Pioneer Family Pools

905-946-8008
71 Cochrane Dr
Markham
L3R 9S1

We walked into Pioneer Pools in Markham, one wintery March day and met Kyle. We explained to him that we wanted to redo our small downtown Toronto back yard and we wanted a 2/3 person hot tub. After asking us some questions about the size of our space and our planned usage, Kyle made several suggestions and took time to explain to us the differences of his suggestions using the floor models (as the showroom did not have any 2/3 person tubs on the floor). We felt no pressure to make a purchase and Kyle was more than happy to take his time to educate us.

We took time to do our own research and decided to place our order with Pioneer Pools and Kyle. We explained to him that since we were getting our back yard landscaped at the same time and were planning to access it via a neighbour’s lot that the time window would be tight for the delivery of the tub as it had to mesh with the landscaper’s timeline. The window was tight about 3 hours, but Kyle assured us that this could be met. Sure enough, the scheduled day of the delivery, our Hot Tub arrived within the time window and our back yard was landscaped and Hot Tub set up within the time frame. We love our little oasis in the city.

After the delivery, we have asked Kyle questions about maintenance and general questions. He still gives us great service and answers our questions promptly.

Thank you Kyle and Pioneer Pools for the wonderful sales experience and after care.

Paul Torkoff in Richmond hill
Paul Torkoff in Richmond hill
2 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Hot Tub, Pool Supplies

We have been dealing with Brian for over 25 years. Our first experience was when we purchased a hot tub and everyone at Pioneer Pools was very helpful.

We have a pool at the cottage and we purchase all of our supplies from Brian. He has always taken the time to help me with numerous pool problems that have occured over the past 10 years.

Excellent people to deal with, I would recommend them to anyone

Ambrose
Ambrose

Pool safety cover & others

Purchased a custom pool safety cover from Brian after some initial research of various companies. He's able to help with questions that I have and was flexible in offering alternatives based on the cost and requirements. Got it after about 3 weeks and installed it myself and happy with it. The cost is reasonable and they helped on after sales questions.

Have also been purchasing pool supplies and parts from Pioneer for 2 years and their staff are always helpful and prices are reasonable, and never get the feeling of being pressured or BS.

Scott & Mary Sullivan
Scott & Mary Sullivan
1 review Maple, ON

Inground pool

My wife and I would just like to thank Brian and his crew/staff for making our backyard dream come true. We were explained what to expect and not only did Pioneer Pools deliver, they were right on time and guided us during the entire process. First class all the way!!

Thanks also to Scottish Gas and Vijay for doing a great job with the gas and electrical hook ups. We love our backyard and it's all thanks to you folks. Thanks again.

Stef & Brad
Stef & Brad
1 review Ajax, ON

Inground pool installation

We recently purchased our second inground pool with Pioneer Markham for our new home. We dealt with Brian on our previous purchase, and it was a no brainer in deciding to deal with him again. At no time during the research stage with our first pool did we feel any pressure with Brian or Pioneer Pools. He simply answered all of our questions and concerns and pointed out a few things we should avoid or look out for that no other competitor brought to our attention.

Construction was on time and we had a completed pool within 12 days of the initial dig. We have and will continue to use Pioneer to open and close our new pool since their after service has also been excellent. I have and will continue to refer Pioneer Pools to anyone looking for a pool.

figenca
figenca
1 review New Tecumseth, ON

Inground Vinyl Pool

I purchased a pool from Brian in 2009. Everything was going great until one side of the pool sunk. Then 180 degree turn around. Harmesh was very rude, uncooporative and unwilling to offer an alternative. It's been over 2 months they have my money and I have a hole in my back yard. They damaged my existing interlocks and second ground deck. It's another nightmare come true by Pioneer Family Pools.

Our side of the story is quite different and that's why we got legal professionals involved.

To all those reading this review, please note that the matter between Pioneer Family Pools and Mr. Figen was settled on September 9th 2009. Both parties came to an agreement in which Mr. Figen and his lawyer provided a signed legal document relieving Pioneer Family Pools Markham of all liability and any further liabilities.

Unstable soil and a severe existing perched ground water issue within the region were the contributing factors that affected this project and as a result, we deemed the area unsafe to work or build a pool in. A report filed from an Engineering Consultant hired by Mr.Figen support these claims and ruled in our favour.

It's unfortunate that anyone should have to deal with such a nightmare, but in some cases circumstances do arise that are completely out of anyone's control.

Brock and Sherry in North York
Brock and Sherry in North York
21 reviews North York, ON

Pool closing

This is our first time having a pool. After calling many pool companies, we tried Pioneer Pools. We booked it, they charged up front which is a negative and we waited for the week they said we would receive a call. The only thing I do not like, and this may be typical of all pool companies, not sure, is that you do not know the day they will specifically be there until the Sunday of the week they have you schedule for.

I guess they have to lay out their routes to close and they contract out the closing as well... Regardless, the closing was done well and we are set for the winter. We will probably have them open the pool as well and I will give a review of that as well.

So far, so good... I want to learn how to do this myself so we can avoid paying all the time but I know the biggest part is clearing out the lines and getting the pump ready for winter and I do not want to ruin my equipment which could cost thousands.

You get what you pay for and Pioneer Pools delivered on my pool closing...

Kelly from Hunt Club
Kelly from Hunt Club

Inground vinyl swimming pool

Met with Brian Durand, manager of the Markham location in August 2006. He came to our home, took measurments of the back yard to insure a proper fitting pool, and supplied us with a portfolio of information.

There was no pressure to sign, he wanted us to take our time and decide on style and options. After a week, a million answered questions, and reviewing other quotes we gave Brian a call back.

We signed to have an 18 x 32 Lagoon installed in the spring of 2007. The crew led by Dave Crookshank arrived April 18th and on May 9th I dove into my new pool.

At no time did I feel that I was receiving inferior products, construction, or attention to detail. No short cuts were taken. The crew was always polite and cleaned up after themselves.

Thanks Guys for great job...

More about Pioneer Family Pools

Inground Onground and Aboveground pools, Hot Tubs, Patio Furniture, Chemicals and Pool Openings and Closings
Looking for Swimming Pools, Spas & Hot Tubs pros in Richmond Hill?