Rand Pools & Spas

906 Brock Road Pickering ON L1W 1Z9

Reviews for Rand Pools & Spas

Private User reviews Pickering, ON

Solar Blanket

Asked for a solar blanket to be ordered and installed about a month ago. The charge or the solar blanket including installation is approximately $365.00. A month passed without the solar blanket being installed. In addition, there were numerous promises to call me to have it installed but not once did they call me back. I finally had to call them for the fifth time and was told that they don't know when they would be installing it since they were busy with pool openings and other jobs. They also used COVID as an excuse even though I placed my order a month ago. I guess they value money more than the clients. Given that I had ordered this item about a month ago, they should have honoured their commitment to get this installed. Instead it was excuses after excuses. Their customer service is terrible and the folks that answer the phones provide next to little information. I did not find them helpful in the least. I had heard other negative comments from other folks but though I would give them a try. Well I guess that that the negative comments were well deserved. I would never do business with them as they clearly have to no commitment to their clients and will put a precedence on the jobs that are going to put the most money in their pockets. Find a company that is more reliable and has actual follow through.

Brad in Ottawa
Brad in Ottawa
0 reviews Ottawa, ON

Hot Tub

Best service by far for any hot tub place that we inquired with. Katy was our representative and was very pleasant, knowledgeable and caring. We had an issue with the hot tub that was dealt with in a timely fashion by Katy.
Thanks Rand and especially Katy for the awesome job!

Thanks Brad. We appreciate your business and your review! It was great working with you.

Adrian in Blacks Harbour
Adrian in Blacks Harbour
1 review Whitby, ON

New Pool Build

Rand Pools installed our swimming pool 3 years ago, installation was great as the crew was very professional and completed in a timely manner. Work was very neat and clean, everything has been working great.
Service has been great aswell, from a replacement light to water testing...I would definitely use / recommend Rand Pools.

Thank you Adrian! Your business and your kind review is appreciated :)

Private User reviews Ajax, ON

Pool

They were great during the initial construction process. When it came to fixing all of the problems after the install that was another story. They have refused to fix several of the defects that resulted as a result of an improper installation of the pool cover and never corrected many other issues that they promised they would. Their after care service is terrible and once they have your money, they are surprising unavailable for work that does not mean more money for them.

Hi Ben,

After your pool was installed, we gladly and in a timely manner fixed multiple minor issues (small stone removal from under the liner x2, new sand filter under warranty). Last season, we asked you to please contact us when you were ready to have the pool drained below the shallow end to remove the stone and did not hear back until the end of the season - understandably, as it was a very hot summer and the pool was in heavy use. As soon as we were given the go ahead, the issue was rectified and pool closed (no charge). This was not a matter of refusal and certainly not you being ignored.

The cover, in which you insisted on getting and maintained that no anchors be put into the waterfall was advised against. After having the a rep from the manufacturer & our crew meet you on site to discuss, they agreed to make the cover. After the install, you were of course not happy with the way it attached on the waterfall side of the pool. Our technicians offered a number of options on multiple occasions to try and help solve the issue, though you were unwilling to take their suggestions.

We take pride in our work and would not refuse to correct a problem that one of our clients may be experiencing.

Best regards,
the Rand Pools Team

John from Ajax
John from Ajax
1 review Ajax, ON

Pool install

The project went perfectly from start to finish. Bill designed the pool to match our backyard landscaping. The crews did a fabulous job. I would highly recommend them to anyone. Price/quote did not change, completed as promised and they have even checked in with us to ensure we were happy.

Thanks John! It was a pleasure working with you.

T. Wilson from Pickering
T. Wilson from Pickering
1 review Pickering, ON

pool service/repair

Out of the 3 companies we have used Rand is the best! They have opened, closed and repaired the pool, so I feel it is appropriate to do a review.
Their customer service both on site and in store is exceptional. Wished i had found them sooner!

Kim from Pickering
Kim from Pickering
1 review Ajax, ON

Pool and Hot Tub

We have a pool and hot tub both bought from Rand. The pool was purchased through Bill 25+ years ago. It has required some minor service (all done by Rand), but overall still runs and looks fantastic! Our self-clean Hydropool 575 hot tub was purchased roughly 6 years ago with no problems to date... Though we have tried several other companies simply due to convenience we always find ourselves returning to Rand Pools for any water testing or service needs.

Kerry, Toronto
Kerry, Toronto
3 reviews Scarborough, ON

Poor Service

Rand actually installed my pool 5 years ago. We have used them ever since to do our open and closing. There service use to be good but has started to go down hill fast over the last couple of years. This year was a nightmare. They said they opened the pool and in 3 days my pool was green with algae. I called in and reluctantly someone showed up and said they fixed it. Again 3 days later a green algae filled pool. I called back and was told they were short staffed and didn't know when they could have someone come back, convenient seeing I paid 3 weeks prior. I told them I would have to call another company then and reverse payment, they told me "you have to do what you have to do". I called Clear Blue Pools and had amazing service. They told me my salt water system had never been turned on at all. Regardless of informing Rand of my concerns etc.. Rand sent my bill to a collection agency for sevices I never received. I had to pay another company to fix their bad job. I will never use them again as they obviously do not value loyalty or quality of work. I have researched other pool company's now and realize that Rand is very over priced so I am glad now that this happened to make me more aware. I highly recommend you research other company's before using Rand to save you grief down the way.

achim krull from Pickering
achim krull from Pickering
1 review Pickering, ON

Pool filter repair

Our DE pool filter was clogged, and despite backwashing clogged again after running a few minutes. There was not enough water pressure to allow the heater to work. They cleaned the filter. Everything worked for 15 minutes then same problem. They won't return my calls.

Terry in Courtice
Terry in Courtice
3 reviews COURTICE, ON

Pool liner replacement

I had a couple of pool companies come in for a quote on pool liner replacement. There was water in behind the liner and there are already patches on the liner. The first company wanted $3700 to replace the liner. Grant from Rand Pools & Spas said we didn't need a new one! Grant's diver came and found my leak one day and had it repaired the next day! Thanks Grant, you will definitely get my business from now on!

Sep 07, 2012
Pool heater works great and looks good too. The people that installed it were friendly and cleaned up after themselves too! They were in and out within about 3 1/2 hours and my pool was up to 81degrees Fahrenheit later that afternoon! What a difference!

More about Rand Pools & Spas

In ground swimming pool service and construction. Hydropool Self-Cleaning hot tub and swim spa dealer. We carry Pentair, Sta-Rite, Hayward, Jacuzzi, Natural Chemistry, Zodiac, Raypak parts and more! Visit our Retail location at 906 Brock Rd S in Pickering.
Looking for Swimming Pools, Spas & Hot Tubs pros in Pickering?