Open Sesame

Reviews for Open Sesame

Bob C from Toronto
Bob C from Toronto

Fast Service, Great Guy

I bought this house 17.5 years ago and Steve had installed the opener previously. About five years ago, I had a small problem and called Steve. He directed me on what to do over the phone and I fixed it. A few weeks ago, there was another problem. Steve came over and fixed it. After about 20 minutes of work, he didn't charge me for the service call. I would have completely understood if he did. He told me at the time that a part was not going to last much longer.

Sure enough, that part broke down again. When I called, he said he was on a job but would come over after. Sure enough, he was at my house within a few hours. The price was the same as he told me earlier. The only reason the total expense was more was because I opted for a new keypad and remote. He didn't hard sell me at all on these items, more the other way around. He even offered to come again to replace the keypad with no service charge but I wanted it all done at once.

Throughout it all, I felt totally comfortable with how Steve operated. Had he told me to replace the entire unit, I would have believed him given the length the original opener has lasted. The fact that he did a free service call a few weeks ago was also very impressive to me. I don't see that often anymore, and he had no guarantee I would use him for the final job.

Steve was a great guy.

Irene from Thornhill
Irene from Thornhill

amazing service

Steve and his company installed new garage doors at our place a few years back. We were so pleased with the doors and Steve was so great to work with. Such an honest, polite and interesting person. Lately, one of the doors was opening without receiving a signal. We called up Steve and the next day he was at our place to fix the problem. He supplied us with a new remote control battery and did not even want to take any money for that or for the visit. He is a real gem. He is super professional at what he does and we will continue to recommend him when the opportunity arises.

Anver  in Toronto
Anver in Toronto

Garage Door Opener

I had a problem with the garage door opener - codes were not working the car home link was not working. Called Steve at Open Sesame (used him before) and he talked me through possibilities and told me what to do. The problem persisted and this morning I spoke with him again and once again he was incredibly patient and then asked about the bulbs and indicated I needed to replace the LED bulbs I put it. Sure enough just like magic the problem was solved. Thank you Steve. You were superb!!!!!

If there are 10starts you would get 10 out 10!!

HomeStars in Toronto
HomeStars in Toronto

A good job was only one part of my experience

The motor on my Garage door broke on Sunday. Called Open Sesame because it was close to my home. Steve was very helpful. Gave me time for Monday. Listened to the issue and offered two options with price quote, repair or replace. I went for replacement.
Next day he came over, I stayed there to help but he did not need any but I thoroughly enjoyed watching him do it. There was fluidity in his work, no wasted movements like a person who has done it thousands of time. An excellent job but also a wonderful person to meet and talk. It was so good work that I wanted to pay him more but he refused saying this is all.
Summary, he is Michael Angelo of Garage doors

Private User reviews Richmond Hill, ON

New garage door

We had a new garage door and garage door opener installed by Steve. I would highly recommend Open Sesame to all my friends. From our appointment to select the garage door to the actual installation, our experience was amazing. Steve was punctual, very professional and knowledgeable. He genuinely seems to take pride in his work and wants to help people. During our installation, he was troubleshooting people's garage door problems over the phone for free. A true gentleman.

Josh in Toronto
Josh in Toronto

First class in all respects

My garage door stopped working so I gave Open Sesame a try based on his reviews on homestars. Steve was punctual, professional, and went above and beyond to make sure I was happy with his work. Very nice and personable as well. Strongly recommend.

Private User reviews Pickering, ON

10 plus plus: a real class act

Sound advice, very patient and polite. I've called them twice this year for help. I described the problems and he walked me thru step by step. Thank you, Open Sesame and have a wonderful holiday. You will be getting my business in the future.

Vlad
Vlad

Garage door fix

Garage door cable broke, door went off the railing and jammed, called Steve, he arrived the same day, 1 hour later – door is fixed and we are back in business. Excellent service, fair price, quick and efficient. This is second great job Steve done for us. I highly recommend Open Sesame for all your garage door needs.

Susan
Susan

New Garage Door

We have nothing but good things to say about Steve Esber and his company Open Sesame. Our garage door was hit by a car and was damaged beyond repair. We called Steve (he had helped us out a few years ago), on the Thursday and he came to our house within a few hours with samples. He explained the different styles of doors, and answered our questions knowledgeably. On Friday, the old door was removed, and our new garage door was installed (it was one of the coldest days of the year). Steve did an amazing job. We were thrilled with his workmanship. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone who requires service for their existing garage door, or a new one! As if this is not enough, Steve also has a great sense of humour.

Richard in Toronto
Richard in Toronto

Garage Door Repair

Called Open Sesame at the recommendation of a friend because my garage door was not opening all the way it was getting stuck about 18 inches from the bottom. Steve had me get a screw driver and ladder and walked me through adjusting the toque on the controller and helped me fix it in 5 minutes at No Charge. This guy was amazing helpful, professional and knowledgeable. Highly recommend Open Sesame I will definitely use them again.

More about Open Sesame

Doors - Over Head Type Please call - I do not use email
Looking for Garage Doors & Hardware pros in Toronto?