Santino Electric Limited

staktrace
staktrace
20 reviews Hamilton, ON

EV home charging install

I was in the process of purchasing an electric car and wanted a 240V/50A outlet installed on the garage for charging. Santino Electric was recommended by somebody who had used them before. I called and Sandro came out to take a look and give me a quote. After leaving he actually further reduced the quote which I appreciated. I got a couple of other places to also provide quotes. Both of those places took longer to get back to me, didn't come out to eyeball the space (just asked me to take photos and provide them with info) and were charging more. So I went with Santino Electric.

Jerome came out to the install - punctual and very professional. He confirmed what needed to be done, checked with me on outlet placement, etc., and went to work. After he was done he showed me everything and it looked great.

We also requested an ESA inspection of the work (which Sandro had made clear was optional and cost extra). Other than the inspector's poor scheduling practices (I had to be home basically the whole day) it went fine. Next time I won't be bothering with that inspection as it didn't seem worth the $150 to have some guy come out and eyeball the job and pass it without doing any tests or anything.

I recently got the EV and have been using the outlet without any issues. I highly recommend Santino for electrical work - my experience was that they are punctual, professional, and do a great job with attention to detail. And the best pricing, at least compared to the others that I checked with.