Shanks A & G Plumbing & Heating Ltd

Shanks A & G Plumbing & Heating Ltd

Reviews for Shanks A & G Plumbing & Heating Ltd

Private User reviews Vaughan, ON

Replace Faucet

We called Shanks when we had an issue with our kitchen faucet - they came quickly, diagnosed the issue, ordered and replaced our new faucet very efficiently. Very satisfied with Shanks and Eric who performed the services on site.

Michael in Hamilton
Michael in Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

Basement Bathroom

We hired Shanks to put in a new basement bathroom.From beginning to end they did a wonderful job.Dave was very professional in costing out and managing the project. Steve brought a high level of knowledge and hands on expertise in creating the bathroom. Both were friendly, approachable and professional through the entire process.

Avoid

We have used Shanks many times because they are so close, but every time I regret it. They are close and come quickly. That's good. But, even simple jobs somehow require multiple trips, and you get billed for many hours of "work", while they "go get parts". Once they came, just said they didn't want to do the job, and then billed for a "service call", which involved no service what-so-ever. If you must call this company, request anyone BUT Yusef. He is completely useless.

Wendy in Toronto
Wendy in Toronto

Old house basement toilet leaking

We have a rental property (80 year house rebuilt 30 years ago) in mid-town toronto. The basement toilet was overflowing so the tenant called Shanks. They came in, decided there's no problem and needs no solution, and left us a bill for investigation. The very next day, the SAME problem occurred. The tenant called Shanks again. Shanks came in and started investigation with 5 plumbers! My husband asked for an quote from them over phone before they proceed, however never received. Shanks proceeded anyways. By the end of the day, Shanks decided that the problem is caused by tree roots growing into the clay pipes and they can't solve the problem. They asked another plumbing company to come in and give us a quote for $2800 to replace the pipe. In the same time, Shanks made my tenant pay $1300 on our behalf without even letting us know! We quickly hired another highly regarded plumber and did another investigation. The problem is NOT caused by tree roots and didn't need 4 digits to solve! Reading the past reviews i realized Shanks make old house owners pay 4 or 5 digits to solve the same problem that might not even exist in the first place; make them feel cornered to resolve an "emergency"; and make them pay more as the "situation was unexpected". I doubt Shanks' professionalism and integrity.

Cameron Mc. in East York
Cameron Mc. in East York

Basement Drains and Bathrooms

Working with Shanks is like being a family on "Holmes on Homes" but without the anxiety! They really know their stuff. They can be trusted. They charge a fair price for valuable work. We had a pretty major job with Shanks as part of a basement reno, involving drain work, new radiators and a bathroom rough-in. They did a great job. Quick, clean, efficient and on budget. They have a big team of professionals. In total we had nine different people in our home. Every single one of them was a pleasure to be around. Courteous and great with the kids and dog. Big shout out to Dave. Very knowledgeable. Great person to work with. Kept every promise he made. You can be very confident that Shanks will be a fantastic partner in your renovation.

Solved our problem the same day!

We had a malfunctioning toilet in my parents' ensuite and called Shanks in the morning and they came that day even though It was the week between Christmas and New Year's. The plumber diagnosed the problem - the tank wasn't flushing full tank of water each time - and he had the replacement parts in his truck and sorted out the problem. The plumber was friendly and courteous.

Bathroom Repair

I did a basement renovation about 15 years ago. The bathroom was in need of attention as the 3-way diverter in the shower had seized up and needed to be replaced with a 2-way. I only had 2 tiles and we thought it would be impossible to access the parts without cutting above the border. Steve managed to do this so perfectly without excess cutting and my shower looks like new as if nothing was ever wrong. He was so lovely to deal with and kept me apprised of everything he was doing. I am thrilled with the results.

Carla Canizares from Toronto
Carla Canizares from Toronto

Emergency Water Heater Replacement. . .and more

Our 20 year old toilets needed complete overhauls - replacement of the stacks and seals. Other suppliers we spoke to told us to buy new and they'd install. Shanks said no problem and we booked a date. The day before they were due to arrive our hot water heater gave up the ghost - water all over the place etc. We called them immediately and the next day all the work was done. They switched out water heaters, did all the repairs, took care of the natural gas hook up and more. The staff they sent knew exactly what they were doing, the scheduling of parts arrival | installation was seamless. I would recommend them without hesitation.

john zimnoch in Toronto
john zimnoch in Toronto

bathrooms, plumbing services, heating, new kitchen you name it shanks has done it for us

I suppose we first employed Shanks 25 years ago and Dave just came over to do a plumbing job a few days ago. Whatever household job we need Clarky is our first call. I never question price because good quality work costs and they always deliver.

As a real estate agent with my name on the line I do not hesitate to use their services and nor should you !

More about Shanks A & G Plumbing & Heating Ltd

Residential plumbing services.
Looking for Plumbing pros in Toronto?