awkward. This is in place to ensure the client’s satisfaction, as our staff are trained to do this and have absolutely no problem touching something up if the client is less than satisfied with how it looks.

At the end of the day, we want all our clients to be happy with the results, which is why we ask the clients to look things over and feel free to let the staff know if there is something they want done differently that would make them even happier. We are sorry you felt this was too awkward for you to do, but your satisfaction was the goal, and we want our staff to ask clients for feedback and a walkthrough for this simple reason.

We did offer you a free touch-up service for the next day, but you refused this, stating that you took care of the issue yourself, but were still unhappy, at which point we did offer you a discount, in spite of the fact that this is against our policies, as a touch-up service is what we offer because we do stand by our work and our staff when they can’t complete something for safety reasons.

We wish you the best of luck in the future in finding a service provider better suited to your requirements.

Sincerely,

The Clean My Space Team

Stephanie in Toronto
Stephanie in Toronto

Condo cleaning

I have had my condo cleaning for the past two years with Clean My Space. They are very reliable, professional and client-focused. It is more to pay than a private cleaning service but since I have booked with them, I never have to think about cleaning. I know they will be there and my place looks great when they are done. This month Maegyn did a perfect clean. Thanks for helping me check that off my Christmas To Do list!

Hi Stephanie,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review!It means a lot to us, and more importantly, to our staff, to know their hard work is appreciated! I am very happy to hear that your cleaning with Maegyn was so good, and I am sure she appreciates the feedback!

We sincerely appreciate your loyalty and we look forward to continuing to work with you for many years to come!

Tina V.

Private User reviews Essex, ON

Home cleaning

Great customer service. Responsive to requests and address issues promptly and courteously. Cleaning Specialists polite and well prepared even if new to our home. Judi has been providing consistently good service for several months now.

Hi there,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review, and for your kind words! It means a lot to us in the office, but even more to Judie, as she is very detail-oriented and takes great pride in providing consistently great service. We truly appreciate your loyalty, and look forward to continuing to work with you!

Tina V.

Mariam in Brantford
Mariam in Brantford
1 review Brantford, ON

Post renovation cleaning

I used Clean My Space for post renovation cleaning. Great customer service. Last minute booking. Received a quick and professional response. I will definitely recommend Clean My Space to family and friends.

Hi Mariam,

Thank you so much for taking the time out to write this review for us. We look forward to working with you in future again!

Kate in Toronto
Kate in Toronto

Cleaning

Regularly great cleans from these folks. We last had Judie in, who got ALL the nooks and crannies! Office staff are lovely, too, and they've recently upgraded their system, making bookings and alterations to bookings even easier.

Hi Kate,

Thank you so much for taking the time out to write this review for us and your kind words. I am really happy to hear that Judie was very thorough and did an excellent job! We look forward to continue working with you for many many years to come!

BR in Old Toronto
BR in Old Toronto

Unapologetically subpar

This company provided absolutely shoddy service, with many large spots left on countertops and on the floors. What's worse is that they took over 8 hours to finish just two floors. I would understand the slow pace if the work was thorough, but it was mediocre at best.

We complained to the company - the first time we've ever done something like this. They seemed receptive at first, but then decided to charge us in excess of 30% from the initially agreed-to fee. We were willing to put the matter to bed before this, but this is too much.

Stay away from these people.

Hi Bheeshma and Lucy,

We are very sorry you felt the need to post such a misleading review after we kindly informed you that we would not service you in future due to the treatment our staff received at your initial service.

We take pride in our work at every level in the company, truly believe our employees are our biggest asset, and treat them as such each and every day. When they attend a service and are not treated respectfully, we kindly decline to provide services going forward. One of our employees was so upset by the treatment she received that she called us crying and asked us for permission to leave an hour and half into the service, which we allowed, and our other employee stayed to complete the remainder of the service, with the understanding that she would let us know if she was also not treated as we expect our staff to be treated by clients. During the service itself, we did not want to offend you, and so did not mention this until the service was completed and both employees had left. The employee that was upset and left has been with Clean My Space for many years, and has 10-star reviews from her clients right on this website, so it is quite upsetting to us as well, knowing the quality of her work, that she would be treated discourteously to such an extent that she could not complete a service, for the first time in all the time she has worked with us.

That being said, you were provided with an estimate that stated 8-10 hours and the corresponding costs for this timeframe. You placed a time limit on your service, at which point you were informed that we could not offer our service guarantee on a limited service, so if anything was missed, we would not be able to send someone back to touch it up free of cost to you. You stated this was both fair and understandable, and that the time limit you were placing on the service should be enough time based on the way you clean your home yourself.
When our employee that had stayed to finish the service for you reached the time limit, she called us and we notified you. You stated you wanted her to stay and finish everything, and were informed that this wouldn’t be a problem, but that of course the extra time meant a higher cost, to which you agreed. You also insisted that she go over the same spots repeatedly, without allowing her to finish any one area or item before insisting it had to be redone. In other words, you didn’t wait to see the results, but made her redo things when she wasn’t even done fully cleaning them. The extra time all this took worked out to 8.75 hours, which is 2.75 hours over the time limit you wanted, yet you were both there in your home, and had agreed to this with us over the phone. At any time, you could have stopped her, or not agreed when we asked you if going over 6 hours was okay.
To make matters worse with the things you state in your review, because we were not happy with how our staff were treated and thought it best that we not continue this professional relationship, when you called us stating that you weren’t completely happy with the service, we decided to not bill you for the extra time, and bill you only for the 6 hours that you had initially wanted. We believed this was the best way to part ways, so our staff wouldn’t be unhappy, and so that you could find a provider better suited to your requirements without any offense on either side. We completely fail to see how this translates to the 30% more that you are stating. Your initial estimate was for 8-10 hours, and the cost we actually billed for the 6 hours is substantially LESS than what was estimated, and definitely is what was agreed to.

When we spoke to you and let you know that we would bill only the 6 hours, you stated you didn’t want to pay for that either, because you felt that the quality wasn’t reflective of 6 hours of work. Our staff plan very differently for a 6 hour clean than they do for a 10 hour clean, and divide their time accordingly based on the time allotted. You stated in your review that they took 8 hours to finish 2 floors. We must point out that 2 floors in a 2500 or 3000 square foot home would be much different than 2 floors in a 1200 or 1500 sq. ft. home, as there would be more rooms that need extra attention such as bathrooms, as well as generally larger spaces that need just as much detailed work. You were also told at the time of booking that there was no way we could guarantee that everything would be done throughout the home due to time constraints that you were placing, and you said that was okay, and that you would be fine with whatever could be completed in 6 hours.

All these policies and procedures were not only told to you verbally, but our initial inquiry email contains links to each of these things right on our website, which you reviewed prior to even calling us to book your service. We are truly disappointed in the outcome of this service as you are as well, and we do sincerely wish you the best of luck in finding a service provider that is better suited to your requirements.

The Clean My Space Team

kgrenke in Vaughan
kgrenke in Vaughan

Love Clean My Space

I have used several cleaners before I found Clean My Space and none of them have done a more comprehensive job. My condo is cleaned thoroughly and I love the attention to detail. I have many glass shelves and some of them are too high for me to reach. They all never have a visible speck of dust or dirt on them. The baseboards and windowsills are cleaned every visit. I’ve been lucky to have Wilma Barba for several months in a row and my place is immaculate when I come home. Thanks, Wilma!

Hi Kristen,
Thank you so much for leaving this review! It means a lot to me but even more to Wilma. She is very detail oriented and takes great pride in her work. We truly appreciate your loyalty and we look forward to working with you for many many years to come!

Kristina in North York
Kristina in North York

Condo Cleaning

We've been using Clean My Space for about 6 months now and continue to be impressed with cleaning specialists. They are amazing. The staff at HQ are always helpful and quick to respond to any questions or concerns. The last several cleanings have been done by Judie. She is AWESOME! The condo is sparkling clean. Great attention to detail. Thank you!

Hello Kristina,

Thank you so much for leaving this review! It means a lot to us. Judie is very detail oriented and puts her heart and soul into it!
We genuinely appreciate you trusting us with your cleaning needs!

Donna Lewis from Old Toronto
Donna Lewis from Old Toronto

Condo cleaning

I have been a client of Clean My Space for over 8 years. They are dependable and their cleaning professionals are excellent. Our current cleaning specialist Erin does an outstanding job at every visit.

Clean my Space is very responsive to meet our needs and accommodates any changes we may need (like time/day changes).

I look forward to my condo after Erin has been here. I highly recommend their service.

Hi Donna,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review for us. I am really happy to hear that Erin has been doing an amazing job! We truly appreciate your loyalty and look forward to continue working with you.

Cindy in
Cindy in

Ckeaning our Condo

We went with Clean my Space. When we purchased our new confo They do an amazing job everytime. Very thorough and always on time. Paige is the lady that makes our new home sparkle! She does a great job and we enjoy having her in our home

Hello Cindy,

Thank you so much for taking the time out to write this review for us! Paige is an amazing cleaning specialist and we truly appreciate your acknowledgement. I will be sure to pass this on to her and we look forward to providing exceptional on-going services to you.

More about Clean My Space

Our upscale cleaning services offer the best in care for any space. All of our offerings stay true to our four business pillars: Quality Workmanship, Reliable Service, Consistent Performance and Honest Reporting. Our cleanings shine brighter than any other, and if your space requires an added touch, all you need to do is ask.

We hire and train Cleaning Specialists with the utmost integrity who love what they do, creating a trusting experience for our clients and staff alike. We charge a fair rate for the amount of detail we undertake – *this isn’t a basic maid service*. We take the time to make your space feel just right.

Whether it is your home, rental property, building, shop or office, Clean My Space is the answer to your cleaning needs.

If anyone knows cleaning, it's Clean My Space's president and resident cleaning expert, Melissa Maker. See her work on YouTube.com/cleanmyspace, The Social, The Rachael Ray Show, The Today Show, Real Simple Magazine, Martha Stewart Living, Parents Magazine and more. Learn more about our company and it's fascinating history, here https://cleanmyspace.ca/about-cms/.

We carry non-toxic cleaning products and our very favorite cleaning tools. We love to help advise our clients on acquiring the essential cleaning products and tools for a cleaner, healthier home!