Shanks A & G Plumbing & Heating Ltd

Plumbing
717A Mount Pleasant Rd, 2nd Floor Toronto ON M4S 2N4
HomeStars  >  Plumbing in Toronto  >  Shanks A & G Plumbing & Heating Ltd
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Shanks A & G Plumbing & Heating Ltd

Carla Canizares from Toronto

Our 20 year old toilets needed complete overhauls - replacement of the stacks and seals. Other suppliers we spoke to told us to buy new and they'd install. Shanks said no problem and we booked a date. The day before they were due to arrive our hot water heater gave up the ghost - water all over the place etc. We called them immediately and the next day all the work was done. They switched out water heaters, did all the repairs, took care of the natural gas hook up and more. The staff they sent knew exactly what they were doing, the scheduling of parts arrival | installation was seamless. I would recommend them without hesitation.

john zimnoch in Toronto

I suppose we first employed Shanks 25 years ago and Dave just came over to do a plumbing job a few days ago. Whatever household job we need Clarky is our first call. I never question price because good quality work costs and they always deliver.

As a real estate agent with my name on the line I do not hesitate to use their services and nor should you !

George Henry in Toronto

Shanks came in to fix a toilet that was acting up so I had the gentleman take a look at all of my other plumbing fixtures at the same time. He fixed the toilet along with 2 others and ordered parts for 2 faucets. Professional, reliable and good communication. Yes I will use services again and recommend to family and friends. Thanks Shanks!

Anna from North Toronto

Our shower stopped working and Shanks had to change the part. (All the fixtures we bought 15 years ago from another company broke so we knew this was the list likely the case.)

They ordered something that went well with our other bathroom fixtures.

We've used them for decades with our radiators and knew they are a very dependable and trustworthy company.

We couldn't be happier and we'll use them next month when we renovate our kitchen.

Kevin G in Toronto

Great experience from start to finish. Pulled out my old bathroom, and completely rebuilt it. The walls are now insulated and straight for the first time! Beautiful vanity, tiling, fixtures, etc. The plumbers were also super nice which made life much easier. I would definitely use Shanks for any future plumbing needs!

Paul Kight from Toronto

Shanks was called for a leaky, very old bathroom tap on a Sunday. It turned out that it was very hard to take out but the worker did - but could not budge the cold water (which was not leaking anyway). The worker commented about what "looked like" some dripping on the intake pipe from the outside - he initially claimed he could not touch the city=installed meter. It turned out he could and the water was simply condensation on a very humid day. All in all the worker traveled from Oshawa on a Sunday afternoon, so one way was one hour! The tap was repaired and the meter was adjusted in some way, the price was huge (550.00) but that's what you pay for weekend emergencies. Nice chap.

David in Toronto

I had Shanks out to repair a leaking water pipe on a Saturday afternoon in a rental unit. I was out of town. I paid "emergency" rates - which was extremely expensive. I had not used Shanks previously, but knew they were local, and I was no where convenient to research other options (such as Homestars). When I returned to inspect I was dismayed to see that the repaired pipe was not securely fastened. When you pay someone $600 plus HST for a small repair you don't expect to have to go in to finish the job.

JD from Toronto

Shank plumber on Aug 5 2015, in removing an old dishwasher and installing a new one:
- said he wanted to put in a new plumbing connection under sink; couldn't give me an explanation of why he couldn't use current connection (through floor); I asked that he use the existing hookup.
- said there was a problem that the old dishwasher wouldn't slide out under the counter. I looked and said I thought it would (and it did)
- said I would likely need an electrician because plug wasn't likely long enough; turned out plug was long enough
- broke off the drainage hose off from larger pipe in basement - said would need to replace the larger pipe or he wouldn't guarantee it
- said the new dishwasher wouldn't go all the way in under the counter, that I would need to get counter rebuilt as it was sticking about an inch out in front. I looked and saw a screw (from the old one) still sticking down from under the counter - once he removed it, the new one went in all the way.
When we tried turning on the new dishwasher - no water was coming in at all; so then he said he wanted to replace the main water valve into the house. But water was coming fine out of the kitchen sink tap, so I said no to the new water valve. He opened the bottom area again and clearly had forgotten to open the inlet valve or connection to the dishwasher. It was a 2 minute fix but he had wanted to replace the main valve to the house to fix the problem.
To top it off, the job cost approximately double the estimate that I was quoted on the phone, and the time (1 1/2 hours was the same as the estimate).
Update: I spoke with Neal at Shanks Plumbing about this installation and the related issues, and he was quite helpful. He was very interested in hearing my feedback, and said he would follow up with the installer about it. He also refunded half the cost of the installation, which seemed quite reasonable (and so reduced the cost from $340 to $180).

Review has 1 previous version