The Chimney Company Inc.

7530 Ninth Line Markham ON L6B
Chimney Build & Repair
The Chimney Company Inc.

Best of 2019 winner 5 timesBest of 2019winner 5 times

Reviews for The Chimney Company Inc.

Chimney rebuild

Service was extremely courteous and professional. Work was beautifully done and well explained in advance of what was needed. The job was done in the amount of time indicated, and there were no delays. Excellent job of "clean-up" also. Would highly recommend this company.

Thank you for the review. Bill

ken from Toronto
ken from Toronto

Tear down and rebuild Chimney

I called The Chimney company for a quote. The next day Bill arrived looked the job over and gave me a quote. I usually contact several companies for quotes before I decide who I want to hire. I was so impressed with him I felt why bother they were the company I wanted. He called a week earlier to confirm the date. They arrived as promised and quickly got to work. The result was an outstanding new chimney. They were truly professional and their clean up was impressive. The guys were even picking up little pieces of brick on the ground that had fallen weeks ago. You can shop around for companies but why waste your time when you can have the best The Chimney Company. Thanks Bill and staff for an exceptional job.

Thanks Ken for the great review. Bill

Chimney Repair

These people are obviously great and very professional. They’re friendly, did the job well and even cleaned up after theirselves properly. I would highly recommend them for chimney repairs. They were even able to make the chimney look identical to the old one (as they broke it down and rebuilt it). Overall, great service, job well done and nice people.

Thank you very much for the review. Bill

Dragos in Pickering
Dragos in Pickering

Chimney top rebuild

Excellent workmanship and excellent service from quote to execution. Never been so happy with a renovation contractor ! Highly recommend this company for all your chimney repair needs ! My chimney was in a very bad shape. Bill rebuilt the top portion and added the cap that was not included in the original design. I'm very happy with the outcome.

Thank you Dragos for the review. Bill

Nancy in Toronto
Nancy in Toronto

Honest and Professional

We contacted the Chimney Company as we thought our chimney needed repair. Bill came by the next day to see what the problem might be. He said there was nothing wrong with it that a little caulking couldn't fix. He left us with some sound advice and did not charge for the service call.
Great customer service.

Thank you Nancy for the review. Bill

Tom in Toronto
Tom in Toronto

Old house - chimney liner and repair

I called others for an estimate to repair a 75-year old chimney in which the clay and brick was disintegrating on the inside. Unlike the other companies which did not seem to know or could not communicate a solution, Bill of the Chimney Company performed a thorough inspection and produced a detailed work plan and estimate on site. Bill and his team did everything they said they would, and in the process provided information and knowledge every home owner with an old chimney must know to be safe. The Chimney Company is a rare find and I appreciate their work, integrity, expertise and overall approach. I will never consider another company and recommend The Chimney Company. -- Tom

Thank you Tom for the review. It was a pleasure to do the job. Bill

Glade
Glade
3 reviews Pickering, ON

Double Chimney tear down and partial rebuild

I had a double chmney that was in very poor shape. The chimney was not being used as my house wood fireplaces are all coverted to direct vent gas ones. I did not need the chimney but still needed to have it partially torn down, capped and repaired.
Bill and his team did very good job and I am happy with the work. I have not bothered to climb up on my roof yet to inspect closely but am confidedent there will be no surprises.

Thanks for the good work Bill.

Thank you Glade for the review. Bill

Theodore
Theodore

My chimney is like new! Easy experience, quality work, best price.

Service: chimney tear down and rebuild from the roofline.

It was clear our chimney needed some care as the first few courses were cracking, displaced, and when I went up on the roof bricks were crumbling. To avoid a water leak and potential disaster we decided to get a repair or rebuild.

We are glad that we went with Bill and The Chimney Company for this work. Here is why:

Quotation: Of the 5 companies that we contacted they were the only ones that came and actually went up on the roof to check it out. Others were good but checked things from the ground only or just wanted to see my pictures.

Job scheduling: They gave me a ballpark week and delivered within that timeline which I respect.

Job experience: they were able to do the job while I wasn’t home but when I viewed how things were going on my cameras I saw some amazing things. These guys eve took care to lay down a tarp on the driveway so their trucks and materials didn’t do damage. They work very clean with the tear down and replacement as well. If it wasn’t for just minor indents in the grass and mulch around the house for the scaffold you wouldn’t even know they were there.

Finished product: the brick match was amazing, they even treated the mortar so it would match the weathered 1970s mortar on the rest of our house. They fully watersealed and capped the chimney and were careful with our new gas insert liner too.

All in all I was very pleased and would highly recommend this company for your chimney work.

Thanks gentlemen you saved my family from some costly water damage and your price beat your competitors too!

Thank you Theodore for the wonderful review. Bill

chimney work

Bill is an amazing man. Firstly, when he says he is coming to your home he is there. Secondly, he knows his work. He is very knowledgeable and incredibly honest. Would never want to work with anyone else. A PLUS PLUS! Thanks Bill for your incredible dedication always.
Diana P.

Thanks for the review Diana. Enjoy your fires. Bill

Private User reviews Pickering, ON

Chimney rebuild

#1 Requested estimates from 4 companies; one didn't work in my area, two never responded, The Chimney Company left an estimate in the mailbox the next day. #2 Went on a (short) waiting list to do the work. #3 Day of, they arrived on time, set up in a safe manner (scaffolding), removed the old bricks, did the install, set a new crown and replaced the old flue cover (which was still in good shape), removed their equipment leaving a clean job site. All they left behind was a beautiful chimney!
First two pics are obviously before's. I should also mention that they matched closely the brick coloring to the front facade by using two different colored bricks-nice touch!

Thanks you so much for the review. Bill

More about The Chimney Company Inc.

The Chimney Company founder, William Bassels has been in the construction and real estate business for over 25 years. In 1994 he began specializing in the chimney building & repair and lining industry. He would obtain his W.E.T.T. certificates for “Technician and Sweep” and "SITE Basic Inspector" shortly after. Not being completely satisfied he contacted “Toronto Municipal Licensing & Standards” to be tested for chimney repairs and installation. He passed the exam and obtained a license as a “Chimney Repairman”.

In 1997 The Chimney Company was officially incorporated and carries all the necessary credentials, license, certificates, workers coverage, liability insurance and guarantees. Our professional staff and crew look forward to making your experience with us memorable.

Please keep in mind that we have Full liability Insurance & WSIB Coverage.