Oshawa Appliance Parts Ltd

Kharovsky in Bowmanville
Kharovsky in Bowmanville
1 review Bowmanville, ON

Dryer heat coil

Customer service here is outstanding. In the process of repairing my dryer, I mistakenly discarded a critical part. The cost to replace this part was not cheap. The owner of this business scoured his vast supply of used parts, found an exact replacement and charged me nothing for it. He then gave me very helpful instructions on how to carry out the repair. This business feels like you stepped into a time machine and traveled back to a day where that human touch was more commonplace. Highly recommended

Tuckeredmama in Oshawa
Tuckeredmama in Oshawa
1 review Oshawa, ON

Kitchenaid warped oven needed wider racks

My 6 year old Kitchenaid oven walls had warped outward, causing the original oven racks to not have a wide enough span to accomodate anything sitting on it with weight (i.e. 24 lb. turkey!) I contacted Kitchenaid "customer service" and their only "solution" was to have a $112 per half hour service call, which would've amounted to them suggesting I purchase a new stove. I rejected that idea, and called Oshawa Appliance Parts to see if they could offer a solution. The owner was very assisting on the phone, and asked for me to bring in the oven rack. An attempt was made to "stretch" it on the vise, but width necessary wasn't successful. He then took a look and found another oven rack for me to try. When I asked how much I owed him, he said "no charge, we don't know if it will work". I replied he had to charge something for the time he had taken with this problem. Oven rack fits perfectly, went back and got another one. He wasn't going to charge me for anything ..... !! I gave him some money and told him that I wanted this place to be open forever. If you have any problems with any appliances, small motor things, etc. this is the place to go! It might take some time, but they are very knowledgeable and have great fixes! A few years ago, I had the stove knob on the same stove crack. I called them to see about it, and they had come up with a metal insert to put in them so they would never crack again. I took all 4 knobs and had them done ... I believe it costed about $20 total whereas a new knob was $40 and still plastic. Highly recommend this place!!

James Rankin from Whitby
James Rankin from Whitby
1 review Whitby, ON

Refridgerator Parts

Excellent Service. They benched tested a part that would cost $160 and found that it worked. I later discovered $12 part that solved my problem. This service has been replicated time and time again when I have gone to them for help with appliance repair.

walter  from Oshawa
walter from Oshawa
2 reviews Oshawa, ON

ordered an ice maker 6 weeks ago

This place seems to be major disorganized. I ordered an icemaker and was promised it in a week and after a week was told it was on back order. I got a different person on the phone from when I ordered it and wanted to confirm it had been ordered so she says just a minute and I hear shuffling of papers like someone flipping through a book... she can't find the order and says was it a man that took the order and I said yes... then more flipping of pages.. then got put on hold for 10 minutes and finally comes back saying yes the order was in but it has to come from the U.S. I have since phoned several times and the last time was put on hold and I finally hung up after 15 minutes.. My next call will cancel the order..I am amazed that a business exists in this day and age and does not have orders on a computer that are easy to find. I would not recommend this place to anyone

Lisa in Oshawa
Lisa in Oshawa
1 review Oshawa, ON

Bissell Steam Cleaner Parts

This store is the most disorganized; fire hazard in Oshawa. I attempted to order some parts for my Bissell Steam Cleaner; and after 2 months of waiting I finally gave up and ordered the parts myself online.

The lady that works there told me that the only place I could get Bissell Parts is to order them from Texas; well, I am here to tell you that is not true.....you can get them in Canada too!!!

After receiving the run around for 2 months; I found out that my order had not placed, nor did they have the paper work I provided them with the part numbers, etc that I required.

I have to wonder what would have happened if I continued waiting for these parts.

Since they are the only appliance parts store of it's kind in Oshawa; people are forced to go there for their appliance needs; so they really don't care if their customers are satisfied or not.

Take my advice, unless you are able to purchase something they have in stock, don't waste your time ordering anything from them, you will never receive it!!