Weed Man

Reviews for Weed Man

Shaun - Scarborough in Scarborough
Shaun - Scarborough in Scarborough

Enough with the calls already - No Means No

I tried Weedman for one year (2015) and didn't see a bit of difference in my lawn. I cancelled after a single year and went back to doing it myself. The issue I have with this company is the fact that I receive a call from various Weedman representative almost every week offering me a "special deal". Despite my numerous requests to remove me from their call list, the calls continue!

I am sorry for any inconvenience we might have caused you as this was never our intent. If you are still getting calls please contact my Head office and we will ensure this matter will be taken care of immediately. 416-269-8333

Private User reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Terrible!

I decided to try Weed Man this year and was very disappointed. In July they applied Fiesta anti-weed twice on my lawn (it was 3 days apart) because they mixed up my address with the neighbor. I was very upset not only because they ruined my lawn but also because they double charged me - no apologies received. Finally they sent me a letter that if I don't call to cancel their service by certain date they will auto renew me for the next year as they are a "continuous service company"... I dealt with WeedMan in Ottawa and they were fine. Scarborough franchise is just totally mismanaged, the right foot there doesn't know what the left foot is doing. Avoid!

What could this company do to improve their services?
Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?
Shauna in Oshawa
Shauna in Oshawa
1 review Oshawa, ON

General Weed Control

Our second year using Weedman - did not really see a difference in the lawn from one year to the next. This year we received a sales call and I told the salesperson we were going to be redoing our entire front year in the spring so we didn't want any more services. We still received one more fall weed control, I called Customer Service to find out why and it was clear there was a misunderstanding in the earlier sales call. I thought I had told the salesperson we didn't want any further treatments but my wording when the snotty customer service girl played my call back to me was "no additional services". So they are insisting we pay for the last service.

We will pay the last $60 fee, but that has cost the company our business - we will never use Weedman again and will tell all our friends how horrible the customer service was.

Liz from Etobicoke
Liz from Etobicoke
5 reviews Etobicoke, ON

BUYER BEWARE

This is my third summer using Weedman. First year was good...second year I started getting dry patches in my lawn. The company gave me free seeds. I boight bought soil and added seeds. I watered for weeks. Was getting better and it is the end of summer and my lawn looks its worst its ever been. I used to have a BEAUTIFUL full green lawn. Not anymore thanks to weedman. I need 2500 square feet of new sod which is going to cost me thousands of dollars.

blair_capel in Toronto
blair_capel in Toronto

More weeds than ever ...

When I invested in WeedMan I expected them to really concentrate on problematic weeds. Instead, they show up for 7 minutes and liberally spray the entire property without extra focus on said problematic areas. This was largely disappointing considering the cost to retain them. In effect, they do what anyone can do and have no secret or special method of application. They fertilize (which helps feed weeds as well) and then they spray to ‘prevent weeds’ which really just supresses their growth once fertilized. Save hundreds and just buy your own weed prevent spray and fertilizer. All WeedMan offers you is your time back.

Harry
Harry

The worst company ever!

This is one of the worst org I have ever dealt with... Used their service last year and cancelled it! But they came and serviced it anyways this year ( so they say!) only thing visible is the sign and the invoices.. we said we don't have an agreement for this year.. but they just don't listen! Now it has been sent to the collections agency.. this is so wrong!! I am positive there are many out there having similar situations.. we need to file a class action lawsuits...

Morry from Vaughan
Morry from Vaughan

Weed Man Scarborough - Application Without Authorization

Was previously okay with their weed control services. This year in April they came back, and without my authorization applied stuff to my lawn. Once I saw this I called them right away to stop as I was not using their services this year due to financial concerns. I actually made 2 courtesy calls prior to this date, but they have no voicemail for evening calls, and the day call I was the 14th caller and could not hold on.

They still billed me for the application and continued to request the money even though I told them I did not renew. I did say I would pay if they showed me a signed contract requesting automatic renewal. If I agreed to something I would definitely pay in full.

Over the summer I answered 3 or 4 calls from different representatives of the company trying to convince me to continue for the summer and offering me a lower price. I told each of them in a nice way that I did not renew the service this year and never signed up for automatic renewal. I also took the time emailing them that I did not want their services this year and never signed up for automatic renewal.

Today I received a letter from a collection company! So now I've explained to them as well that I did not renew the service and that they came without my authorization.

While I might have used Weed Man Scarborough in the future, I can't help but not recommend their services based on the follow up treatment of this billing issue.

Mark in Maple Ridge
Mark in Maple Ridge
1 review Maple Ridge, BC

lawncare

ever since they have gone to enviro friendly weed killer it doesn't work. I have called them numerous times about my displeasure of my weeds and there was never any improvement. They always say just call us back but isn't a complaint about the weeds 4 or 5 times enough to have someone come out and respray. Beware of what you do with them.....its not good

What could this company do to improve their services?
Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?
Yolande in Scarborough
Yolande in Scarborough

Beware of Weedman

Don't ever use Weedman. They are bullies and they will destroy your credit rating. They are in business to do just that. A young man came to my door in June asking that I provide my signature so that an agent call me to discuss weed control on my property. I did just that as I have a walkway that weeds love to inhabit.
One agent called me and quoted me a price to do my lawn. I said to him I don't care about the weeds on my lawn, I want my walkway done. He said they don't usually do walkways but offered me a price for vegetation control on the walkway to which I said no thank you because I thought it was too much.
Another agent called at another time offering me a price of $270 which will include the walkway. He said that I didn't have to pay for a month and that I didn't have to pay within that timeframe if I was not satified. That I agreed to because it seemed more reasonable. When the first treatment was done I noticed the "tech" did not touch the walkway, we had a discussion and I said why isn't the walkway done. He said, didn't they tell you? this will discolour the walkway. I said okay I will call to cancel. I called, cancelled and thought everything was okay. Then I get a bill. I called back and although they reviewed the voice notes we had and each agent agrees that I am correct in what I am saying they still can't reverse the charge. I want someone to please send me all the exchanges we've had. I will pay because they reduced the charges to $108 but I can't believe in 2016 a company like this still exists in Ontario. One agent admits that the salesperson who had the conversation with me was fired because of what he said to me but still.....They can't wait to palm me off to a collection agency. weedman....I can't believe you are doing this to people of Scarborough.....

I am sorry to hear of your disappointment with our service. We have never offered our service based on a guarantee that if you’re not happy after one service you don't have to pay, we offer unlimited reapplications to achieve our amazing results. I would like to discuss your concerns and would ask that you contact my office to resolve this very unusual case.

Steve Stronge

Kristen in Oshawa
Kristen in Oshawa
1 review Oshawa, ON

Poor Weed control, Constantly pushing to up sell services

Little to no improvement in weed control. They called often to harass me telling me I had overwhelming grub or chinch bug activity. (we dug our lawn up to lay a patio and did not find a single grub or bug...) They sprayed a few times and did not put up warning signs. Just horrible customer service and a total waste of money! They were very pushy trying to add extra services to my package.

I am disappointed to hear about your concerns. Please contact my office for a free reapplication of your weed control service. In regards to grubs, they are only found in our lawns from April to early June and all of their damage occurs in late August and September time. The service call is based on concerns in your area this past spring "Grub Alert" large numbers of June bugs found in your area so we are recommending a preventative treatment. If you have chinch bug activity we apply it at no charge as it is included in your basic essential program. Please contact our office so we can resolve your concerns together.

Steve Stronge
Customer Relationship Manager
Turf Operations Scarborough Inc. O/A Weed Man
416-269-8333

Ranked Top 10 by Forbes, Lawn and Landscape & Landscape Management in 2015

More about Weed Man

Let us AMAZE you. Weed Man is a network of locally owned and operated lawn care professionals providing environmentally responsible lawn care programs that help create the thick, healthy, beautiful and weed free lawn you have always imagined. For over 40 years, Weed Man's promise has always been the same: ...
Looking for Lawn Maintenance pros in Scarborough?