The Chimney Company Inc.

Chimney Build & Repair
HomeStars  >  Chimney Build & Repair in Markham  >  The Chimney Company Inc.

Reviews for The Chimney Company Inc.

Jim
Jim

Chimney Rebuild

Received a timely estimate from Bill to rebuild our chimney. His quote wasn't the cheapest but we decided to proceed based on a friend's recommendation and the extensive video library of past work completed by The Chimney Co. which is featured on Bill's website. Very happy with the result. Bill and crew were efficient and tidy. No muss, no fuss. Highly recommended...and the chimney looks great.

Thank you Jim for the review.

Merv and Chris from Markham
Merv and Chris from Markham

Chimney Rebuild

Our chimney needed repair due to general wear and tear over the years. Using Homestars, I contacted a couple of Chimney Build & Repair companies. Bill from The Chimney Company was the first to respond back to me for the job and a quote. Bill promptly arrived at my house to look at my chimney, assess the work required and provide me with a quote to perform the work. Bill also informed me that he was quite busy and gave me an approximate time frame for starting the work.

I must say I was very impressed with Bill and the Chimney Company. Bill and his crew eventually arrived on site to do a complete chimney rebuild from the roofline up. They did a fabulous job from start to finish (the rebuilt chimney looked great) including cleanup (no mess after the work was done) and the price was very reasonable. The Homestars rating for Bill and the Chimney Company was also very good.

I would definitely recommend Bill and the Chimney Company for any of your chimney repairs.

Thank you Merv and Chris for the review. Bill

Chimney rebuild in Vaughan
Chimney rebuild in Vaughan

rebuilding chimney

l had a chimney that was falling apart, l found the chimney company on HomeStars. They had a really good rating. When l call, Bill answer the phone and said he'll come by the following day to give me a quote. Bill left me a reasonable quote, so l went with him.. l am so glad l did, Bill and David came early in the morning and said it'll take about 4hrs to do. After 4hrs, l received a knock on the door and the job was done, no mess to clean and the chimney look awesome. Bill said he'll be back in few week to reseal the chimney, a few weeks later Bill and David came back to reseal the chimney.. usually contactor don't come back after you paid them in full, but Bill and David are a man of there word; true professional, that's why Chimney Company is 10/10 on HomeStars.. l would recommend them to anyone looking to rebuild or fix there Chimney.. THANK YOU!, BILL and DAVID

Thank you very much for the review.

Chimney Repair

The clay flue liner on our chimney was damaged after a heavy storm!
Bill at the Chimney Company was totally awesome and after carefully inspecting he discovered a squirrel's nest was housing 3 newborns inside our chimney! He suggested we wait 6 weeks until the babies leave the nest! He was right on the mark! 6 weeks later he returned, the nest was emptied and he installed a new clay flue liner and cap to perfection! What an excellent job, could not have been more pleased!
No doubt that Mother Squirrel feels the same!
Totally worth the wait!

Thanks Tina for the wonderful review. Bill

F in Stouffville
F in Stouffville

Chimney Repair

I have used Chimney Company for many years on various houses I have owned. Bill is professional, realiable and very competitive with pricing.

His work is completed while you are not home, on time, with quality workmanship and within budget. There are no surprises with Chimney Company.

Thank You Chimney Company for the ongoing reliable service.

Farhad

Thanks Farhad. Much appreciated. Bill

cherry in Toronto
cherry in Toronto
1 review Pickering, ON

Chimney repair

I have called many companies to provide quotation and repair our chimney. I was not pleased with the quotation of the other contractors. Also, some contractors didn't want to come, they only asked us to provide pictures and they will provide quotation based on the pictures. The bricks were already falling so the chimney has to be repaired. Good thing, Bill (The Chimney company) came, he checked our chimney (even though we are not around) and then left the quotation in our mailbox. I found his quotation very reasonable so I have contacted him.
When he came to repair our chimney, it only took 2 days and the job was well done. Our chimney looks good again and the bricks that were used matched our old bricks. You can hardly tell that it was repaired. Because of this, I highly recommend Bill, The Chimney company for all your chimney repairs.

Thank you Cherry for the wonderful review.

Chimney Rebuild

We needed to have our chimney rebuilt and found Bill from The Chimney Co. On Homestars.com. With so many great reviews, we contacted Bill and received a quote from him the next day. Throughout this rebuild process, we found him to be pleasant, trustworthy and an efficient, dependable and experienced contractor. A man of his word.

We would highly recommend him to anyone. Thank you Bill for a job well done. We are very pleased and had a good experience with you.

Pauline L

Thank you Pauline, it was a pleasure working for you. Bill

Dave from Pickering
Dave from Pickering
3 reviews Pickering, ON

Chimney cap

After the recent wind storm, it was brought to my attention that my chimney cap was askew. I called 3 companies that sell and install gas fireplace inserts to request a service call to determine the extent of the problem and fix it. The quotes ranged from $140 to $350 and nobody could come out for at least a week. I chose the least expensive and booked an appointment. A day or two later they called to postpone the appointment. So I decided to look elsewhere. I called The Chimney Company and spoke with Bill. He listened to my problem and said he could come and check it out. When I asked when, he said is tomorrow morning OK. Bill showed up as promised and scaled the roof. He determined that everything was intact and cemented/caulked the cap back into place. Bill was there for about 20 minutes and didn't charge me a cent. He said it wasn't worth writing up the invoice.

I learned that Bill's specialty is building/rebuilding brick chimneys for wood burning fireplaces, so I can't really comment on his expertise but I can say that his customer service was outstanding.

Thanks Dave for the review.

Dharini in Markham
Dharini in Markham

Rain Cap

After the terrible wind storm that occurred in April 2018 we noticed our rain cap had blown off of our chimney. I called Bill and explained what had happened. He came by the next day, took a look at the rain cap, went up to the chimney and reattached it for me. He didn't charge me for it because he said "he didn't have to anything". In an era where everyone is looking to make a quick buck, I am impressed by his honestly.He showed up on time, assessed the job and fixed the problem. I will definitely call him when I need to get my chimney cleaned or repaired. Thanks Bill.

Thanks for the review Dharini. It was no problem as I am always in the area doing estimates.

NM
NM

Chimney Rebuild

Bill was professional and courteous from the get go. His response time was fantastic and get me up-to-date.
Bill was able to answer my questions and concerns throughout the whole breakdown of the old chimney and rebuild of new one.
The work carried out by Bill and Dave (I hope I got his name right) was practically non-stop with care given to the property at all times.
We also found the company website very clear and educational, especially the informative video series "Bill On Fire".
The Chimney Company rates a 10/10 for us.

Thank you so much for the review.
Bill

More about The Chimney Company Inc.

The Chimney Company founder, William Bassels has been in the construction and real estate business for over 25 years. In 1994 he began specializing in the chimney building & repair and lining industry. He would obtain his W.E.T.T. certificates for “Technician and Sweep” and "SITE Basic Inspector" shortly after. Not being completely satisfied he contacted “Toronto Municipal Licensing & Standards” to be tested for chimney repairs and installation. He passed the exam and obtained a license as a “Chimney Repairman”.

In 1997 The Chimney Company was officially incorporated and carries all the necessary credentials, license, certificates, workers coverage, liability insurance and guarantees. Our professional staff and crew look forward to making your experience with us memorable.

Please keep in mind that we have Full liability Insurance & WSIB Coverage.