Urban Barn is the worst company that I have made a purchase from.
In a highly competitive industry, customers' service should be the company’s core value.
Here is some advice:
1. To train sales rep properly. When a customer purchases furniture from the store, let the customer knows that company’s policy with birthday month coupon actually is a big joke. Because the coupon is based on the date that the customer has been set up in Urban Barn’s newsletter system, not the date that the customer purchases the goods. In the situation the customers purchase the goods in the same month of their birthday month there is no guarantee the customers will receive the coupons because the purchase date does not count.
2. Increase sales with cutting off birthday month coupon is a not a good strategy. With intention to delay input customers' info into the system will save Urban Barn 15% of birthday coupon that would save Urban Barn some money but also will cause Urban Barn the loss of repetitive customers. Customers can be fooled once but not twice.
3. To train customer center and the sales rep tell the truth.
For the birthday coupon, there are a few versions
a. Customer center: the sales rep should set up the customer file with correct birthday month. If so, the customers should receive the coupon.
b. Customer center: Marketing department set up the rules. That is Marketing department’s decision.
c. Sales rep: Newsletter only send out the first day of each month, if the customer is not set up prior birthday month there is no birthday month coupon. For example, the newsletter sends out on May 1, the customer’s birthday is May 2, and the purchase happened in May 2, too bad, the customer missed the coupon because the newsletter sends out on May 1.
d. Sales rep: customer can receive birthday month coupon next year (should the customer be silly enough to go back to buy other goods).
4. To have the marketing department and customer service coordinate with each other.
a. Marketing department and customers service department telling different rules.
b. The policy should be top down not different saying from different department.
c. Should a company be coordinated, not acting like each department is a completely different company?
I did not receive my birthday coupon after I have called customer center twice, plus calling the store twice. The final result is the birthday month coupon cannot be received because I was set in the system late. Purchase date means nothing. I returned part of my purchase, but the love seat is considered a customized item that cannot be returned. Fine, I spent a fortune to buy a lesson from Urban Barn. Keep the 15% of coupon Urban Barn. I will let all my friends, my coworkers, and my society know what kind of company that Urban Barn is. This is my first time also my last time to purchase in Urban Barn.
- Approximate cost of services: