Open Sesame

88 Faywood Blvd Toronto ON M3H2X5

Reviews for Open Sesame

Private User reviews Richmond Hill, ON

New garage door

We had a new garage door and garage door opener installed by Steve. I would highly recommend Open Sesame to all my friends. From our appointment to select the garage door to the actual installation, our experience was amazing. Steve was punctual, very professional and knowledgeable. He genuinely seems to take pride in his work and wants to help people. During our installation, he was troubleshooting people's garage door problems over the phone for free. A true gentleman.

Josh in Toronto
Josh in Toronto

First class in all respects

My garage door stopped working so I gave Open Sesame a try based on his reviews on homestars. Steve was punctual, professional, and went above and beyond to make sure I was happy with his work. Very nice and personable as well. Strongly recommend.

10 plus plus: a real class act

Sound advice, very patient and polite. I've called them twice this year for help. I described the problems and he walked me thru step by step. Thank you, Open Sesame and have a wonderful holiday. You will be getting my business in the future.

Vlad
Vlad

Garage door fix

Garage door cable broke, door went off the railing and jammed, called Steve, he arrived the same day, 1 hour later – door is fixed and we are back in business. Excellent service, fair price, quick and efficient. This is second great job Steve done for us. I highly recommend Open Sesame for all your garage door needs.

Susan
Susan

New Garage Door

We have nothing but good things to say about Steve Esber and his company Open Sesame. Our garage door was hit by a car and was damaged beyond repair. We called Steve (he had helped us out a few years ago), on the Thursday and he came to our house within a few hours with samples. He explained the different styles of doors, and answered our questions knowledgeably. On Friday, the old door was removed, and our new garage door was installed (it was one of the coldest days of the year). Steve did an amazing job. We were thrilled with his workmanship. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone who requires service for their existing garage door, or a new one! As if this is not enough, Steve also has a great sense of humour.

Richard in Toronto
Richard in Toronto

Garage Door Repair

Called Open Sesame at the recommendation of a friend because my garage door was not opening all the way it was getting stuck about 18 inches from the bottom. Steve had me get a screw driver and ladder and walked me through adjusting the toque on the controller and helped me fix it in 5 minutes at No Charge. This guy was amazing helpful, professional and knowledgeable. Highly recommend Open Sesame I will definitely use them again.

Jennifer from Toronto
Jennifer from Toronto

Garage door wouldn't close

I accidentally cut a wire and the garage door wouldn't close. He was able to come within a few hours and quickly fixed the door. He was very professional and I really appreciated the fact that he didn't charge extra for "emergency" repairs for having come within a few hours.

Cedric
Cedric

Garage door fix

If you're looking for someone with integrity to deal with, Steve's your guy. Steve will at first try and troubleshoot the problem and fix by phone at no charge. That worked the first time I called him about three years ago, but this time around it wasn't possible so after a bit of convincing he made a service call. He described what he was doing as he fixed issues with the garage door openers (both remote and mounted) and a shorted cable, and showed me how to fix-it-yourself common problems encountered with garage door openers. all this for a very modest fee.

Ron in Thornhill
Ron in Thornhill

Garage door repair

Steve came within a few hours of my call the day after Labour Day. He repaired the broken cable and replaced a hinge that had rusted, causing the cable to rust and break. Quick, efficient and friendly.

More about Open Sesame