Suburban Glass & Mirror Limited

Reviews for Suburban Glass & Mirror Limited

Dawn
Dawn

Horrible Company.. Never Again

The glass on my fireplace shattered. My little guy thought it would be fun to flick his wet hands on the hot glass and of course it completely shattered. I called around to get it fixed and a lot of companies weren't fully up and running due to COVID-19 closures. I came across this company and William from Suburban Glass & Mirror Limited was open for business. I explained what happened, that there was no trauma to the frame but that the glass was totaled. He explained that if there is no damage to the frame, he could easily replace the tempered glass for $95 dollars plus tax. I live in Toronto and his location is in Pickering ON so I took the fireplace door frame off the fireplace (he was kind enough to let me know it was an easy task) and drove down to Pickering on June 15, 2020 to drop the door off. William wasn't in the store but I explained the conversation to the woman there and told her the price he gave me. Her reply to me was "that sounds exactly right!". She echoed the 10 day turnaround timeline William mentioned, I gave her the door, paid, obtained my receipt and started my long journey home. 10 days later I called to check up on the glass and the same lady told me they needed a bit more time. On June 30th, 5 days after the original timeline promised, William called me a left a message saying "I have your glass but I noticed that you left a door here so I'm just wondering what you want me to do here". I called him back a bit confused and explained what I needed and paid for. He and I went back and forth for a bit and then he agreed to put the glass in the door. I went to his store a few days later (as agreed) to pick up my door, and when I got there he said "I had to change the gasket on the door so I will need an additional 40 dollars!". By this point I was totally fed up with the nickel and diming tactics so I just handed him the money and took my door home. The most unfortunate part is that I am redoing my porch this summer and thought I would keep this company in mind since they do outdoor glass work as well. I have certainly changed my mind. I wish I didn't use this company. I should have waited for better options. Now that things have opened up, there are plenty of honest companies out there that will not rip you off. I should have read the reviews on here before I chose William at Suburban Glass & Mirror Limited. Lesson learned.

tara from Toronto
tara from Toronto

Custom cut mirror

They haven't changed the online information to show they moved to Pickering.
They do not wrap any glass they sell! So travelling back on the 401 in a truck bed was the worst experience.
I had to argue with the woman who worked there that i really needed it wrapped. It was loosely wrapped and i had to ask for tape to secure the corners with folded business cards.
Unbelievable. ...almost funny.....

Lucille Yates in Scarborough
Lucille Yates in Scarborough
2 reviews Scarborough, ON

Shower Glass Enclosure

We had Shower glass door installed by Surburban glass a few years ago. It is still fine. Theu provided professional service and did the job on time and on budget.

installation of glas walls and shower door in newly renovated bathroom

We had Suburban come and install our shower glass and door, they were very efficient and when the seal on the glass failed, they came right away to deal with it and we have not had a problem since, we would not hesitate to refer them to our friends, we have referred them to my brother since our shower turned out so well.

Dawn     (East Toronto)
Dawn (East Toronto)

GLASS SHOWER ENCLOSURES; MIRRORS

Will from Suburban Glass has installed 4 shower enclosures for me in two locations. I have had a wall of mirrors installed; a smoked mirror backsplash and numerous other glass and mirror installs. Service has always been great and professional.

Ghighi in Leaside
Ghighi in Leaside

Repair Chalking and Re-Align Glass Shower Door

The people at Suburban Glass re-aligned my shower doors but about 8 months later their work began to fall apart. After repeated calls to get them to come and fix it - they still have not returned. And I have been very polite and patient...until now!

Property manager in Scarborough
Property manager in Scarborough

5.8/10

replaced window panes

Project to replace large exterior window pane.
Long delay to get large window replaced.
Price was exactly the same for most of the contractors contacted.
Project was eventually finished acceptably.
Fustratingly infuriating when trying to get a quote for next project.
Basically given the runaround.
At the end never gave a quote nor declined to do the job.
Coming, coming, never came.

Looking for Mirrors & Glass pros in Scarborough?