This review is WAY overdue but I guess they say better late than never.
The Short Review: Don and his team are trustworthy, pleasant, time sensitive and do an all around amazing job.
The Long Review: We contacted The Candu Group in the summer of 2014 to see if they had availability to completely renovate two bathrooms before the end of the year as I was pregnant and wanted the work completed before the baby was born. Don came out and spent considerable time with us discussing options and coordinating a plan. Following receipt of the quote we decided to move ahead with the project. Don and his team were able to start the job 1 week early which was great for us. The worked quickly on the demo and took good care of our home cleaning up after each day. Don provided us with great ideas and guidance along the way. I felt very comfortable with the crew and had no issues providing them a key to our home. Some reasons that I believe The Candu Group stands out are:
1) They took care of my home like it was their own, cleaning up everyday including vacuuming.
2) When there was a delay from one of our suppliers, Don stepped in to find ways to make up for it despite this not being anything to do with him or his team.
3) Following some rerouting of electrical, the basement ceiling needed repainting. We didn't know the paint type/colour so Don tried 3 different times to match and was basically ready to re-paint our whole ceiling even though the whole was in one small area.
4) Don provided honest feedback to items that he thought might not work.
5) Don is responsive and you do not have to chase him to do the work or respond to questions as has been my experience with many other contractors.
6) After the job was complete we had a few minor items to correct. Don responded promptly and came out with no questions asked to complete these.
So overall, if you are looking for a cheap job, The Candu Group may not be your first choice but if you are looking for a job well done by people you can trust in a fair and appropriate timeframe you should definitely consider The Candu Group.
- Company Response
Thank you for the detailed review. It was great working with yourself and John! My ultimate goal is to have a happy customer! With reference to the ceiling paint - you do know that I do not give up, Thanks again