The Candu Group Inc.

Bathroom Renovation
Mississauga ON L5R 3X6
HomeStars  >  Bathroom Renovation in Mississauga  >  The Candu Group Inc.

Reviews for The Candu Group Inc.

Alice
Alice

Second Floor Reno

The Candu Group receives our highest recommendation. It was a pleasure to work with Don and his team. They were very professional, extremely patient with our requests, honest, and took the time to explain in detail the process and different options available to us. The renovation included the master bathroom, second floor main bathroom, sun tunnels, hardwood floor installation, painting, and some electrical work. Don helped with the planning stages, dealing with sub-contractors, ensured that the tasks were in line and organized, and very hands on. We are extremely pleased and happy with the renovated space, especially with our new master bathroom. The framing of the room and the tile work are gorgeous. The room has been transformed from an out dated bathroom with lots of wasted space to a beautiful spa like retreat with a good amount of storage. We received many compliments from our friends and family. The house is now perfectly suited for our family and we can finally enjoy it. Thank you to Don and his team, Steve and Cory, for their wonderful work and for making this renovation project a success!

Renovations to Living Room, Dining Room and stairs

Don and his staff (Cory and Steve) did an excellent job on our renovations to our town house. The work was done on time and in accordance with our contract. We added additional services and were kept informed at all times of what the additional costs would be and the time it would take.
During renovations we had to fly to Los Angelis for an emergency family crisis. Don and his group were able to accommodate our changing needs and were respectful and co-operative at all times.
We would not hesitate to recommend Don and his group for any renovation required in a home.

Ian
Ian

Master Bathroom Renovation

Without hesitation, we recommend Don and his team for your master bathroom renovation. We are extremely happy with the finished product. Don did everything he said he would do - including attention to detail. On time and on budget with a clean and safe work site.

Ensuite batthroom renovation

Don did a great job and has great highly trained staff that are friendly and work hard. We are so happy with the outcome and the renovation went smoothly. The house was kept tidy to the point that you would not even realize a renovation was going on. Would definitely hire again. Thanks Don!

Janet in Toronto
Janet in Toronto

Full bathroom reno, tile work and potlight replacement/ceiling work on two floors

I hired Don Edmonston and the Candu Group having received many quotes from other reputable providers. I was absolutely thrilled with the process and the results that Don was able to provide. My project consisted of a full bathroom renovation, tiling at the landing area and laundry room and replacement of ceiling pot lights on two floors. With my house being an older house there were numerous small challenges that presented themselves throughout the job. Don was extremely professional taking care to explain the situation provided options for a solution, and ensured I was comfortable with the course of action. Don's team were fantastic and his commitment to my project was second to none. I wouldn't hesitate to bring him in again on any project and I'm thrilled with the results.

Veronica & Al in Burlington
Veronica & Al in Burlington

Bathroom Renovation

We have just had our ensuite bathroom gutted and renovated. To say we are pleased is an understatement - what a fantastic result! Don and his exceptional team, Steve and Corey, were punctual and extremely hardworking. The attention to detail by the Candu Group and their subcontractors was supreme. Don explained everything in detail and his guidance was very much appreciated. We have been so impressed that we are already talking with Don about having our main bathroom renovated later this year. We would highly recommend this company.

karen cutler from Mississauga
karen cutler from Mississauga

Basement reno

Don and his team did an outstanding job on our basement. The baserment had to be gutted and we ran into some additional issues, little things like cracked foundation and sub par electrical work, leaky windows however Don, Steve and Cory kept us sane and the work moving at a great pace. Doing renovations requires a sense of humour, patience (not something I have) and attention to details. Don kept us informed of the details/progress and issues as they came up and was always available to discuss problems. The team really made us feel confident and we are quite thrilled with the final results. The basement is/will be used more than we ever anticipated and i absolutely LOVE the laundry room! We will be seeing Don in a few months to start the kitchen reno. I would absolutely recommend The Candu Group! Its hard to find a contractor you can trust, get along with and eventually invite to your house for dinner. Don is that contractor!

Audra from Mississauga
Audra from Mississauga

Two Complete Bathrooms

This review is WAY overdue but I guess they say better late than never.
The Short Review: Don and his team are trustworthy, pleasant, time sensitive and do an all around amazing job.
The Long Review: We contacted The Candu Group in the summer of 2014 to see if they had availability to completely renovate two bathrooms before the end of the year as I was pregnant and wanted the work completed before the baby was born. Don came out and spent considerable time with us discussing options and coordinating a plan. Following receipt of the quote we decided to move ahead with the project. Don and his team were able to start the job 1 week early which was great for us. The worked quickly on the demo and took good care of our home cleaning up after each day. Don provided us with great ideas and guidance along the way. I felt very comfortable with the crew and had no issues providing them a key to our home. Some reasons that I believe The Candu Group stands out are:
1) They took care of my home like it was their own, cleaning up everyday including vacuuming.
2) When there was a delay from one of our suppliers, Don stepped in to find ways to make up for it despite this not being anything to do with him or his team.
3) Following some rerouting of electrical, the basement ceiling needed repainting. We didn't know the paint type/colour so Don tried 3 different times to match and was basically ready to re-paint our whole ceiling even though the whole was in one small area.
4) Don provided honest feedback to items that he thought might not work.
5) Don is responsive and you do not have to chase him to do the work or respond to questions as has been my experience with many other contractors.
6) After the job was complete we had a few minor items to correct. Don responded promptly and came out with no questions asked to complete these.

So overall, if you are looking for a cheap job, The Candu Group may not be your first choice but if you are looking for a job well done by people you can trust in a fair and appropriate timeframe you should definitely consider The Candu Group.

Thank you for the detailed review. It was great working with yourself and John! My ultimate goal is to have a happy customer! With reference to the ceiling paint - you do know that I do not give up, Thanks again

GM / Mississauga
GM / Mississauga

complete bathroom renovation

We contacted Candu to provide a quote for the project. Don was able to meet with us to discuss the job in detail to offer a quote. We accepted pricing and a work plan was arranged. Don's crew arrived on the dot. The floors were protected throughout the job and we appreciated the care taken as it progressed. The time frame from start to finish was 4 1/2 weeks. Steve and Cory did an excellent job and ensured that everything was fully completed.
We would recommend Don and The Candu Group to anyone planning to renovate their bathrooms. The job was done to our complete satisfaction.

My goal is to meet and exceed your expectations. Nice to see you are happy with the work and my team. Thank you for the review!
You were both a pleasure to work with.

Shari  from Oakville
Shari from Oakville

Bathroom renovation

I had the Candu Group Inc. do a full ensuite bathroom renovation and updates to the master bath in Oct 2014. I am thrilled with the outcome. Don took the time upfront to discuss options and provide recommendations to stay within my budget. He kept close communications, providing updates when needed and promptly returning calls/emails. Steve and the others in the crew are professional, meticulous, and very skilled. They arrived on time, and cleaned up at the end of each day. The project took longer than expected, but was not a problem – unexpected things come up during any renovation, and some additional jobs are added! I highly recommend Don and the Candu Group.

Thank you Shari for your review. I am glad to see you are happy with the results. Thank you for the kind comments. Regards, Don

More about The Candu Group Inc.

Full service contractor, from design to finished product. Luxury bathroom spaces. Basements. Kitchens. Etc