Taps Wholesale Bath Centre Inc

Bathroom & Kitchen - Fixtures & Accessories
1020 Lawrence Ave W North York ON M6A1C8
HomeStars  >  Bathroom & Kitchen - Fixtures & Accessories in Toronto  >  Taps Wholesale Bath Centre Inc

Reviews for Taps Wholesale Bath Centre Inc

Bathroom renovation

TAPS was chosen by our architect and he dealt with them at first. They continually screwed up our order. There was a 2 month delay on the vanity (apparently it kept missing the boat literally) and then they ordered the wrong size sink. It took another 12 weeks for that to arrive. We had to have the plumber come multiple times to install various pieces. We also had to spend 3 months with no sink in our bathroom because of their error. When we asked for a rebate to cover our increased costs, Dominic ignored our requests. When we compelled him to reply (because they needed to set up a time to pick up the wrong-size sink), he belittled us commenting, "If you are perfect I commend you. However if you are like me you'll understand that not every human error requires a discount or rebate." I would never use TAPS again and would recommend anyone to make sure your architect or contractor doesn't use them either.

Liam M
Liam M
2 reviews Burlington, ON

Great Products

I purchased a few faucets and heated towel rails from this location. I dealt with Alan who had a great personality and well versed in his product lines. Great experience.

Ian in Toronto
Ian in Toronto

bathroom renovation

Very knowledgeable, excellent selection. When we had an issue with the warranty on a product Alan Bloch was great and really looked after things. His great service will ensure we go back!

Amanda from Vancouver
Amanda from Vancouver

Bath supplies

The wrong parts were ordered and when questioned about why box was open the rep said it's fine. Brought it home. Parts were missing and it was the wrong part altogether and some of it was damaged. When buying asked where parts were made they said Italy, the box and parts said china. Brought the stuff back. Huge waste of time and money. Brought it back. Huge hassle returning. They over charged us originally and didn't want to give us that money back. The sales man was rude and said "oh whatever" and walked away. They said everything would be difficult to fix. No acknowledgement that they were wrong, no apology, no help. Had to pay our plumber on top.

LAUREN from Toronto
LAUREN from Toronto
1 review Lawrence, NY

bathrooom

Taps bath is a very busy place but with some patience I got the best service possible. Other customers that were in the store were very rude to the receptionists and then they wonder why they were rude back. Be respectful to them and they are more than glad to help you! They are wonderful. great experience.

James from North York
James from North York
4 reviews North York, ON

Bathroom Faucet

Taps has a great showroom with several products on display. I was told by a friend to visit the store for great quality products and purchased a nice looking faucet for my bathroom. Unfortunately, the faucet was defective and when I returned to have it exchanged, was told I could not exchange it because it was no longer available. Taps has a good store where you can get a lot of great ideas. I would visit the store to help with your design ideas but once you decide on a product, purchase the item elsewhere. You could find the same products at another store that will provide the support and customer service for the product that taps does not.

meg in Toronto
meg in Toronto
2 reviews TORONTO, ON

New bathroom fixtures

Needed to refit older master bathroom without doing a full Reno. Daniel at Taps on Lawrence was helpful and responded timely to my questions as to what the options were, presenting different price ranges and an option we finally chose that would allow us to refit a shower unit with sprays, rain shower etc in an existing tiled space.

tammy shendroff from Thornhill
tammy shendroff from Thornhill
3 reviews Thornhill, ON

faucets and fixtures for bathroom renovation

Taps has lovely items, and great selection. However, as others have already said-getting through to the store, after a purchase has been made is a horrific trial of endurance!! I had one small part that was not delivered with all other items, because I was told it had not come in in the proper finish. Fair enough, I thought it would come in the following week. By end of following week I started to call Taps to see what was happening, as I had not received any call from the store. Called the store on Wednesday to speak with salesman, never heard back, so on Saturday went down to Taps-finally located part, and picked it up-only to find that it was still not the right finish-was told to call back in the middle of the next week, as it should be done by then! Well started calling Wednesday morning-VERY difficult to get through to the salesman we dealt with-all you get is front desk that puts you through to salesman's voice mail-then you wait and wait... it took 3 calls that day to actually speak with salesman!! Got a new story from him that day about part and told to call again early the next week! Did that again and once again-it took many calls to actually get through and speak to salesman! Taps is great for selection, but when it comes to "aftercare" they are very difficult to deal with-it should not have to take numerous calls in one day just to get through and speak with salesman-on one of my calls when the receptionist told me salesman was busy with a customer, I angrily told her that I too was a customer, and one that had already paid Taps $2000.00, and that I should be treated better-she then went and got salesman on phone!

habfanmike
habfanmike

Taps, tub and shower glass for master bathroom renovation

Were recommended to Taps by the company that did our renovation (Home Improvement People - highly recommended). The selection at Taps was good, and we were able to get the taps for our two vanity sinks, the roman tub taps, the bathtub itself, and the shower glass (via Doors and More).

Price was competitive and quality of the items was good. We had a good experience with the salesperson who helped us out. As indicated by others who have provided reviews, the follow up customer service is less than stellar. When we followed up on the day delivery had been planned for (with the salesperson) they had no record of the delivery being planned for that day. They did deliver the next day which was fine, but really did expect the salesperson to arrange this.

A couple of days before the installation, we double checked the items received and realized that the Roman tap set was in chrome and not brushed nickel as we had ordered. Called in to the store on a Saturday and got the reception person … our salesperson was on vacation and they said someone would call us back … which did not happen. Called again two hours later, they transferred me to someone and it just rang, and rang, and rang … no pick up. Got a call from the salesperson on Monday morning and he personally delivered the replacement, which was appreciated. Did need to call in though – it was planned for between 9 AM and noon and he arrived at about 11:50.

So .. good selection, quality products, but customer service is severely lacking.