Plumbing Mart

Reviews for Plumbing Mart

Persephone
Persephone

Pure Con Artists

I was a returning customer. He had done an excellent job with the bathroom in my townhouse and I wanted to the final touch: a matching faucet. I paid 50% of the quote and then didn't hear a word for two months. I called periodically but nothing was moving forward. I went into the shop and asked for my money back, at which point they said there were no refunds on special-ordered products. This is clearly stated in the bottom of the receipt.

The conversation got heated. At one point, the owner MN complains of being assaulted - by who and how, that is still a mystery - and so the Police come. At which point they drop the assault charge and start telling the cops about how they will get the "tracking number for the product today", and "communicate that information right away", and how I am "eligible for "store credit" - as if I would ever buy another thing in that shop!

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Kitchen Renovation

AWFUL. Had to get kitchen cabinet manufacturer myself to complete. I was under the impression that's what I hired them for. MY MISTAKE. Company president needs to take responsibility for mess.

mh from Toronto
mh from Toronto

Bathroom renovation

We hired Plumbing Mart in 2011 to renovate our bathroom. Our bathroom is 5' x 7', so we need custom work done. We decided to use Plumbing Mart because the sales people seemed professional. We could not have been more wrong. Over the course of the reno, we had to deal with a series of project managers because of Plumbing Mart's internal issues. There was no consistency between managers and certainly no continuity. Pictures were supposed to be take by the Project Manager to mark progress. Non were ever done. We have no proof of our walls being insulated but we are quite sure they are not, as the room is very cold and there is a large curve in what is supposed to be a new wall. The shower plumbing was never done properly and although we requested to have a licensed plumber fix the issue after the 4th attempt, we had to deal with a series of handy men. We were responsible for painting and repainting the damaged wall, and fixing the basement ceiling because of the leaks. Our ongoing issue has been with the poorly constructed custom vanity we had made. The project manager assured us he would take care of it. Two years later, an email trail of excuses and what are probably untruths, and we are no further ahead. The owner of the business was contacted. He asked us to deal with the project manager. The project manager told us he is no longer with the company. Considering he wouldn't fix the problem when he was employed by Plumbing Mart, we cannot fathom him helping us now. We notified the owner of the business of this fact and have never heard from him. It would be ironic if this review is what prompts a response. We have been left with no choice to to fill grievances against the company. Our suggestion to anyone who is thinking of using this company is 'DON'T'! They are only too happy to take your money but will not honour any of their warranties or guarantees.

Clay from Vaughan
Clay from Vaughan

Bathroom Renovation

We contacted Plumbing Mart to renovate our bathroom. They had a showroom at Yonge and 16th which was close to our home. Met with Victor who planned everything, ordered all supplies as agreed upon and visited our home. Just before the start date we were notified that this location had closed down. The Mississauga showroom was their only other location. We would never have chosen a company who were not reasonably close to our home. But we had already paid a deposit by then and there was no turning back. That should have been our first clue that this experience was not going to be a good one. Their workers did good work but showed up only 2-3 times a week. Sometimes we knew when, sometimes we didn't. The construction supervisor supposedly didn't know either telling us at one point his workers were at our house when they weren't. It seemed he was unaware too. One of the faucets that was installed was defective from the manufacturer and by the time this was determined and replacement parts arrived it took 2 more months after the rest of the work was already finished. Their customer service is terrible! Their communication is awful. We do not recommend this company.

Clay: Thank you for your review - but I have to question it's authenticity. First off it was just posted. The Richmond Hill Plumbing Mart was a franchise that closed 3-4 years ago. Why a post now? It doesn't feel legitimate to me. The poor folks at that location lost the business because the landlord closed the plaza, with a lease still in place, because he was building condos on the property. The Mississauga Plumbing Mart is a separate operation so you have posted to the wrong participant. All the Mississauga store has ever done is try to help customer's of the various areas out whenever is possible. We are not responsible for the actions of a store that closed years ago and was a franchise. Also, Victor never worked at the Plumbing Mart in Richmond Hill. As for ordering parts - any retailer is at the mercy of the supplier. They have no control on when a part may be received based on my personal experience. Best regards,

Ellen from Mississauga
Ellen from Mississauga

Powder Room Renovation

I recently completed a powder room renovation through Mississauga Plumbing Mart. I dealt with Mark Noonan, and was extremely happy with the service from beginning to end. He took me to a supplier to view cabinets, and I eventually selected a Kohler cabinet, sink and toilet which was displayed in his showroom. Initially I didn’t think it would work in my room due to the way my current plumbing comes from both the side wall and up through the floor, and the fact the cabinet I liked had high legs which would show the pipes. He was able to reconfigure the pipes to work with the cabinet, and came up with a design to hide the pipes by boxing them in and finishing the box with matching floor marble. This solution worked great.
The actual work was performed by Kevin. It was completed in a timely manner, and Kevin worked very neatly with minimal disruption. He did an excellent job laying the marble floor tiles and the ceramic wall tiles, and also did an excellent job painting. Mark also assisted with a couple of other repairs - one for my kitchen faucet and another toilet that had ongoing issues. Both were remedied and the work was done in a very timely fashion. The job also included some drywall replacement the basement below the bathroom to remove the old drywall which had been damaged by former water leaks. This was done efficiently and effectively by Kevin, and he cleaned and removed all the debris. I’ve had trades people in the past who have left me with messes to clean up after them, and I would have to say I was so happy this was not necessary with Kevin’s work.

Everyone I dealt with was extremely professional, friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. I would recommend their organization to others, and would consider using them again for any future projects.

Paula Sprigg from Mississauga
Paula Sprigg from Mississauga

bathroom renovation

We were seriously disappointed in Plumbing Mart on Dundas St. Mississauga. We did not receive the contract we were told we would get in the mail before the job was begun. We did not get it when we complained. The single worker sent to do the job did not have his tradesman papers and announced he had been a computer programer and this was his first job. He was sincere in his efforts to do good work, however it was extremely slow. Then Mark began pushing him to move faster and not worry so much about being perfect. The quality of the work then deteriorated. Decisions were made without our input and the work became quite unsatisfactory. For example, you can't reach the faucet from the bathtub without standing up. It is 53 inches above the bottom of the tub and 32 inches above the spout. We expressed concerns to Mark who would not remedy anything and it was useless to try to resolve matters with him. Having lost faith in his service we told him we did not want to work with him anymore. He had taken our credit card number and re embursed himself well taking $9500. We now will buy another vanity and glass for tub/shower and get them as well as toilette and vanity/sink installed. We are now getting things finalized by purchasing remaining pieces and having another professional worker complete the job.
We learned a lot about "buyer beware".

Paula was a very lovely lady who contacted us for a bathroom renovation - low budget. We put together a wonderful project for her at a much lower than market price. We had talked about several "upgrades" that were possible - but they did not fit her budget and we respected that. Unfortunately during the job the "upgrades" became an issue that Paula - and more importantly now her boyfriend, insisted that they were entitled to receive as part of the contract and we had some serious issues getting paid. We accommodated many of this upgrades at our cost - and then they complained about the upgrades. This client micromanaged the project daily causing us delay and frustration. Items like the height of the shower valve were reviewed extensively and their wishes were met. However after the tile was fully installed etc they changed their mind yet again and wanted it moved. It was impossible to do this without additional costs - and ripping out all of the tile etc. As for taking the credit card number??? Yes, we received payments from them but only with their approval - why else would we supply product and labour - but they did end up short paying us by $1,500 - a loss which we had to absurd. And yes, we did have to shut the job down for a few days while we waited for the third payment. It amazes me how people who don't pay complain about paying. We have pictures and paperwork for anyone to review to support our position. As for our technician, Ed did remarkable work and the pictures support that. Did he complete the work as fast as it happens on HGTV - no. That's not reality. These projects take time to do correctly and Ed was there every day working hard - until we had to withdrawal services due to lack of payment. As for the glass shower doors - Paula wanted to upgrade these as well and the costs was another $300 to do so. We had already bought her original choice of doors - so we were out of pocket further. We work very hard with our clients to spec the project entirely from the beginning to ensure a smooth renovation. Changes do and can happen during a renovation and we are always happy to accommodate - but sometimes there are costs and the client needs to be informed and aware of these. We as a company cannot absorb the expense of constant changes. Clients who want constant changes at no cost and without a loss of time need to adjust and be aware that their decision have a big impact on the project. Paula was a lovely lady who received a very beautiful renovation from one of our highly qualified technicians (Ed cannot even turn a commuter on let alone be considered a technician since he was born before the computer age...lol). Put it this way - he doesn't have a cell phone. We certainly wished that they could have honoured their payments and we could have finished the project. Had her boyfriend Roger stayed out of the picture I think we would have had much better results. I can show you the letters and emails he sent me. With appreciation, Mark Noonan

Connie from Mississauga
Connie from Mississauga

Bathroom renovations

We highly recommend Plumbing Mart for bathroom renovations. We had our main bathroom, ensuite and powder room updated and the main bathroom had to have a wall removed to enlarge the room. Mark Noonan was very knowledgeable and professional. As well, his designer, Preet was very helpful with the wall paint colours.

The work was completed to our satisfaction in one month Kevin, the installer was very efficient, tidy and conscientious. His skills were top rate.

We can say with confidence that if you use Plumbing Mart in Mississauga, you will be very pleased.

More about Plumbing Mart

Selection of fixtures and faucets. Complete renovation of kitchens and bathrooms.
Looking for Kitchen Planning & Renovation pros in Mississauga?