Joe The Appliance Guy

HomeStars  >  Appliance Repair in Vaughan  >  Joe The Appliance Guy

Reviews for Joe The Appliance Guy

Ed
Ed

We need more professionals like Joe! Fantastic!

I called Joe to have a look at my LG Gas Dryer, which was making some rattling/noises that I wanted to have checked out, but also it was producing a gassy odor when it was drying. I also wanted the hard to reach coils under the fridge cleaned. Although he said he didn't normally service LG anymore, he was willing to help.

Joe arrived on time and after a short inspection he quickly found the issue for the odor. The metal ducting that is supposed to vent the exhaust from the dryer was broken! He removed the old duct, replaced it with a better new one, and performed a careful and proper installation. He was very knowledgeable and patient to explain and answer questions, reasons for the duct breaking/failure, and how a proper installation should be. The rattling that I heard was produced by the broken ducting each time the dryer started up, but he also confirmed that rollers sounded normal while in operation. He tested the dryer to ensure everything was working and venting properly. He also cleaned the hard to reach coils under fridge (for free).

Joe is a good old fashioned service professional! He is responsive, on-time, knowledgeable, patient, skilled, and friendly. We need more professionals like him in this day and age! Thank you Joe!

Thanks for the great review. I am glad I came out to help you as it even turned out to be a safety issue for you family. It was nice to meet you and I will be happy to help you, should you ever need it, in the future.

Chai Yuen from Toronto
Chai Yuen from Toronto

Whirlpool Washer

Joe is a fantastic appliance repairman. He is polite, personable and professional. My 20 year old Whirlpool washer stopped in mid-cycle and the switch mechanism to engage the lid no longer clicked into place. When I explained the problem, he knew exactly what part to replace and brought it to the service call. I was so happy that he could appreciate my desire to keep my old machine and assured me it was still an excellent model that would last me for many more years! His rates are very reasonable and his goal is customer satisfaction, even waiting for me to clean the gunky buildup around the drum and vacuum the dust bunnies under the machine. Thank you Joe! I will not hesitate to refer or call you again.

It was my pleasure to salvage your washer, as I really like the machine. Thank you very much for the wonderful words. It was very nice meeting you.

Private User reviews Markham, ON

Excellent customer service!

Our stainless steel Kenmore (Whirlpool) bottom freezer, side by side refrigerator (6 years old) stopped working (the freezer worked not the top part). Looked for Homestar referrals in Thornhill and found Joe's name. Left him a message on Sunday and he called and came to the house Monday morning. He explained what the problem was, provided options/risks and repair costs and he replaced the circuit board. Quick response, clear communication, reasonable price (service fee is less than some others I had considered calling). Would highly recommend Joe and use him again if necessary!

Thanks a lot for the glowing review! I truly appreciate your business and especially clients like yourself.

Michael in Thornhill
Michael in Thornhill

Dryer repair

This is the second time we called Joe for a repair, first for our fridge and now for the dryer. He is just amazing, came the next day, fixed it within an hour. He is very personable and very fair, does not replace things that don’t need replacing. Highly recommended.

It was a pleasure to see you again. Thank you for the great review. Any time you need any help I am a phone call away.

Penelope in Toronto
Penelope in Toronto

Very professional and a pleasure to deal with

Joe fixed our dryer about 6 years ago. When I was having an issue this time, I remembered how positive my experience was last time and thought of Joe first. He is very responsive and was able to adjust to my schedule. He fixed our dryer wheel and even had the original parts on hand. He was very professional and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him or call him again myself.

Thank you so much for your support!
It was very nice to see you again and I really enjoyed working with you.
Thank you for your business and if you require anything in the future I'm a phone call away.
Thanks again

Architect in Richmond Hill
Architect in Richmond Hill
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

Professional and reliable

My washer filled with water but would not start. I only had a small window available and Technician was kind to accommodate me within the next business day.
He arrived prepared, on time and service was done fast as I requested as I had an appointment right after. Very pleased with his professionalism

Thanks a lot for the nice review! I truly appreciate your business and especially clients like yourself.

Great Service and Knowledge

Joe had fixed our previous fridge and we called him back, after about 10 years, to fix our newest one after. Joe was well prepared and had everything in his van to fix our issue (fridge was not keeping cold). He also fixed another issue with the fridge that was leaking water with a self-made device. After 3-4 weeks we have not seen any more water leaking from the fridge and he did that for nix. We also had an issue with our stove and he came back the same day to fix that as well after he served his other clients. You can tell Joe is very experienced in his field asking the right questions to troubleshoot to fix the problems with our appliances. Don't look any further for a repairman!

Thanks a lot for the nice review! I truly appreciate this, especially since it has been 10 years since I have been there.
It was a pleasure seeing you guys again and helping you out. I am glad I got your appliances back in shape. Thank you again for your support!

Sam from Toronto
Sam from Toronto

Samsung Dryer Repair

First time using Joe the Appliance Guy and was quite impressed he knows his stuff and is well prepared. Samsung gas dryer was not spinning. Joe was on time, gave great service and got the job done quickly. Will definitely use Joe again in the future!

Thanks a lot for the great review Sam! I truly appreciate your business and especially clients like yourself.

Melina in Toronto, Ontario Canada M6R1T5
Melina in Toronto, Ontario Canada M6R1T5

Deserves at least 12 out of 10!!!

A few weeks back I called Joe about our stove. He really is as great as the reviews say. He returns calls quickly, comes as soon as he is able, knows how to diagnose and fix the problem quickly and efficiently and neatly. We had a problem with a burner that my brother in law tried to fix and then got stumped. Joe listened and knew right away what needed to be done. He is so trustworthy, kind and friendly that I did not hesitate to have him come over when my mother was alone. She said he obviously knew what he was doing. He was very quick and efficient and on top of it he charmed her. Also he managed to have a small piece that had been missing from the replacement dial that I had purchased. The store had neglected to give it to me. He honestly deserves at least a 12 out of 10!! Thanks Joe!! sorry it took me so long to finally post this review.

It was a pleasure helping you guys out and I remember your mother was very nice. Thank you again for your support!!!

Julie Walters in North york
Julie Walters in North york

Amazing talent !

I have had Joe in to fix ‘the unfixable’ before. This time it was a 20 year old dishwasher that was completely shut down and full of water. Joe came within half a day of me calling him. Within 20 minutes, Joe had it apart, repaired the wiring, went to his truck and found replacement parts (brand new), And had it put back together perfectly and working better than before. No new dishwasher needed ! While he was here, Joe gave me some tips on how to keep our fridge in excellent health as well. He is passionate about appliances and is a rare talent - he is skilled, professional, honest and persists until the appliance works beautifully again. I’d call Joe for any appliance repair. He’s an amazing talent !

It was a pleasure seeing you again after many years. Thank you again for your support!!!

More about Joe The Appliance Guy

Appliance Repair

WE NO LONGER SERVICE PICKERING OR West of Brampton or Oakville or north of Hwy 9 or Stouffville
Fully certified, GAS license, Specialize on gas ovens and 37 years appliance service experience.